FM20 Emulating Sir Alex

• Thread starter Michael Onwuegbu
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 4K

What now?

• Galactico Challenge (I'll explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Find a new team and continue in this save.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Pentagon Challenge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glory Hunter

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Non-league to premier league

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

Michael Onwuegbu

Everyone felt important under Sir Alex' – Valencia offers first ...

My previous save has come to an end due to me losing interest and FINALLY getting FM20. After playing through a test save I have decided my main save will be the Sir Alex Ferguson challenge. For those unaware of the rules here they are:

The Goals of the challenge is to
Win a domestic cup within 4 seasons - Ferguson won his first cup vs Crystal Palace in 89/90.
Win a league title within 7 seasons - Ferguson won his first title in 92/93.
Win a league and cup double within 8 seasons - Ferguson won his first double with United in 93-94.
Win a league, cup and Champions League within 13 seasons- Ferguson won the infamous treble in 98/99.
And then finally emulate all his success, with the numerous number of title he won.
I will be simulating to November 6 ( the date he took over Man United) and taking over the 19th placed team in the Prem.
EDIT: The reason I am taking over the 19th placed team is because United were second from bottom when Fergie took over.

Okay I have simulated all the way to November 6th let's see who we get,.....
WELCOME TO BRIGHTON!
Beginning.png

At the 5th of November it was Brighton who sat 19th in the table. I am excited as they certainly aren't the worst I could've gotten. We have a squad full of some promising talent like Alex McAllister and Aaron Conoly. I hope to get the best out of them and potentially have them back as staff after retirement as Fergie did with some of his players. The Brighton squad has a lot of exciting players. They've lined up in a 5-2-2-1 so far but I'm going to use a 4-2-3-1 or a 5-2-3. There isn't a lot of money to change the squad, seeing as Graham Potter spent big before I arrived, so I'll have to adapt my tactics to the squad. My first game in charge is Norwich just before the international break so let's see how we do.....

First.png

We've absolutely ROMPED them. I used the 4-2-3-1 and the plan worked to perfection. March has scored a hattrick in my first ever game, but I'm not 100% pleased. We came dangerously close to throwing it away and we need to work on holding ourselves together. But I can be pleased that we have climbed out of the relegation zone.
Rise.png

Total Trophy Cabinet of Fergie:
Premier League (13)
FA Cup (5)
League Cup (4)
Community Shield (10)
UEFA Champions League (2)
UEFA Europa League (1) (Replaces the Cup Winners Cup) **
UEFA Super Cup (1)
FIFA Club World Cup (2) (One Replaces Intercontinental Cup)
Total Trophy Cabinet of Yet to be knighted Sir Okezie Onwuegbu:
Premier League(0)
FA Cup(1)
League Cup(0)
Community Shield(0)
UEFA Champions League(0)
UEFA Europa League(2)
UEFA Super Cup(0)
FIFA Club World Cup(0)
I will be updating this post after every single trophy we win. The challenge isn't over until I complete my trophy cabinet.

Last edited:
MID-SEASON UPDATE
It is now the 1st of January and I am looking at some potential targets. But first let's look at the results....
View attachment 502742

Jan 1.png

We are now safely mid-table and in a position to build. The major issue we are having is a lack of input from Neil Maupay. He's only scored two goals in all comps this season and with Aaron Conolly coming through the ranks he needs to improve. I have been sending out my scouts to look for possible targets in this window and it's made easier by the fact that in this save Brexit did NOT go through. I've never seen this happen on an FM save and it's good to know foreign talent will have an easier time with the Work Permits. In other news we were knocked out of the Carabao Cup before I arrived so I'm hoping we could maybe sneak through the FA cup. I know it's very unlikely but I believe it COULD be done. My first transfer of the window has gone through as I've sold Kayal for 2.8 million to RB Salzburg. Glenn Murray is whining about game time so I might have to sell him as well. I'll post another update with a January transfer review, before posting the end of season review.

Attachments

• So far.png
    So far.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 95
NEW SIGNING!
For a price of 750k from Lazio, welcome Ricardo Kishna!

Ricardo Kishna: I'm Thankful to Lazio - The Laziali
I needed depth on the wing and I saw that he was on the transfer list so I snapped him up. His value has already shot up 7.5 Million pounds since signing and he still has room to improve. He can play on both wings so he'll be easing the pressure on our wingers.

JANUARY TRANSFER ROUND-UP
Aside from Ricardo I've made three signings to improve the squad depth.

ARMEL BELLA-KOTCHAP
Bundesliga | Who is Armel Bella-Kotchap, Bochum's NextGen star?

One of the top young centre-backs on this game joins us from Bochum for 5 million pounds! I needed an extra CB who was comfortable on the ball and I am very pleased with this signing.

TAHITH CHONG

Tahith Chong to leave Manchester United for free due to problems ...

A promising Man Utd youngster joins us on loan until the end of the season to provide real competition for places

GUILLEM JAIME

El gol del tarraconense Guillem Jaime al Barça finalista del mejor ...
A former La Masia player, he can play both full back roles. My HoY signed him then immediately loaned him out to Portsmouth, surely one for the future.

T
END OF SEASON 1 UPDATE
Where do I begin? My first season in charge has come to an end. It's been an up and down campaign. I arrived with us in the relegation zone and now, well see for yourself how we did.
end o seas.png

table of the season.png

best ever.png

There it is. We have completed the first here at Brighton. We really struggled at times and after a while I had to tactically re-invent our team. I am now using Knap's 4-3-2-1 Fire and Water tactic. It really improved our general performance and it got Neil Maupay in and amongst the goals after a difficult start to his Brighton career. The board want me to finish mid-table and have thrown 52 million my way to help with that. However they actually also want me to develop the best youth academy in the country. I'm actually not sure how to do that and if anyone knows please let me know. In terms of transfers I'm not sure who to buy as I'm happy with the squad aside from right back. I'll of course be looking at the relegated sides to see if there is anyone I can pick up.
MANAGER'S PLAYER OF THE SEASON: Pascal Gross.
MUST IMPROVE: Alexis McAllister
MOST IMPROVED: Neil Maupay.

TRAN2SFER ROUND-UP
bidness.png
As you can see we signed quite a few notable players but my favourite deal of the window is somehow getting 34.5 million for Lewis Dunk. I haven't even finished my budget as all my signings were financed by Norwich.

angel.png

zeki.png

Diaby.png
With this squad I really feel like we can finish in the top-half and win a domestic cup. Diaby's signing actually made Kishna hand in a transfer request as he felt I replaced him. He was right of course but it was still disrespectful. I actually almost signed Luca Pellegrini instead of Angelino but he wanted to many bonuses and fees in his contract and I opted for Angelino. I hope these signings can guide us into places Brighton have never been

SEASON 2 UPDATE
We have come to the end of my second season at Brighton and I couldn't be more pleased with our performance. Let's see how we did in the league.
season 2.png
A decent mid-table showing in the league but as you can see there is an EC next to our name, and that is because BRIGHTON have won the FA Cup! YES!
FA cup.png

It's been an amazing season and we actually had to make some changes in January. Matthew Ryan went to Arsenal for 16 Million pounds. Yes you heard that right. Although he didn't play in the FA cup final it feels nice to have beat him after he demanded to leave for Champions League football. We signed Plizzari from AC Milan as our replacement Goalie and also signed Karamoko Dembele form Celtic as I think he's a really good young British talent. But now for my final verdict on the season.
endooo.png
Moussa Diaby racked up the awards and I think I have to agree seeing as he scored 13 goals from out wide for a mid-table Brighton team. He's really my best piece of business in the save.
MANAGER'S PLAYER OF THE SEASON: Moussa Diaby
MUST IMPROVE: Aaron Conolly
MOST IMPROVED: Davy Propper

SEASON 3 SUMMER TRANSFER ROUND-UP
seson 3.png
You can see I made quite a few notable signings, such as the acquisition of a strong centre-back in the form of Jerome Onguene to bring solidity in itself to our back line. I'm sorry but I just couldn't resist signing Rooney as a player/ under 18s assistant manager. He's my childhood hero. In other news we sold a fair few first teamers but I replaced all of them. I signed Troy Parrot on loan, partly because I needed a back-up striker, partly because my wonderkid Jeison Blanco couldn't get a work permit. Honestly he's an absolute baller at 19 years old. I sent him back on loan to work towards his work permit because he is an absolute gem.​
Blanco.png

With the added task of Europa league football I wanted to make a few additions and I am pleased with who we ended up signing. I see no reason why we can't get at least a 7th placed finish​

Nice one on the FA Cup win! Blanco looks class.

Your tactics look really interesting, not seen that formation before haha!

SEASON 3 REVIEW
It has been a long and labouring season. We've all worked hard and it's been rewarded with, well see for yourself.
sesoooon 3.png

EUROPA LEAGUE WINNERS!!! We may not have gatecrashed the top 7 but we managed to go through the back door and into the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!! We beat Arsenal 3-1 on penalties to lift the Europa League. We almost won the Carabao Cup but Chelsea were just the better team. Whatever it's not like I wanted to win it. What? No YOU'RE crying. In other news I'm really glad Norwich didn't get European football as Nuno their manager keeps slagging me off to the press. Am I the only person who starts hating real-world people just because of something they did in football manager? I just can't help it.

Looking ahead the board have given me a new 4 year contract and they've upgraded the youth recruitment and facilities as well as the training. They've given me 76 million pounds to spend and they want us to be recognised as the best of the rest within 5 years. I hope to go farther than that tbh. Troy Parrott was our top goalscorer and seeing as Tottenham don't want to negotiate I hope Blanco can come in and replace him.
MANAGER'S PLAYER OF THE SEASON: Troy Parrott
MUST IMPROVE: Steven Alzate
MOST IMPROVED: Karamoko Dembele

Nice one on the FA Cup win! Blanco looks class.

Your tactics look really interesting, not seen that formation before haha!
Thanks I've really started to like the tactic, it was the one Ancelotti used at Milan

Right so I finished the 4th season without remembering to update so I can't show you the league table unfortunately. I'll go over everything in this post and we'll have to just live without the screenshots.
LEAGUE: 5th(Europa League)
CARABAO CUP: Runners Up (Lost 4-0 to Liverpool)
FA CUP: 5th Round(Lost to Everton on penalties)
Champions League: Round of 16(Lost 3-1 on Aggregate to Borussia Dortmund)
TRANSFERS
FAst.png

Segun.png

All in all I'm content with how the season has ended. The board are glad that we are now the, "best of the rest" and I intend to break into the top 4 next season. They've given me a whopping 81 million to continue to build my team and I am very pleased. However, our best defender Jerome Onguene is the object of interest from PSG and he has submitted a transfer request as he wants to play for a bigger club and earn more money. I won't actively try to sell him so he's not going anywhere unless PSG make a REALLY good offer.
PLAYER OF THE SEASON: Sander Berge
MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE SEASON: No one.
MUST IMPROVE: Ben White

SEASON 5 SUMMER TRANSFERS
goot.png

fab.png

richie.png

After Jerome Onguene got his dream move to PSG I needed a new centre-back and in came Richard Jones. I actually signed a Brazilian wonderkid centre-back who has already has two caps for Brazil at 17 but unfortunately he won't be here till January.

Eddie.png

SEASON 5 REVIEW
In January we needed a new striker to provide competition as I switched to a 442. And I only went and signed ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI.

Lewa.png

With that signing coupled with the arrival of our Brazilian center back I was really pleased and hoped for a strong close to the season. Let's see how we did.
allez.png

Despite getting more points than last season we finished 6th, one place lower. But you can see the ECC next to our name and that is because we won our second Europa League!
euro.png

All in all it's been a really good season and the future is looking bright at Brighton. (No pun intended) The board have given me a new contract until 2029 and we will be playing champions league football next year. The board have told me they want us to be title challengers within the next 5 years and I think that is more than doable. One thing I would like to draw attention to though is that Blanco has scored 38 GOALS IN 52 APPEARANCES this season!!! Seriously I am utterly gobsmacked as to how good he's become. He is now drawing interest from the likes of Real Madrid and Liverpool although I won't sell him for less than 120 Million.
PLAYER OF THE SEASON: Jeison Blanco
MOST IMPROVED PLAYER: Zeki Celik
MUST IMPROVE: No one.