Bundesliga-Banner.png

TSV_1860_München.svg.png

Season 7 Preview

Media Prediction 12th

Board Aim: Mid Table

My Aim: Top Half / Euro Cup Run

pred.png

sqad.png

This was a really tough Summer. I spent ages trying to find players to join us on a permanent basis, and also at a good value. This ultimately ended in failure, but also a real success too.

The full-backs that returned to their clubs on loan which seemed there was no hope of having them return to the club, went through a complete U Turn.

Great Deals

Although Bayern weren’t willing to loan their right back Guillon back to us – they were willing to sell the Wonderkid at only 10 million! I was ecstatic at this deal.

Even better was Liverpool 's change of mind to loan their left back. They ended up re-listing him, and immediately I applied for a re-loan which they happily accepted. So the full-back positions were secured.

Other innies include Saka on loan from Arsenal and Millward from Liverpool. Both offensive Inverted Wingers that will walk into our first XI this season. And of course Mandanda is back up top on loan for another year.

Painful Deals

The hardest and frustrating area to improve was in centre-midfield. There was no one really available in the DM slot, nor a cheap replacement for Yeong. Consequently I have had to spend more than I should have done on Akkanyak.

I mean he’s not a bad player, but considering I spent 1.3 million on Yeong compared to 18.25 million here it was painful, but a necessary step.

So financially it wasn’t the best of Transfer Windows, but given how tough this year was appearing to be, the investments made put us on course to reach mine and the board’s targets.

trans.png

akkaynak.png

Bundesliga-Banner.png

TSV_1860_München.svg.png

17 Games In

We had a blistering start to the year – and then a dreadful run of form. We’re currently hovering around the middle of the table now, but at times it looked like we could get sucked into a little struggle.

In part this will be due to European football this year. On a positive note we topped our group which had OM, Kiev and Sporting, so not a walk through of a group at all.

Sako on loan from Arsenal has been quite disappointing so far, was expecting more from him especially now at 23 years old he’s no longer a wandering kid.

But that said, it’s still a compact league table with Europe again there to play for. It would be an excellent achievement at this point to be ablto retain a Europa League spot after having competed in it this year.

Do our squad have the depth for it? It is slightly better than last season, so with a bit of luck we'll sneak in there. It's important we do, because if the club has aspirations to grow it needs to be able to attract and afford better talent.

mid.png
eur group.png

Bundesliga-Banner.png

TSV_1860_München.svg.png

ft.png

Consecutive Years of European Football

It was a very tight run thing in the last five games. We lost our last game, but fortunately the side behind us RBL also lost – which gave us 7th spot and a chance to go through the qualification phase to get into the Euro Cup.

We could have done without the extra fixtures, but by being it in hopefully it will mean a larger pool of players we can attract.

But in this year’s Euro Cup we had a fantastic run, going all the way to the Semi’s until we met the Gunners – who quite literally blew us away over the two legs. Nevertheless to go so far and have a degree of league consistency was very positive.

ec ko.png

Loanees

I tried my luck again to re sign the loan players with us this year. I may have to wait a little longer for Bjarksson the left back. Liverpool again are reluctant at this stage to let him go out. But Mandanda up front will be back next year along with Bayern’s centre back Felix Keller.

It’s great I’m able to keep a degree of stability with most of these guys resigning. Maybe they’ll grow an affinity towards the club too, making the chances of a permanent move more likely.

However with Saka, his contract ran out - and I decided to offer him a contract to join us in the end. He slightly improved in the second half of the season. I just hope he can fulfil his potential - worth the chance on a free.

aKO.png

New Stadium Almost Completed!!!

By the time the Summer ends we’ll be able to move into our brand new stadium! Just under 23,000 capacity, this will be a very welcome boost to the club and the receipts we’ll generate each home week.

Maybe in time we’ll be able to pinch a few Bayern fans over to our side – a while before that happens though I think!

Finances are looking good after all our prize money generated this season. With over 50 million in the bank and the new stadium built, we should hopefully have a larger wage budget and transfer spend this Summer.

finances.png

Bundesliga-Banner.png

TSV_1860_München.svg.png

Season 8 Preview

Media Prediction 8th

Board Aim: Top Half

My Aim: Europe

squad.png

pred.png

A Spinal Readjustment

Another year of much wheeling and dealing. Going with the same approach, I’ve loaned a lot of players – and even more so this year.

I’ve tried to get rid of a lot of dead wood whilst investing in key areas that I feel were needed to progress to the next level.

The spine of the side was okay and got us to a European standard of football. But we’ve never quite had a Keeper of a higher quality, and that can be said the same for a DMC.

So in comes Miles Svilar and Ascacibar. Probably quite familiar names. They should do a solid job in their respective GK and DM positions, and they’re a definite upgrade to last year.

Another addition is the youthfulness of Kijewski. At only 21 years of age, I'm hoping he'll develop in his time at the club and will bring some enthusiasm off the bench.

svilar.png

ascac.png

kijewski.png

Lack of Depth

On the flip side, the quality outside the first XI and bench is extremely weak. So if we suffer a few injuries, it’s going to be a struggle.

With all the Euro qualifiers and the huge potential number of games we could play this year, it could come crashing down on us. So going out a cup at an early stage might actually be a good thing.

trans.png

squad.png

Bundesliga-Banner.png

TSV_1860_München.svg.png

Season 8 Review

Fifth Spot + History Made

I was quite eager to keep it going this year :)

We ended up achieving our highest finish in the Bundesliga this season. A bit of an erratic start to the year, but when everything settled down and the players getting used to each other our form started to stabilise, which included an 8 game unbeaten run all the way to the end of the league season.

Defensive Improvement

However there is still a real significant gap between 5th and the first Champions League spot in fourth. It's going to be a real tough task to bridge the gap. That said, the investments at DMC and in goal clearly made a difference in our defensive record. Just the 24 conceded, second best in the league.

But I’m also wondering whether we need to start to try and play a more expansive game. But to do with I’m going to need the personnel at the club, and available for purchase in the market at a reasonable price.

This could be a slow process, but I am open to changing the way we play going forward. Bayern still relentless, winning every title since I have been at Die Lowen.

ft.png

Euro Cup

eur tree.png

One might argue why change a winning way – because the more defensive structure has finally delivered the cup success in the Euros!

It may not have been the most challenging of year’s this year in the competition. Our run in the knockouts included Rangers, Qarabag, and Atalanta. Scraping through the Semi’s with just a single goal separating the two sides over both legs left us with Leicester City in the final.

In a game in which they bossed possession, it was very much patient offence vs our counter attack.

Brilliance the Difference

With that said, it was a bit of brilliance from our right back wonderkid Guillon who found our Liverpool loanee Millward with a delightfully weighted / lofted ball into the box. And then more individual brilliance allowed the Englishman to get his shot off away from close range which beat the Leicester Keeper.

This was enough to seal my first trophy at the club, a Euro Cup success which has brought us Champions League football for next season! - And the club's first every European trophy in their history, adding to Bundesliga and DFL Pokal wins, leaving the ECL the last major trophy left to muster.

eur fin.png

Here's the difference makers in our history EURO Cup Triumph:

Bundesliga-Banner.png

TSV_1860_München.svg.png

Season 9 Preview

Media Prediction 7th

Board Aim: Euro Cup Qualification

pred.png

Heavy Summer Activity

It’s been a really really busy Summer. I mentioned the idea of changing our system to be a little more offensive, also being dependant on players available on the transfer market.

Well there were a lot of quality AMCs about. I ended up spending just over 20 million on two of them, with the other on a free transfer.

That prompted me to part ways who Ascabar who was only with us last season but helped us achieve so much. But with him ageing and these playmakers a lot younger it seemed to be the move to make longer term.

So from an attacking perspective, things went great. We also signed a striker permanently as unfortunately our loanee Mandanda went to rivals RBL on a free. So I had no choice but to splash the cash.

But in comes Nsi. At 22 years of age and already 28 Belgian caps to his name he’s experienced for his years. He’s also another beast up front! Jumping 18 @ 190 cm but also has pace to him. He’s like a Didier Drogba, but without the bravery and the strength.

So he’s not target man material, but his attributes will make him a dangerous striker when on the counter and if good quality delivery comes into the box. His finishing and composure though could be improved upon.

squad.png

duran.png

bracke.png

nsi.png

4231 the plan

I have therefore decided to go with a 4231 formation. We aren’t perfectly suited to this yet, but I believe we can make some headway using it this year.

Strengthening our midfield is a 36 year old Kante. About to retire, but given the youth of our side and his attributes are still very good across the board he has a part to play. We need a strong midfield in this system and he fits the bill.

Bart Bracke at only 17 years old is a natural BBM and really one for the future, but already very skilful for one so young. I’m hoping to develop him off from the bench this year.

tacs.png

Defensive Frailties & Depth

A great emphasis was trying to bring in players to suit the 4231. We have spent bucket loads from last year’s success, but unfortunately not able to really bring the best in the business at the back.

It is also a backline that can play a high line, but not at all convincingly centrally. So against teams with pace to burn and play on the counter, they will cause us problems this year.

I am hoping though a decent year again will allow us to try and further fix this problem along with better depth.

That is where we will also suffer this year, notably in both the defensive and winger positions. We do have a weak bench on these respects, so consistency to challenge for top 4 won’t be there this year.

So it’s another year of adapting and hoping we can make European competition again, and establish ourselves as regular contenders for these positions.

transfers.png

Attachments

• duran.png
    duran.png
    532 KB · Views: 50
Bundesliga-Banner.png

TSV_1860_München.svg.png

17 Games In

A Little Progress

At the league half way-point we're already looking good to secure European football bar a catastrophic second half of the year. We have a 10 point buffer to 8th spot, so really pleased with that.

The new squad and system in play have adapted quickly and well. Everyone seems to be performing pretty well with the average ratings all above the 7 mark except the keepers.

Nsi Bangin em in

Nsi and Millward have been our real goal getters so far, scoring 20 and 12 respectively in all competitions. Duran is assisting from the Advanced Playmaker spot with 6 assists, and our wonder kid right back Guillon has chipped in well with 5 too.

Apart from our right back who probably stands out as the class act of the team, we don't really have anyone else at that top level. So to be in a Champions League spot at this stage is excellent, but whether we can continue our form for the rest of the year won't be easy with many games and both cup competitions still to play for.

Euro Cup? Game Bug!

Oh and yeah - we were supposed to play in the ECL after winning the Europa League, however the game chose to not let us compete in the competition - can't say I was very happy with that, especially with the financial implications that will bring us.

But we topped the group - be funny if we "retained the Euro Cup"!

17.png

eur grp.png

Bundesliga-Banner.png

TSV_1860_München.svg.png

Best Season Yet

Top 4 and Euro Cup Retained

Very pleasing progress for the club this year. We have broken into the top four for the first time. We have retained the Euro Cup without being kicked out the Champions league – which is a feat no other club will ever achieve!

It was much needed, as the amount spent this year was absolutely crazy. Undoubtedly it will take a little while to recover before we can start to spend vast sums of this magnitude again.

But I feel it was needed to try and make this next level and that we have done successfully.

However our budget is only at a mere 18 million for this coming season. I don’t know how many players we’ll be able to renew loans on. But the likelihood is if they eventually remain at their clubs, any purchases will need to be value for money buys, ideally looking to younger players with potential if possible.

ft.png

Euro Cup – 1860 Munchen 4 vs Lyon 1

And to our success in Europe for the second year. It actually started off badly for us, not in the way we were playing but we got sucker punched and Lyon took the lead.

But credit to the lads, they kept plugging away and our quality told not just once, but on four occasions to breach their back-line.

We fully deserved the win, always looking the more dangerous are here is the action from the final:

eur final.png

Bundesliga-Banner.png

TSV_1860_München.svg.png

Season 10 Preview

Media Prediction 7th

Board Aim: Euro Cup Qualification

squad.png

pred.png

There’s a reason why both the board and I are on par with our objectives. The squad has lost some of the loan players and also Kante who has retired.

Funds were small in trying to replace these players with a quality on par with these guys. So we have had to bring in players that aren’t quite as good as them, but with the potential to definitely be on par with them in the future.

Where the Money went

3 major signings made this Summer. Hernandez a young Mexican comes it at centre-back. Beuker is Kante’s replacement although likely to be on the bench this season, and is at 22 years of age. And Sosa who comes in at left back, the experienced head at 30.

It probably wasn’t a bad thing getting in Sosa. We lost our experienced head on the pitch in Kante, and so we did need someone. He’s also a very composed player bringing at element of calm, which is a great attribute both in game but to also help players around him.

We also got a young keeper on the free. A degree of potential and came from our City rivals Bayern, Goss at 21 will be our sub-keeper as long term servant Bredlow decided to leave the club.

trans.png

javier.png

beuker.png

sosa.png

Champions League Debut

It’s our debut year in the competition, and although we might be huge underdogs to make any progress there’s no harm in aiming high.

If we can make it into the group stages and somehow scrape it into the 1st round knockouts it would be a brilliant achievement – but we’ll need a nice group for this to happen for sure.

Realistically, I’d take a 3rd place in the group and play in the Euro Cup for a third season in a row.

But it will nice to finally be able to dream listening to the famous ECL tune before an 1860 Munchen ECL final!!:

Attachments

• pred.png
    pred.png
    436.6 KB · Views: 53
Bundesliga-Banner.png

TSV_1860_München.svg.png

1H.png

On The Verge...

After 17 games we were plain sailing the league. A 10 points gap and playing some superb football on the park it looks like I underestimated the impact my signings would have. Despite only playing together since the Summer some of the guys everyone has settled quickly.

And it wasn't just in the league. Beating Real Madrid 3-0 in the ECL was a highlight along with topping the group ahead of them and Roma who finished in 3rd. Unfortunately for our hard work we drew Athletico Madrid - the perfect antidote for the offensive 4231, and it proved our undoing going out 6-4 on aggregate. Nevertheless it was a great run more than I expected to achieve.

The DFL Pokal has seen us have a good run for once in the competition - until we met Dortmund in the Semi's. It is the furthest we have got in the competition, so two thumbs up for our runs in the cup.

ECL GP.png

The Bundesliga - from +10 points to -1....and now +2

And then with all the cup distraction, Schalke somehow overturned that huge points deficit and went above us by 1 point. But in the previous game week before the final five games have come around, they lost away to Hamburg whilst we brought home a tight win vs Bayer @ home.

The title race is now very nicely poised, but at this point in the season it is now anyone's for the taking. Can we hold our nerve in the final games? We don't have a bad run-in so I'm hoping we can walk the final path to the glory of Die Lowen, a first league title triumph since the 1965/66 season being the only title in the club's history.

5G.png

Bundesliga-Banner.png

TSV_1860_München.svg.png

1860 Munchen – Bundesliga Champions 2028/2029!

The trophy is finally ours! Many years of building up to this moment, we passed the finishing line with relative ease in the end with the way the results panned out.

We were able to bring back a 6 point buffer at one point, with us ahead of second place by 4 points in the end.

Although an attacking game we play, surprisingly we had the best defence in the league with quite mediocre centre-backs in all honesty and simply a safe, but not outstanding goalkeeper.

Nsi was the main man, scoring 35 goals in 47 goals in all competitions this year. Svilar in goal kept 20 shut outs being the best in the division, and every player of the first side bar the keeper averaged over 7. It was a great squad effort.

ft.png

ps.png

Kicking On

Millward unfortunately on loan from Liverpool looks like he’ll be heading back there permanently. A really key player for us both with his goals and assists will be missed heavily – unless we’re able to try and purchase him or Liverpool decide to play him back on the loan list.

To continue to improve, we’ll need to replace him and work on re-improving that defensive spine again.

However well they performed, in the cup games we leaked 4 goals vs Athletico and also Dortmund both games we got knocked out in. So there is a definite improvement required there in one off big games. We weren’t the most convincing in those in the league either.

And if there’s a top class goalkeeper about that can be an enhancement on Svilar that opportunity must be taken.

Stadium Capacity becoming an Issue

The biggest problem though now is with players renewing contracts, they want that much more in wages – and being stuck in our 22.5k ish capacity sized stadium which is the lowest in the league, is becoming a real hindrance.

Unfortunately I can’t really see there being a solution unless we get taken over. The day to day running costs are just too much, and a bad season could cause some financial difficulties, to then be forced to regress as a club.

Nevertheless, I’ll do what I can to try and maintain our competitiveness going into next season. Once you taste success, you just keep wanting more…

Well I must congratulate the squad, but especially our outfield 10 whom all averaged 7+.

Here's our key first XI that brought us the title:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

The first year you won the Euro Cup II and not the stronger Euro Cup. That is why you did not get a CL spot the following season.

I noticed the Euro Cup II, never actually seen that before!
Just caught up on this whole thread, what a read and congrats on your success.
I am very inspired! I hope you can continue your good work and progress further!

Reactions: BJT
I noticed the Euro Cup II, never actually seen that before!
Just caught up on this whole thread, what a read and congrats on your success.
I am very inspired! I hope you can continue your good work and progress further!
Thanks mate, yeah me neither! a decade or so has flown by, although not a lot of progression in the infrastructure at the club sadly. Maybe there are only so many Munich fans about...need to convert the Bayern one's somehow =)