FM21: Frustration and Rage Thread

iamauser

Staff member
Reaction score
So FM21 getting to you? Missing lots of one on ones? Missed out on being crowned by goal difference? Tears of salt?

You're probably not the only one... join the others here in the rage and salty mines. Just be respectful to each other and don't insult one another.

Now in time honoured tradition, let the heavens open and the salty rain pour down from above.

Nearly all the current FM21 Beta bugs. Especially ones with UI related

Goalkeepers are worse than ever! Rebound after rebound straight to opposition. Letting attacker just walk in to score near post as the "improved" keeper is on his knees waving his arms.

wuVPC3I.png

Is this legal?!

I mean couldn't they think of a better reason?:unsure:
Quite self-critical of them

Going into Season 4, having finished 5th, 2nd and 2nd in the PL with a CL Semi-Final as well... and the suggestion that we might 'aim to qualify for the Euro Cup' is enough to anger my entire squad, some of them to the point of being 'offended' by the suggestion. So much for improved interaction.

Going into Season 4, having finished 5th, 2nd and 2nd in the PL with a CL Semi-Final as well... and the suggestion that we might 'aim to qualify for the Euro Cup' is enough to anger my entire squad, some of them to the point of being 'offended' by the suggestion. So much for improved interaction.
With 'Euro Cup', do you mean the UEFA Europa League?

Then your squad is right to be angry lol, giving your previous seasons' results. Why the **** would you want to aim for a lower final spot on the table?

With 'Euro Cup', do you mean the UEFA Europa League?

Then your squad is right to be angry lol, giving your previous seasons' results. Why the **** would you want to aim for a lower final spot on the table?

I can see how I wasn't clear. My squad's anger was because they thought that I was being too ambitious and unrealistic.

Which, funnily enough, is why the **** I always have to 'aim for a lower final spot' in my pre-season team meetings now as doing otherwise has a negative effect on morale.

People ask "what is xG"?

Well, it's a new stat that shows when the game really sticks it to you! ?

i manage AC milan and i keep coming up against 523 or 523 formations that i struggle against big time. Frustrating my current tactics do not work and im juggling between different formations. any help to combat this tactic?
Also some striker finishing is weak and timid attempts during gameplay so i dont entirely believe the match engine has improved

ill have 20 shots mix of shots. 11 on target yet my xG is low!

Whenever I send a player from the B team to the senior squad, as soon as i click something else like inbox or continue, he goes automatically back to the b team. super annoying. How do I fix this?

And what about players getting injured while you are resting them by not playing and and reducing their training intensity.
Sometimes it looks like i have a team full of A Diaby.
Frustrating to say the list.

Whenever I send a player from the B team to the senior squad, as soon as i click something else like inbox or continue, he goes automatically back to the b team. super annoying. How do I fix this?
I’m having this same problem with Bayern in the bundesliga, I have no idea how to fix it straight away but I did notice that in season 1 with a different player that eventually he did stay in the 1st team. Might just be a patience thing. To avoid having to keep moving him back into the 1st team over and over again it’s best to keep the player in the starting 11 or as one of the 12 subs

When playing in the PRM we do not play home and away against all clubs. Some we play against two times at home and some two times away!

Attachments

• fixtues fm21.jpg
    fixtues fm21.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 200
I think i am finished with this game for the year.

Going with maribor, second season, 100% home record in the league since the start of the save, qualified to the knockout stages of euro cup, then comes home game against Olimpija (fierce rival):Maribor: 1- Olimpija: 5, xg: 2,86-0.44. Olimpia scored 5 (FIVE, no typo) long range free kick goals, 3 of them more than 20 yards, with a guy of a free kick taking of 12, composure of 10, long shots 12 and (icing on the cake) doesn't like big matches.

I could take a draw, i could take if they score two of them and I lose 2-1, I can take if they xg us out and I lose 5-1 because of overconfidence (altough i always try to manage it in every way the game allows), or if a guys scores like 3 with 15+ of the relevant attributes loving big matches. I know upsets happen, that makes football what it is, and I think mostly they are simulated kind of (eh, kind of...) realistically in the game (the match engine sometimes portrays them in a very frustrating way, but after some analysis things usually look more or less reasonable).

But when this kind of completely unrealistic, hard-coded-looking **** happens, then the game loses all the immersion, I can't move on like okay this happens, because this simply doesn't happen, I kind of get knocked out of the whole thing and lose all the interest in continuing, just feel much more outraged than i would like to at any situation, especially during playing a supposedly fun game in my free time.

The sad thing is that since fm 2015 I never really enjoyed new versions of the game, felt like there is no real development, just lazy features and 10 year old bugs and flaws, sometimes giving a beta-like experienceplaying the the full game. I completely abandoned FM20 after a month (the match engine made most of the clashes look like a set piece contest, no through balls, no finishing no spacial awareness), this year I had problems (overcompensating for fm20 with really overpowering direct creative attacking play, even remotely pacy AFs playing in godmode scoring 3 times more of their XG every season, keepers and NCBs giving Pirlo-style through balls, dumb CMs moving off the ball like Iniesta, scoring 15 corners and 20 free kicks in a season etc.), but I kind of felt that maybe this can be the one that makes me play it with the enthusiasm I played it from 2008 to 2015. Up until this point. I guess I will come back in November hoping for a change, like every year.

Man Utd here. about... 5 games agaisnt liverpool. They scored 5 agaisnt me in 4 out of 5.
****** thing is that it's probably the only team that does that. Won EPL and Fa cup... got trashed in the little cup, got trashed in one game of the Champuons League and got trashed 1 or two times in the EPL.

How do I stop this fuckikng team? This is ******* outrageous!

What the he*ll is this schedule xD

EDIT: it was because of the qatar world cup

Attachments

• sched.PNG
    sched.PNG
    372.3 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Addressing the squad after a bad run of form is pointless. I always manage to make the wrong decision and pick the wrong thing to say, causing them to be more ****** off.

Send the AssMan to a post-game press and he says "he's is open for dicussions" on our star player we're desperately trying keep hold. Motherf*****! :mad:

There needs to be an option on what he is allowed to say so that I dont have attend every press conference.

So FM21 getting to you? Missing lots of one on ones? Missed out on being crowned by goal difference? Tears of salt?

You're probably not the only one... join the others here in the rage and salty mines. Just be respectful to each other and don't insult one another.

Now in time honoured tradition, let the heavens open and the salty rain pour down from above.

The biggest source of anger for me - and sometimes this has worked in my favour - are 'goals out of nowhere'. On previous FM games there is usually a build up to a goal, and then the flashing ticker to show that a goal's been scored. On FM21 goals can just 'happen', one second they're not there, the next there's a change in score line without any fanfare or warning. I've benefited a couple of times, but usually it benefits the opposition, which has cost me quite a few points.