(FM22) - Achieving Everything - Leicester City

LutterworthFox

Premium
Reaction score
Well hello there, this is the first time I've done a proper series on FM Base for a very long time. My writing journey started on here way back in 2014 before I branched off to blogging, that's where I have stayed since but now I feel the need to try forum writing once again, just to try something different.

Those who know me know I love mental, long winded, quick playing saves and this one is no different but whereas I normally do journeyman saves this one will be solely at one club.

1645826913913.png

I am a massive Leicester City fan, I've been a season ticket holder since 1992, I've seen up's, down's, playoff wins, defeats, bankruptcy, relegation to League One before rising all the way back up and winning the Premier league in 2015. We also won our first ever FA Cup last season with a Youri Tielemens stunner! It's been an amazing time over the past few years but in the past few months the club has stalled, we are struggling for cash due to the pandemic and performances on the pitch, hampered by injuries means the club are languishing in the bottom half of the Premier League.

So now it's time for me to take the reigns and hopefully push the club back towards the top, breach that top 4 once again and try and build some kind of legacy but.....

As ever with my saves there's a little twist and to do that I am bringing back an old favourite of mine....the Achievement Hunter.

This is something I started on FM18 and did it once again on FM19. I hate the Steam Achievements, I mean who really cares if you publish a highlights video on YouTube or download something off the workshop?! No, me neither!

So I created my own then and I have done exactly the same now, this one is based solely for me staying at Leicester for the whole save, there are 100 achievements to complete, some easy, some hard and some downright impossible!

1645827037333.png
1645827042902.png
1645827048004.png

A lot to do, a lot to achieve, this means the save is going to a long one, one where I need to start winning things quickly and continue that through until I tick off every achievement in front of me!

So wish me luck! I hope everyone follows along end enjoys.

Updates will probably take the form of:

1) Pre-Season Update
2) Mid-Season Update up to December
3) Winter Window Update
4) End of Season Review

Obviously if anything interesting happens then you will hear about it here first. This should be fun, I haven't managed Leicester properly for a very long time and never when I've actually written about it!

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Steve/LutterworthFox

Reserved for history, achievements and career

1649409887446.png

1649409908856.png

1649409924657.png

1649409847955.png

Number of Achievements Gained 20/100

Last edited:
I absolutely love these kind of saves, and as you are a fan of the club in real life, it's going to be even more personal for you!

Can't wait for you to get started and update us!

Initial Assessment - Club Overview, Squad Review and Tactic

So here we are, day one at the club and after a look about I now have a general plan moving forward. Clearly I know this squad quite well being an LCFC fan but I want to take you through a little look at the club and the squad and my plans for this first season.

The Club - Vision, Facilities and Ground
ground.jpg

The current ground, The King Power Stadium hold just over 32,000 spectators, it's currently going through proposals to increase the capacity to 40,000 but this hasn't been implemented into the game yet.
facs.png

The facilities overall aren't bad. Training and Youth are state of the art after the club opened their new multimillion pound facility early this season. What does need improving is the Academy Coaching and Youth Recruitment. We are an area of the UK with numerous clubs vying for the same players, we need to be the first club those lads think about before the likes of Villa, Forest and Derby to name a few.

vision.png

There isn't much to talk about vision wise, there actually is a stadium expansion included in the 5-year plan which is nice. There are no required parts for the club culture but I am more than happy to play attacking, entertaining football and try and develop the youth players.

The 5-year plan on the pitch is relatively easy, we have ended 5th the last 2 seasons so qualifying for the Europa League and then becoming the "best of the rest" should be an achievable aim.

The Squad
squad.png

Most people who follow English football will see a raft of well known names in this squad. The main XI is pretty decent and we have some good young talent emerging as well. We do however have a lot of deadwood, some of those players have only just been signed but will need to be moved on to save wages and raise funds. The likes of Amartey, Mendy, Vestergaard and Bertrand won't be featuring much and if I can move them on that would be good news.

Key Man - Jamie Vardy
Yes here he is, the man, the myth, the absolute legend that is Jamie Vardy. Our most influential player of the past 6 or so seasons and even at 34 he is still a key man for this side. The big question is, will he start to decline now is pushing mid-30's?!
vardy.png

Key Man - Youri Tielemens
At the other end of the age spectrum is all round nice guy and star midfielder Youri Tielemens. In the saves I've played before this Youri always moved on quite quickly, usually for big big money. In real life he wants to leave and is out of contract at the end of next season. I may have cash in on him if he won't sign that deal.
youri.png

Key Man - Wesley Fofana
This lad is one of the future stars of not only this club but football in general. At 20 he has so many years ahead of him and he looks absolutely incredible on FM. Luckily for me his long term injury which has kept him out of the 21/22 season in real life isn't in the game so I will have him available right from the off.
fofana.png

Key Man - Harvey Barnes
Another young player massively improving in real life and he seems to have been given a decent improvement in the Winter patch. He can play on either wing and also up front if I'm struggling. He offers pace, dribbling and unpredictability, he should be a huge player moving forward.
barnes.png

In my saves I always like to jot my squad down in a little squad builder spreadsheet, it gives me a good idea on gaps in the playing side and also how much depth I have.
BUILDER.png

As you can see we have really good depth all over but like I said before some of those backup players probably aren't up to scratch.

I have also included my best youth XI in there as well to give you an idea of what I have in my locker for the years ahead. Some of those players look decent and are highly rated.

Future Star - Will Alves - Attacking Midfield
One of the rising stars in the Leicester youth team. He is highly rated in FM as well but does need some serious work, especially in his mental attributes. Game time is also needed as well so he will be loaned out at the earliest opportunity.

alves.png

Future Star - Sammy Braybrooke - Central Midfield
Another really talented midfielder in the youth ranks. Mentally he is much better than Will Alves but again needs work in certain areas, mainly his technical attributes if he is to get a place in the first team squad.

braybrook.png

Future Star - Daniel Iversen - Goalkeeper
OK so he is 23 so not exactly a kid but this lad is being touted as Schmeichel's long term replacement. Current on loan at Preston and doing pretty well in real life he is one I will be looking to bring into the first team when his loan ends

iversen.png

That is just a snippet of what I have at my disposal in the youth teams, there are many more I could talk about but I'll go into it more as and when they move up.
u23s.png

The Tactic
I won't go too much into my tactical plans because I'm just not good at explaining myself and it will probably change but here goes!

tactic.png

It's a pretty basic 41221 that I am going to go with, this formation is what Brendan has been using in real life lately but with Maddison usually employed in behind the Striker.

For this though Maddison will play a bit deeper but as an Advanced Playmaker on attack which means he should venture forward enough. Other than that it's what you would expect. We have good attacking full backs and decent wide men who like to cut inside hopefully supplying Mr Vardy with numerous opportunities to score/

Instruction wise I haven't pinned it down yet but I will be starting with the base Gegenpress instructions, I like play attacking football, a high line and a high press so that's what I hope to do. Obviously when we play the likes of Man City, Liverpool, etc I will need to possibly play a little more cautious.

The Finances

And finally just a bit on the money. In real life the pandemic has had a big effect on the King Power money and in FM it's looking tight as well.
finances.png

There's £17m in the bank but it is expected to drop pretty quickly throughout the season. I do want to try and stem the losses in some way, that's going to be done with a big money sale or trying to trim the wages down as and where I can.

projection.png

As you can see from the projections there is a lot of red over the next few seasons! That is quite scary but hopefully if we have a good run in Europe and end near the top 6 in the League we should get a bit more coming in than what is expected.

That's all for now, the next update will probably be at the end of August when the window shuts, I don't plan on any signings but I do plan to sell a few players. Maybe a player will come in if something too good to say no to comes up!

2021/22 Season - August

Safe to say the season did not get off to a great start!! We opened with the Community Shield against Manchester City and to say it went badly would be an understatement!

1645990385819.png

Absolutely destroyed! We had our chances at 1-0, Maddison hit the post and Fofana missed a header from a corner but overall we were nowhere near good enough.

In the league however it's started pretty well results wise, performances not so much but it's the points that matter.

1645991319737.png

7 points from our opening 3 games including a solid 0-0 away to Arsenal, both wins were settled by late goals, we didn't play well but scored when it mattered.

We end the month in 5th place with Brentford the surprise early leaders!

1645991468427.png

Player wise we now have most players back fit, James Justin is still out for another month or 2, the big news is Jamie Vardy picked up an injury after the Palace game and is out for 6-7 weeks.

We've also had the Europa League draw and we have a pretty tough group in my opinion.

1645991386079.png

Some tough ties ahead for the lads but I have faith we can qualify for the next round.

Finally, the transfer window has slammed shut and as expected it's been very quiet at our end. Mendy has left the club to join Shakhtar for £7.25m in the only out from the first team. A few lads have gone out on loan but nothing more.

Well hello there, this is the first time I've done a proper series on FM Base for a very long time. My writing journey started on here way back in 2014 before I branched off to blogging, that's where I have stayed since but now I feel the need to try forum writing once again, just to try something different.

Those who know me know I love mental, long winded, quick playing saves and this one is no different but whereas I normally do journeyman saves this one will be solely at one club.

View attachment 581934

I am a massive Leicester City fan, I've been a season ticket holder since 1992, I've seen up's, down's, playoff wins, defeats, bankruptcy, relegation to League One before rising all the way back up and winning the Premier league in 2015. We also won our first ever FA Cup last season with a Youri Tielemens stunner! It's been an amazing time over the past few years but in the past few months the club has stalled, we are struggling for cash due to the pandemic and performances on the pitch, hampered by injuries means the club are languishing in the bottom half of the Premier League.

So now it's time for me to take the reigns and hopefully push the club back towards the top, breach that top 4 once again and try and build some kind of legacy but.....

As ever with my saves there's a little twist and to do that I am bringing back an old favourite of mine....the Achievement Hunter.

This is something I started on FM18 and did it once again on FM19. I hate the Steam Achievements, I mean who really cares if you publish a highlights video on YouTube or download something off the workshop?! No, me neither!

So I created my own then and I have done exactly the same now, this one is based solely for me staying at Leicester for the whole save, there are 100 achievements to complete, some easy, some hard and some downright impossible!

View attachment 581937View attachment 581938View attachment 581939

A lot to do, a lot to achieve, this means the save is going to a long one, one where I need to start winning things quickly and continue that through until I tick off every achievement in front of me!

So wish me luck! I hope everyone follows along end enjoys.

Updates will probably take the form of:

1) Pre-Season Update
2) Mid-Season Update up to December
3) Winter Window Update
4) End of Season Review

Obviously if anything interesting happens then you will hear about it here first. This should be fun, I haven't managed Leicester properly for a very long time and never when I've actually written about it!

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Steve/LutterworthFox
I went back and read the first achievement Hunter which has inspired my current save and I can’t wait to see how you get on with this one. The updated achievements list you have also means I have more to incorporate into my own challenge. Can’t wait to see the progress.

I never usually do a save with Liverpool because it gets too boring. This challenge/premise actually tempts me into starting one with achievements to target

A very small update and a little moan. Looks like the club vision has been screwed in the new update

6 games into the League season, we are currently 4th with 13 points but apparently the board think I've failed one of the club visions of becoming the best of rest. This is an end of season target but apparently I've already failed it. Let's hope it doesn't cause an issue moving forward

1646075638798.png

2021/22 Season - September to December

So far, so good! Even though the board seem to think I'm failing in my quest to the be the best of the rest (good bit of rhyming there) I actually think we are doing absolutely brilliant, especially with the sheer number of games we are having to play. Injuries galore alongside serious fitness issues means I have had to rotate a lot more than expected but as you will see, so far, results have been solid, especially in December where form really picked up with some cracking results.

1646084407689.png

Really pleased with that, yeah there's been a couple of dodgy results, 1-0 defeat to Brentford and West Ham early on were really poor but once Vardy came back we have been really good. December was amazingly good with hammerings of Villa, Brighton and also Barnsley in the League Cup the main highlights.

That Barnsley win means we are into the Semi's of the cup where we will face Liverpool over 2 legs.

1646084733489.png

In the Europa League we have also done well, I mixed the team around a bit because of those pesky fitness issues but we managed to win 4 of our 6 group games including that final game win over Rapid Wien to top the group, sending us straight into the last 16.

1646084578977.png

But it's in the League were things have been most pleasing, we've lost a few but overall it's been really really good and after 19 games we sit in the 5th place with a game in-hand on everyone around us.

1646084644830.png

Superb! We are well in with a shout of the top 6 and maybe even a shot at the Champions League spots, we need to keep up this good form though as those below us will continue to pick up points.

Performance wise there is only one man to speak about and that's the legend that is James Maddison, this lad is something else, playing a B2B midfielder he has been banging the goals in!

1646084803795.png

11 in 21 starts with 5 assists, this lad is lethal!

Now for some squad news and it's not looking great, especially in defence!

So I decided to let Vestergaard go, the lad moaned like a little b*tch for not playing and with Evans, Fofana, Soyuncu and Amartey ahead of him in the pecking order I decided to let him go, he leaves for £11.25m to Wolves.

Then 3 days after the deal was completed Johnny Evans got injured and will be out for 4-5 months, not good! Then even worse news, Amartey, Ndidi and Iheanacho got called up for the African Nations! So for January and a lot of February I will be having to run with 2 fit central defenders!

Now Vestergaard has gone and with sale of Mendy in August it means I have 2 spare slots in my 25-man squad so I will be looking to add a couple of new faces. We really need to bring in a new Winger, Barnes has done OK but other than that no one has been great, Perez has been woeful, Albrighton has been injured most of the time and Lookman has been massively inconsistent. I have £26m to spend and I plan to use it for a new wide man.

I may also decide to loan in another defender just to add some depth with the players we have missing.

We've also had the annual youth intake preview and it looks half decent.

1646084105005.png

Obviously this means nothing until it actually comes through properly in March.

So it's been a decent season so far, a top 6 spot is looking increasingly likely but we need to continue to improve and try and slow down the injuries and fitness issues.

My next update will be at the end of January IF there is any transfer news to speak of.

Last edited:
2021/22 Season - January

The Winter window has slammed shut and I have actually done a couple of pieces of business!

I said in the previous update I wanted a new wide man as we lacked any kind of depth and I have spent all my transfer money on one man!

1646167430509.png

In comes Ricardo Horta for £25.5m from Braga. A big deal, a high wage but he looks top quality and his numbers in Portugal this season are pretty good. He's played 30 games and got 11 assists, that's more than any Leicester player. He is also miles better than the likes of Lookman and Perez.

I also brought myself a new defender in on loan, this was needed after losing Evans for the majority of the rest of the season.

1646167551952.png

Josip Stanisic comes in on a season loan from Bayern, I'm paying £10k per month and £13k p/wk in wages so not a large outlay. He is just there to add a bit of depth and his versatility is going to help as he can play all along the back line.

There's also been a couple of out's and a few players who have been sent out on loan.

1646168874863.png

I'd already mentioned the sale of Vestergaard, I also let 3rd choice keeper Jakupovic leave and Left Back Bertrand has gone on loan to Rangers, he has been really poor and was way down the pecking order.

A few youth players have also gone out on loan to get some first team football.

Now to the results and it's been OK but we seem to have found our nemesis!

1646168953273.png

7 games, 3 of them against Liverpool and we lost all 3! They beat us comfortably in the League and also knocked us out over the 2-legged League Cup semi final.

In the League we have been decent with 7 points from our 4 games including a solid 0-0 against Man United, we have been really struggling with fitness and injuries. Vardy is out again for 3 months and with Ndidi, Iheanacho and Amartey on African Nations duty we are really thin on the ground!

We have also progressed in the FA Cup with a good win over Oxford, we have another winnable tie in Round 4 where we face Cheltenham at home.

1646169077623.png

Still well on for a top 6 finish although teams are closing in on us. We really need those players back from the African Nations!

Mini Update - Europa League Draw

So we won our group, missed the playoff round for the knockouts and were seeded for the draw, surely we must get a nice easy draw, right??

1646218149872.png

Nope! Barcelona!!!!!! Suppose it could've been worse, we could've drew Dortmund!

2021/22 Season - February/March/Youth Intake & a major Cup Shocks!

What a few months it's been!!! Let's firstly start with Europe.

Barcelona were our opponents in the Last 16, a tough tie but somehow we performed a miracle!

The first leg at the Nou Camp was a toughie, Barca dominated but somehow, just after the second half kicked off we took the lead!!!! Barca came at us and we ended up throwing the lead away in the final 5 minutes. Still a 1-1 draw away is a great result.

1646298275853.png

Into the second leg and somehow we pulled off one of the biggest shocks. We were massively struggling with injuries and fitness issues. Evans and Vardy out, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Dewsbury-Hall all not fit enough to start. At half time it was 0-0 and we weren't playing great, I decided to bring off Barnes as he was shattered and bring on Lookman who has been poor all season. What happened next will live long in the memories!

1646298302149.png

A 2-0 win, both goals from Lookman, this lad has just put himself into Leicester City folklore!!!! What a win!

Now for another cup shock and that came in the FA Cup, unfortunately though we were on the end of this one.

1646298536450.png

An awful result, a terrible performance and we were dumped out!

Now to the League and results have been very patchy!

1646298581072.png

2 wins, 3 draws and a defeat in our 6 games, only 9 points, we have really struggled with the sheer amount of games with both the Europa League and FA Cup going on. The team needed mixing around bit and it did not work.

The Villa game was the worst, I gave Will Alves his first ever League start for the club and he got sent off within 15 minutes!! The game looked like it was to end 2-1 but then came a bonkers final 7 minutes injury time where we scored, they scored and then Iheanacho popped up in the 97th minute to give us a shock 3-3 draw!

With the bad run of form we have now slipped down to 6th place, still 2 points clear of 7th with a game in-hand.

1646299421514.png

It's getting tight though, we really need to start winning a few games, that's going to be tough though when you look at our next few games.

1646299535506.png

This is going to be a tough end to the season!

Finally, the youth intake and we actually have a couple of players that look like could be future stars.

Eoin Doyle - Central Midfield

If we can improve his physicals he is going to be really good! He already has an amazing base for a playmaking midfielder.

1646299596213.png

Jacub Pheasant-Burkitt - Left Wing/Attacking Midfield

This lad looks really good! His attributes needs some improving but he already has a large amount of 10's in the right areas.

1646299589005.png

George Clowes - Left Wing

Another Left side wide man and again he looks decent. He has good pace and natural fitness but needs improvement in some of mentals.

1646299580808.png

2021/22 - Europa League Quarter Final

After beating Barcelona I kind of thought a 2-legged affair against Real Betis would be a walk in the park and after the 1st leg it look to be exactly that.

1646307753205.png

A 3-1 win, it was a shame to concede late on but overall it was a good performance, to the 2nd leg!

Where we had an absolute disaster, we managed to take an early lead to put us 4-1 up, we then absolutely fell apart! After the Lookman goal on 34 mins we decided to let in 3 goals before half time!!! A total disaster and the tie was suddenly level.

The 2nd half was probably the worst we've played all season, Betis could've scored 4 more if it wasn't for the underside of the bar, poor finishing an Schmeichel (he was poor overall). Betis grabbed a 4th goal just after the hour mark and when Vardy decided to 2-foot someone in his face we knew the tie was lost.

1646307816040.png

Disgraceful, our form has fallen off a cliff in the past few weeks, in the League we've lost 5-1 to Man City and 2-1 to Spurs, including this it's been a poor start to April and we are now down to 7th in the League. We need to turn this around if we want to end in the top 6.

2021/22 Season - End of Season Review

The season has finished and the big question is did we do enough to end in the European spots?!

1646344145968.png

As you can see we had some good results, especially at home but our away form was abysmal, except a solid 0-0 against Arsenal. So 13 points from our final 7 games, not bad and a decent pick up from how poor we were in the previous month or so.

1646344194584.png

And we did it! We scraped into 6th place by the skin of our teeth! The big news above us is Everton ended in the 4th Champions League spot!

So European football next season is guaranteed once again, it's a shame though that we are just looking at the Europa League as for quite a bit of the campaign we looked to be pushing for the top 4.

Player Awards

Player and Young Player of the Season - Wesley Fofana

It was a fantastic season for the 21-year old who is now being touted for a big money move. 40 starts, 3 goals and the highest average rating at the club (7.20)

1646344331943.png

Top Goalscorer & Most POTMs - James Maddison

This lad was stunning for most of the season, playing as the AP(a) he ends as the clubs top scorer with 16 goals, 7 of those in the league. Top top quality and a lad I need to keep around.

1646344380342.png

Most Assists - Harvey Barnes

Harvey had a pretty slow start to the season but overall was really good, he ends with 8 goals and 10 assists from his 44 starts.

1646344401319.png

My Player of the Season - Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

A player I didn't expect to feature as much as he did, as we end the season he is actually ahead of Tielemens in the pecking order. 31 starts, 10 assists, not bad!

1646344459171.png

And here is the whole squad for you to look through

1646344473596.png

Next Season Plans

Now I look forward to next season and I expect there to be quite a bit of change to the playing squad. There is so much deadwood here that I need to get rid of. The likes of Bertrand (LB), Ward (GK), Albrighton (W), Choudhury (CM) and Perez (W) are all going to be sold, as long as someone wants them! I am also thinking of selling Tielemens, his contract is up at the end of next season and honestly, he wasn't great when he played, he's valued at £70m so a good chunk of money to come in.

This will then free up some spots in the 25-man squad for me to improve the quality and depth. It is really needed, fitness issues have been a huge struggle this season so a larger squad is needed.

The board have set me my budgets and to be honest it could be better.

1646344559942.png

A small increase in wage budget and just under £43m to spend. Hopefully with the player sales I aim to complete the budget wil have a considerable rise.

The main areas I want to improve next season is in midfield and out wide. We lack depth at both DM and CM and have only 2 first team Wingers to choose from if the players leave who I want to get rid of.

So a good season overall, it could've been better if I'm brutally honest but to get into the top 6 was an achievement.

Talking of achievements....... yeah none gained so far!!!!

And finally, a brief overview of the season across England and Europe.

1646345545854.png

Onwards and upwards!!

Just caught up on this! Loving it so far! Not a bad first season and something to build on for sure!

A great first season in charge, like @TheNotSoSpecialOne said, plenty of build on for next season!

Interesting to see who you're going to target, and to see the improvement of Dewsbury-Hall!

2022/23 Season - Early Pre Season Chaos

What a pre season it's been so far and it's only early-July! Total and utter bedlam, there is a lot to cover, quite a few in's but first I want to go through the debacle that it my current crop of players.

The Dilemma of Youri Tielemens

This is actually a big problem Leicester have in real life, Youri's contract is up at the end of the season (22/23) and he is currently not wanting to discuss a new deal. This is what has happened in my save, so I had a decision to make, sell him or risk losing him for nothing. I chose option A, I am really not happy with the deal but it's better than nothing.

1646574509972.png

He joins oil rich Newcastle for a measly £40m.

The Fallout with Keirnan Dewsbury-Hall

This one has really got to me, a bid of £17m came in from Norwich, clearly I am going to say no and then the lad kicked off. He said he wanted to move.........to Norwich! I said no and got p*ssed off. So annoying. He is now transfer listed for £30m but is angry that the price on his head is too high. So what do I do? I can't let him go!

The Many bids from Europe's Elite.

I expected some bids to come in for my lads, they did well last season but what I didn't expect was for the boys to get annoyed. Deswbury-Hall was just the tip of the iceberg.

Soyuncu - £14.25m bid from Inter Milan - I said no, he asked to leave! He can go for £35m
Ricardo - £25m bid from Spurs - I said no, he asked to leave. He can go for £46m

They are the two players I have had to cave in to. A few other players left after asking to go.

Hamza Chourdhury - £18.5m to Wolves
Danny Ward - £5.75m to Aston Villa
Daniel Amartey - £13.5m to Shakhtar
Ayoze Perez - £5.25m to Spartak

So a lot of upheaval, the 4 I've just mentioned I wasn't too fussed about but to lose Tielemens is tough to take and then we could lose KDH, Ricardo and Soyuncu!

Transfers In

Clearly with a few leaving and a few on the way out I needed new signings. I already wanted to bolster my ranks out wide and look at strengthening the midfield, now I needed a replacement for Amartey and maybe another midfielder due to Youri going.

Brennan Johnson - Right Wing - £15.5m from Nottingham Forest

Filling the Leicester brief, young and English. A future star and I've got him a decent price

1646575039375.png

Harvey Elliott - Winger - Season Long Loan from Liverpool

A really like this lad, top quality for someone so young and I've got him on a relatively cheap loan deal. I'm paying all his wage and a small fee per month. Really excited for this one!

1646575068344.png

Xaver Schlager - Central Midfield - £27m from Wolfsburg

My new midfield man to replacement Tielemens, he look top drawer and should hopefully fit into my midfield with ease.

1646575053509.png

Charlie Webster - Central Midfield - £425m from Chelsea

One for the future here, highly rated but needs work and also game time, he will more than likely go out on loan this season.

1646575081936.png

Andrea Carboni - Central Defence - £13.5m from Cagliari

This was one my Director of Football initiated and I like what I see. Another highly rated youngster, signed for the same fee I got for Amartey and I feel he is a big upgrade.

1646575102338.png

Callum Doyle - Central Defence - Season Long Loan from Manchester City

Brought in just to add some extra depth to my defence, on a cheap deal as well. Hopefully, when called upon, he performs well/

1646575114249.png

And that's it so far, a bit more business than I wanted to do and the problem is there may be more if players continue to leave. For now though this is how my squad builder spreadsheet is shaping up.

1646575581450.png

Lots of depth currently, I am still looking at moving on Bertrand and Albrighton but wary of doing that if players continue to ask to leave.

The youth squad is also filling up nicely but these lads need game time to continue improving, most will go out on loan this season.

Finally, the season preview and as expected we are predicted to be the best of the rest.

1646575662033.png

7th is about right but clearly we are going to face a big challenge from Newcastle. A top 6 finish this season will have to be counted as a success especially with big changes in the playing squad.

My next update will come at the end of August when the transfer window slams shut unless anything important happens

Goodbye Sir Jamie Vardy

I have to admit this one has absolutely destroyed me, I turned the above bid down but as expected, Vardy complained, I can't risk upsetting anyone else so I've cut my losses and let him go, what a pittance of a fee though!

1646577926106.png

But in adversity comes hope, I already had my eye on the player I wanted to replace Vardy if and when he left (I expected it to be retirement) and as soon as the bid was accepted I swooped. I've followed the crowd and signed myself an FM wonderkid!

1646578174414.png

In comes superstar Karim Adeyemi for £14.25m, he is a pretty hefty contract with numerous bonuses but I think everyone can agree he is worth it especially as he is replacing the legend that is Jamie Vardy. The one thing to keep an eye on is he has a release clause of £90m!

2022/23 Season - End of August Update

A very brief update as it was a really quiet transfer window for us. There we no new in's with Ryan Bertrand the only player to leave as he joined Alaves for £925k.

We are a month into the season and 4 games into our Premier League campaign and so far it's been hit and miss.

1646581893301.png

4 games, 7 points. Taking the Liverpool game away we have actually played really well. The Fulham game we did not deserve to draw that game, we absolutely hammered them, 15 shots on target, they had 1 and their keeper claimed the POTM award.

Adeyemi has also started well with 3 goals in his opening 2 games.

So a solid start and we end the month in 5th place.

1646582000176.png

The Europa League draw has also been made and it looks decent.

1646582025926.png

Roma the toughest test, we really should be getting at least 2nd in this group.