You'll need to edit your post again as Kaka played for Sao Paulo, Robinho played for Santos. :wub:

tevez and cavenaghi up front in fm5, combined cost about £12, them were the days

But on topic, I used to always go for Messi and also Tevez. Henrick Larsson when he was at the brink of retirement was also a favourite of mine.

Anyone remember how good Freddy Adu was on CM03/04?

He always became the best player in the world. What happened there?

I always used to get Cherno Samba, had potential to be one of the best. Glad he did became top-class in real life too. Wait...

I always used to get Cherno Samba, had potential to be one of the best. Glad he did became top-class in real life too. Wait...

haha forgot about him

anyone remember alejandro sanchez fernandez from fm10. machine

also anyone remember the young lad at portsmouth a few versions ago, think he was thai and he had a surname that was about 20 letters long?

1) As mentioned above, many managers use the game to find targets!

Wait, do they really? Are these like really low league managers that can't afford to have a scouting team or are they decent level managers? I always assumed FM was leeching off the information of clubs, not the other way around. if this is true, FM just earned a big reputation boost in my mind.

benmadrigal, the Pompey player was Rungratsamee? He was only about 15/16 but i threw him in and he scored two against United, think it was the last championship manager before it turned to FM.

Loads of players from old FM's never reached the potential they showed on the game! I remember Hatem Ben Arfa was my 'MUST BUY' for Fm 07 or 08 (i think) but although he is still young IRL I don't think he is goign to be the world beater he was in my games...

what was that Finnish guys name,Mika Ääritalo or something like that?? from Fm07 or Fm08?
53770314io9.jpg

Last edited:
I used to buy van der Vaart on fm 2008, before the patch. so I always played without it. Oh, and also Srna on fm09...

But the best thing is now - if we would take a look at young 5star players at top clubs on fm11, we would be able to buy them cheaply on fm10 :D

benmadrigal, the Pompey player was Rungratsamee? He was only about 15/16 but i threw him in and he scored two against United, think it was the last championship manager before it turned to FM.

thats the fella. nice one

ah memory lane

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

what was that Finnish guys name, Mika Aa...... or something like that?? from Fm07 or Fm08?

mike aaritalo?

Wait, do they really? Are these like really low league managers that can't afford to have a scouting team or are they decent level managers? I always assumed FM was leeching off the information of clubs, not the other way around. if this is true, FM just earned a big reputation boost in my mind.

Read an article some time in the autumn, it saying that even 'Arry is using FM to scout players.

Read an article some time in the autumn, it saying that even 'Arry is using FM to scout players.

sven did it all the time, look at some of the players he signed irl eg bojinov. stars in the game, bit poo in reality tho

Leigh Griffiths in talks over a possible move to Wolves. XD

always used to buy tevez and mascherano from Corinthians, and robinho from Santos <3

anyone remember Kerlon? cm predicted he'd be a beast, Inter signed him and he hasn't become anything special :\

Someone once told me that Wenger said he uses FM to scout players. The game is great and they clearly have an amazing scouting team, but sometimes they make some pretty basic mistakes, especially with positions. For example, in FM10 and 11, Jose Fransisco Torres (a pretty famous player in Mexico and has played a lot with the US national team) is a right-sided midfielder in the game instead of a left-sided one like in real life. You'd think they wouldn't get something like that wrong.