Football Diaries - A story about love, trust & deception

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Honeymood period

Finally, my new engraved plaque, which sat prominently in front of my desk, it was so shiny that I couldn’t help but stare at it, i was bursting with so much pride it made me feel like a real football manager.

View attachment 102826

View attachment 102827

I was chuffed with this month’s results. My opening day game was the outstanding result as it was against promotion favourites Plymouth a resounding 4 – 0. My boys absolutely battered them from start to finish. We only dropped points to Southampton away from home, which still counts as a decent result but in honesty we could have lost this as they put us through the mill for much of the game. We were unlucky to go out the Carling Cup to Wolves as we had more possession and way more shots on target, but in the end they took their chances and we didn’t. Although I would have liked to stayed in the companion, it might be a blessing in disguise as we concentrate on the league.

I won my first ever managers award which is a fantastic achievement. To say I have only been a professional manager for two months, this will spur me on to continue to improve as a manager.

I am delighted for Darius as he won the player of the month award with some fine preformances. Not only did he net four goals in five games, but his team work and work rate was second to none. WELL DONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.