Football is a way of living to me...

Cheers mate. Yeah I liked the text smaller but I also like it a bit bigger so I'll so on my next post what I'll do with it. I was planning on going into detail with the course, what is the point making an in depth story like this and not going into detail with the coaching course lol! Glad you are enjoying it man :)...

Glad about how the coarse is in depth, havent read about a coarse before on an FM story

I'll get another post or 2 up tonight. I've been rough for the past 2 days lol !

View attachment 255341

As I arrive at Inverclyde for to do my UEFA B Licence I realise it's starting to get more serious now. I head up the stairs and in to the reception to book myself in then take a seat, my phone goes. I get a text from my son, "Gd luck 2day Dad x". My son will be so proud I think to myself. There next to me was a man I'm sure I've seen before somewhere but I can't think where, it starts to bug me!

George :" Thomas! How are you son"?

I stand up to go speak to George while dropping my phone without noticing.

Me : "Hi George, yeah I'm great thanks".

George : " Glad to hear it, I see you are booked in for the basic Licence then"!

Me :"Yeah I am George, I can't wait".

George :" I bet you can't, well I have a lot to do today, I'll speak to you later".

Me :" Ok, bye George".

UEFA B LICENCE

200px-UEFA_logo.svg.png

Understand match analysis and performance evaluation
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]Coaches will gain detailed coaching knowledge based on functional practices, small sided (8 v 8) games and phases of play to enhance game related understanding. This knowledge will aid them to evaluate player and team performance and set goals accordingly. Coaches will also learn how to analyse matches, assess fitness, provide a psychological evaluation of players and build on nutritional awareness.

football-tactics-board.jpg

Another qualification gained!

Today's course was tough! I really enjoyed it though, I thought the last course was in depth, not now! You don't realise how much effort does go into Managing until you do these courses. Just one more to go which I will sit next week and I can manage as high as the English Premiership and Champions League, it still hasn't sunk in yet, not that I think I'll just step into a Job like that so quick but it's great to know that I will have the ability to do so. As I walk out into the Car Park and go to get into my Car...

"Excuse me sir"!

I turn round and see this man I seen in the waiting room earlier.

"You left your phone in the waiting room".

Me: "Oh thanks, I didn't even realise"!

He laughs.

"I better go before the media come".

I don't get it but I laugh.

Me:"Thanks again, can I ask your name please"?

He smiles at me.

"Ovcourse sir, my name is Paolo".

He walks off into his top of the range Bentley.

Me:"Paolo...he looks familiar to me, I should have just asked him".

As he drives off I take a look at his regi plate and it says :

M4L D1N1

Me: "No way....Paolo Maldini"!

sport-graphics-2008_690631a.jpg

I can't believe I just spoke to Paolo Maldini! I can't believe I never realised him and actually asked him is name, no wonder he smiled at me like that, what an idiot I must have looked! As I set off home I still can't get my head around meeting Paolo and not realising him. Well just one more course and that will be me...READY TO MANAGE!

240936_181f6995.jpg

As I drive home I decide to take a quick visit to see all the lads and the Gaffer at my ex Club. After all if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be going into Management. I walk in the main doors and head out to the pitch, I see all the boys doing there paces with the Gaffer shouting, wanting more! I walk up and stand next to him...

Me :" Alright Gaffer".

Gaffer : "Tam! How are you son"?

All the lads walk over to see me.

Me:" Yeah great, how are all of you's"?

Gaffer :" Were doing well son, how's the coaching going"?

Me:" Nearly completed my badges".

One of the lads joke and say :

"He'll be taking your job next Gaffer"!

The gaffer, boys and I all laugh.

Me:" Nah, your safe gaffer"!

After a long chat and a laugh to the lads and my old gaffer I head home. It was really good to catch up with them all.

3242646086_4a596db2fe_z.jpg

I pull up just outside my home and I see my son with his Mum standing at my door. Why are they here so late at night I think to myself. I drive into my drive and switch the engine off and get out off the Car :

My son runs up to me, he is freezing!

Me:" Why are you out here so late with him"!

She can tell I'm not happy at all, I then see her start to cry. So I rush them inside and ask my son to go upstairs and get ready for bed.

Me:"What's up"?

Ex:" I've left him,". She sobs.

Me:" Why"?

Ex:" I just have, can I stay here tonight until I get myself sorted"?

Me:" Tell me why"?

She starts to cry again.

Ex:" I miss you".

I take a deep breath and I give her a cuddle. Part of me wants to say well you made your choice now stick by it but I just can't I love her.

Me:"I miss you too".

holding_hands.jpg

After all these months we could finally be a family again, I will soon be going to into management, life just couldn't seem to get any better but I've been proved wrong.

5861700608_ce3742776e_z.jpg

After a few days me and the ex got back together, her and my son have since moved back it. Life is so great right now. Today will hopefully see my life get much better by gaining all my coaching badges and get back into Football all be it management.

UEFA PRO LICENCE

MARJAN%20SEKULOVSKI%20-%20UEFA%20PRO%20DIPLOMA%20-%20ANGLISKI.jpg.opt822x1162o0,0s822x1162.jpg

UEFA Pro Licence
The Ultimate Coaching Qualification
The highest coaching qualification in the game, the UEFA Pro Licence will be mandatory forr all Premier League Managers from 2010. The Pro Licence marries the finer points of a coach or manager's match preparation with other non-football specific modules including employment law, finance, the media, technology, business management and club structure.

When I get to Inverclyde as usual I book in. I take a seat but I can't sit for long, I'm feeling so agitated! It's the nerves I suppose, this is it, this is the most important day in my Football Career as a whole to date. I see George walking up the corridor towards me :

George :"Are you ready son"?

Me :"Yeah, I'm very nervous but I'm confident".

George :"Good son, you have done so well so far, I have faith in you Thomas".

Me :"Thanks George".

George :" Well I'll see you later on when I'm presenting your Pro Licence to you"!

I laugh nervously.

Me :"Oh I hope so"!

As George walks away I get shouted to start my Pro Licence. I start to head down, still feeling really nervous, that nervous I feel sick! I'm going to do this I say to myself. For me and for my family!

Manchester_Witness_waiting_room.jpg

So that is it, course is down now it's time to wait to see if I have passed. I sit in the waiting room for what seems a life time! I hear a knock on the door :

George :" Hello Thomas".

Me:"Hi George".

George:"So how do you think you did"?

Me: "I don't think I could have done any better to be honest".

George smiles.

George : "Yeah, same"...

I look at him puzzled, waiting for what he is going to say next..

Me : "Did I pass"?

George laughs.

George : "With flying colours son, congratulations"!

I stare at him in disbelief.

George : " Well done son, you deserve it".

After the shock It finally sinks in, I'm now a Football Manager! I text my gaffer, the lads at the club, my girlfriend and my son

NOW LET THE JOB HUNT BEGIN

Football-Manager-2012_AndroidMAC.jpg

If anyone has a specific team in mind that thinks a story with them would do well and that would be different then I'd like to hear it. I'd like to keep the story fairly realistic so I don't want to start with the likes of your Barcelona, Man City and Milan's and would prefer to start with a much lower team and work my way up.

Great story so far. It depends how low you're thinking. How about a team like Huddersfield, AFC Wimbledon or MK Dons?

Great story so far. It depends how low you're thinking. How about a team like Huddersfield, AFC Wimbledon or MK Dons?

If it had to be in England I wouldn't want to start any higher than a League one side that is predicted to finish mid table. Since I'm Scottish I was thinking making him start in Scotland then hopefully get a move to England but I'm not sure if that would be appealing to readers as the the Scottish Premier League isn't exactly appealing never mind the lower leagues lol.

If it had to be in England I wouldn't want to start any higher than a League one side that is predicted to finish mid table. Since I'm Scottish I was thinking making him start in Scotland then hopefully get a move to England but I'm not sure if that would be appealing to readers as the the Scottish Premier League isn't exactly appealing never mind the lower leagues lol.

That would be good. I think because of how you've written the story you could make it readable! How about Ayr United in the 2nd division or partick thistle in first division?

id be interested in seeing you start with someone like weston-super-mare and build them up personally- but its your story.

Mate your such a leagend! 4 quality updates when you said 1 or 2. I think u should go in the top league or scotland since u passed with flying colours, ur favorite team i say (if its not celtic/rangers)

Mate your such a leagend! 4 quality updates when you said 1 or 2. I think u should go in the top league or scotland since u passed with flying colours, ur favorite team i say (if its not celtic/rangers)

Cheers mate. My favourite Team is Rangers but I don't want to go them. I'll get a few posts up tomorrow along with which team I end up.

That would be good. I think because of how you've written the story you could make it readable! How about Ayr United in the 2nd division or partick thistle in first division?

Yeah it just seems to make more sense, I'll see what happens anyway :).

iStock_000005498198Small.jpg%20bar.jpg

It's been a few days now since I got all my coaching badges. Since then I have got in contact with a few contacts that George knew to help get me my first Managerial position, I've been offered interviews all over the world, as far as Singapore and India! I've made up my mind that I don't feel ready to go abroad yet and that I will pursue the hunt in the UK. He got me in contact with a close friend of his called Peter and we met in a fancy Bar in Glasgow to speak about my options :

Peter : "Hi Thomas, nice to meet you".

Me: "Hi Peter, thanks and you too".

Peter : "Right lets get started Thomas, is it Tam or Thomas"?

I laugh.

Me : "I prefer to be called Tam".

Peter : "Right Tam (laughs) so ideally what are you looking for"?

Me : " Ideally I'd like to start my trade in Scotland but if it's in England then so be it".

Peter : "Ok Tam, lets see what we can do for you".

Peter brings out his iPad with lots of information about recent jobs on it.

Me : " Ok".

He flicks through the iPad.

Peter : " Well there is four or five jobs that I know of that could suit you Tam".

He looks deep in though as I sit there waiting for him to speak...

Peter : " Ok Tam here is a list of some teams that I would recommend to you "....

Peter shows me the list of Teams :

View attachment 256479

Hereford United Fc

Hereford have just recently been relegated from the Football League and are now in the Conference National. They are not the richest of Clubs but have some quality players still at the club capable to get you back up in the first time of asking. Another bonus is that they have a decent stadium too with a good fan base.

View attachment 256481

Northampton Town Fc

Another team will the potential to be doing better but again not the richest. They were lucky to stay in the Football League last Season but with the right manager I don't see why they couldn't push for the Play Off's. There stadium holds over 7,000.

View attachment 256485

Portsmouth Fc

I don't need to say too much about Portsmouth. Once a good team in the Premier League not that long ago but the debt ridden club have since fell from grace. A great fan base whom don't deserve this. Portsmouth can go back up to the heights of the Premier League but will require long hard and at times painful work but it would be worth it.

View attachment 256488

Raith Rovers Fc

Raith are a Scottish team in the First Division. It's a tight League and anyone can beat anyone so I don't see why Raith couldn't get Promoted as they have some top players in there ranks, if you opted to stay in Scotland they would be a good choice for you.

We speak a little more about my options and discuss other aspects. I ask Peter to inform all the Clubs named that I'd be interested in speaking to them if they would like to about my interest. Hopefully this will be the start for me with one of these Clubs !

tt0122032.jpg