Football is a way of living to me...

I'll have an update tonight mate. I've been so busy recently with work etc...

i recommend u become a coach at leeds due to the scout being from leeds! gaining experience coaching and then moving on to manage a team in a lower league? would make the story different to all the others

4210611962.jpg

After weeks that has seemed like years and as if no one will get in touch I finally hear from Raith Rovers chairman Turnbull Hutton :

Hutton : Hi, Tam is it?

Me : Yes it is can I ask who's speaking?

Hutton : It's Raith Rovers Turnbull Hutton. I'm phoning regarding your job application.

Me : Oh..Ok.

Hutton : I'd like to invite you down to have a little chat about becoming manager if you can?

Me : YES! Eh I mean yes I will be there.

Hutton Laughs.

Hutton : Ok son, here is the details....

View attachment 262221

Finally a Job Interview! I phone my son to let him know the great news :

Me : Hello son it's Dad here.

Son : DAD!

Me : Guess what....

Son : What Dad?

Me : I have a job interview tomorrow with Raith Rovers!

My little man cheers with joy. I let out a big grin!

Me : Well I will speak to you later son!

Son : Ok, Bye Dad!

The-sun-newspaper-logo1.jpg

McCoist walks as Newco Rangers booted into Divison 3!

In what seems to be just getting worse everyday for Rangers fans, there manager Ally McCoist who has held everything together has sensationally quit today.

Reports suggest there has been a rift between him and the new Chief Charles Green. No doubt fans will let Green hear there anger after this latest twist at Ibrox today. One fan today said " I've been a Season Ticket holder for 30years, I've been through the good times and bad times, this is the end for me. I will never return to Ibrox again"!

With Rangers starting up as a Newco and most of there first team Stars refusing to sign for the Newco and now no manager at the helm also fans seem to be going McCoists way Charles Green has one **** of a task on his shoulder to revive the fortunes of the most successful Football Team on the planet but that seems so far from the glory days at Ibrox whom will now be playing in the Bottom League of Scottish Football.

It seems to be Dark and Cloudy days ahead for everyone connected at Rangers Fc.

125536000_624637a_6_664665a.jpg

Green urges fans to "Keep believing".

Only a few hours after McCoist leaves Charles Green has released this statement :

"To all loyal Rangers fans out there I thank you all for your Support in what has been a terrible mess at your Club. I'm just as disappointed as everyone else that Ally has decided to leave the Club in these dreadful circumstances. This is not the end of Glasgow Rangers as the world know it, I want and I need the fans to stick with me and keep believing in me and my team to sort this massive Club out but I can't do it without the fans backing. In the past you's have had terrible small minded owners and I firmly believe if I didn't turn up Rangers would have been finished but I saved your club now please have faith in me to bring Rangers Fc back from where they are now and back into the Premier League and back to having the Champions League nights"!

1022399986.jpg

Great stuff, one of the best written stories I've read, keep it up

TV-sport-main.jpg

I can't believe Coisty has left Rangers! As I'm flicking over the channels on the box I start to think to myself could I manage my boyhood team Rangers? Would it be silly to throw my name into the mix? What have I got to loose, I'm going to do it! I get onto the phone to my agent who gets in contact with Charles Green to say that I am interested in the Job. To manage Rangers would be a dream come true for me and my little boy who is a massive fan...

job-interview-help.jpg

As I'm getting ready for my first interview at Raith today all I can think about it managing Glasgow Rangers! Not a chance I tell myself, I try to concentrate on Raith today, it would be disrespectful to go in there thinking about getting my hands on another job, I should be happy Raith are giving me a chance to convince them to hire me.

I get my watch on and head downstairs and kiss my girlfriend and son who wish me luck as I head out into the Car, big smiles from both of them from the window as I drive off down the road for what is my biggest day to date. I switch the radio on and as I'm tapping away at the steering wheel to the music my phone goes, I look at it and the caller is unknown. I hesitate for a minute then pull over to answer the phone but I miss it, " *******"! I wonder who that was I think to myself but I have no time I need to get to this interview, I indicate out and pull off again heading down to Raith...

used_volkswagen_golf_gti_2009_09_reg_2000cc_petrol_engine_automatic_five_door_hatch_silver_26700_miles_93597734878182431.jpg

Finally I get to Starks Park where I will meet Turnbull Hutton for the interview. I park up and head up to the entrance where I'm greeted by some woman :

Woman : Tam McCann is it?

Me : Yes it is.

She lets out a big smile.

Woman : Oh Hello, come on in and I'll get you seated ready for Mr Hutton to see you!

I walk in behind her.

Woman : Right just take a seat through there and Mr Hutton will see you in no time...Oh and good luck son.

I smile nervously.

Me : Thanks.

She walks away singing.

What the **** was that all about I think to myself!

Ten minutes later I'm still sitting in the waiting room, waiting is not good for nerves! I hear a vibrating noise and think what is that? After a minute I realise **** it's my phone, I stand up to get it out my pocket and go to answer it but I drop the phone and when I pick it up I had a missed call from an unkown number! Who the **** could that be!

T. Hutton : Hi Tam.

I look up and there stands Turnbull Hutton with a big smile glazing at me.

Me : Hi.

T. Hutton : Well lets go and have a little chat Tam...

We both walk into Mr Huttons office.

Fort%20Worth%20Manager%20Office%20Nevill%201024x768.jpg

T. Hutton : Take a seat Tam.

T.Hutton : So Tam why you? Why should I hire you?

Me : Well I believe I'm the prefect candidate for the job as I'm young and ambitious. I was very driven as a player and after my horrid injury that wrecked my players makes me more driven to succeed in a coaching role.

T.Hutton : Ok Tam so tell me about your 5year plan if you got to takeover at Raith?

Me : Well I've done some research about the club and my 5year plan would consist of Promotion to the SPL within 2years maximum and within the other 3years I'd like to be battling for a top 4 and European place every year.

T.Hutton : Now that is driven! I like it...If you could pick any team to manage who would it be?

I pause for a minute...

Me : Raith...

Turnbull smiles.

T.Hutton : Correct answer son! Well thank you for your time, I will be in contact within the next 48hours Tam.

Me : No Thank you very much Mr Hutton, I appreciate this, speak to you soon.

Shaking-Hands.jpg

nokia_ck-200-in-car-Bluetooth-handsfree.jpg

Well I thought that went pretty well today, better than I thought. This time in 48hours I could land my first Managerial Job! As I'm driving home my phone goes, it's the unknown caller again and this time I manage to answer it :

Me : Hello?

?? : Hello is this....Tam?

Me : Yes it is can I ask who's speaking?

?? : Yes...Yes you can, It's Charles Green here the Rangers Chief.

I pull over and stop the car!

Me : Mr Green, how are you?

Charles Green : Fine thanks, I'm phoning up about your interest in managing Glasgow Rangers is that right?

I Stutter...

Me : Ye..Yes...Yes that is right Mr Green.

Charles Green : Ok, Well I'd like to invite you down to Ibrox for a chat about your interest is that ok?

Me : Yes that would be an honour.

Charles Green : Ok Tam well come down tomorrow at 10:00am and go to reception and they will let you know where to go from there.

Me : Ok Mr Green, I look forward to meeting you.

Charles Green : You to Tam, you too.

Ibrox_Facade.JPG

I'm shocked! Charles Green phoned ME about the Rangers Job! As I drive home my mind goes into overdrive, Tam McCann the new Rangers manager...that sounds unreal but it could happen. I start to get shivers up my spine at the thought of it....​

alarm-clock-400x265.jpg

What a restless night! No matter how much I toss and turn I just can't get a decent sleep for the interview with Charles Green. I decide just to get up at 5 to 6 and head downstairs to make myself a cup of coffee. After making the coffee I turn on the Tv and lower the volume not wanting to wake my son or girlfriend up, I flick over to Sky Sports and watch that for a while.

I look at the clock and it's half 7 so I decide to go for a shower and iron my clothes ready to head out and up to Glasgow to meet Charles Green at Ibrox Stadium.

electricshower.jpg

Once out of a shower I slip into my clothes just about ready to leave. I hear my son waking up and running downstairs with his mum :

Son : Good luck Dad!

I give him a hug.

Me : This is for you son, I'll do it for you!

Him and his mum smile.

Girlfriend : Good luck.

Me : Thanks babe.

I give her a quick kiss and off I go.

iStock_000005390693XSmall-300x200.jpg

It's half 9 and I'm heading down the M8 and just about to take the Govan slip road which is just a few minutes away from Ibrox. My heart is pounding, I approach a set of traffic lights that are at red. I glance over at Ibrox and I can see it's full of media! The hairs on my neck stand up, do they know about me? I put the car back into gear and off I set closer to the Stadium, I park up the car and wait for a minute. No one seems to be bother with me, "Thank god".

BANG BANG BANG !!!!

ir_wireless_flash_3.jpg

Holy ****! All the camera's surround my Car! I struggle to get out the Car and try to hide my face as I walk up to Reception :

Reporter : Tam, are you the man for the Job?

How the **** does she know my name and know I'm in for the Job!

I don't comment and continue to walk to reception with others asking me a **** load of questions! Eventually I get into reception :

Me : Jesus there like a bunch of Zombies out there!!

The Woman in reception laughs.

Reception Woman : Yeah, there a pain in the backside, been there everyday since Rangers went into Administration. So I take it your Tam then?

Me : Yes.

Reception Woman : Ok, just follow me and I'll get you in to see Mr Green as soon as possible Tam.

Me : Ok thanks.

As I walk up the famous marble staircase I'm still in shock that I'm going to be interviewed for the Rangers Job! Yeah there not in the best of shaped at the moment but at the end of the day its still Glasgow Rangers. We bypass the trophy room and I can't help but to have a look in :

Me : WOW !

Reception Woman : Brilliant....

Me : Yes it sure is!

Reception Woman : Right lets go Tam, Charles will be ready soon.

We head up towards the waiting room and then the woman goes into Mr Greens office to let him know I'm here.

Reception Woman : Ok Tam Charles won't be long so sit tight and good luck.

The Woman walks off...

326457-9.jpg

The Famous Glasgow Rangers Trophy Room.

Just caught up!!! Brilliant stuff as always mate KIU :)

Should deffo be the new rangers if your a fan think that would be sweet and be interesting to see how long untill you win the prem again for them

Sam91 - Thanks mate I'll keep it up.

The Ultime FM God - Glad you said that mate because I wanted that feel about the story, makes it more interesting for the reader!

emoasyou - Yeah it would be a great challenge and also a story I wouldnt give up on as they are my team in real life :p.

Thanks for all the comments guys they are appreciated!

man_looking_at_watch.jpg

It's been 40minutes since I was shown to the waiting room and the longer I'm waiting the more nervous I'm getting! It still hasn't sunk in that I'm getting an Interview to be manager of Glasgow Rangers! Despite there fall from grace there reputation is huge so to manage Rangers there will be so much pressure there no matter where they play. I take a glance up at see Charles Green standing outside his office door :

Green : Hi Tam, come on in...

I walk into his office with a nervous smile.

Green : Take a seat.

Green : Well firstly thanks for coming at such short notice Tam.

Me : No It's my pleasure to have such an opportunity Mr Green.

He Smiles.

Green : So Tam, why do you want to manage Rangers?

Me : Rangers are one of the biggest Clubs in Europe and always will be no matter where they are playing, the reputation of the Club made me want to apply for the job and also that I'm a Rangers fan myself.

Green : Why do you deserve the Job over others?

Me : Rangers are in my blood, I love the club and it hurts me to see what has happened, you could go hire a manager of a much higher reputation but what he does not have is the loyalty and know how about the Club as where I believe I have.

Green : Where can you see Rangers in 5years time under your control?

Me : Back in the SPL as Champions and back in Europe with a mix of quality players and a crop of talented youngsters and most importantly a more stable Rangers, a Rangers that will never go through this again.

Green : I like it Tam.

Green : One more thing....I'm in talks to sign a player that has played for Rangers and who left a hero a few years ago to give the support a lift, If you get the Job I won't interfere but this man needs to play ok?

Me : Who?

Green Laughs.

Green : Time will tell Tam.

Me : If I get the job every player will have there chance to show me what they can do....

Green : Smart move Tam! Ok I'll be in touch son.

Me : Ok Mr Green Thank you very much for your time and I hope to here back soon!

ibrox.jpeg

Well I thought that went really well but it's bugging me to who Charles is in talks with to bring back to Ibrox!

Nacho Novo returns to Ibrox

article-0-0252E376000005DC-970_306x482.jpg

Nacho Novo today completed a sensational return back to Rangers on a 1year deal after being released by Polish giants Legia Warszawa. Many fans will welcome the little Spaniard back to Ibrox who enjoyed a 6year spell with Rangers before moving back to Spain with Sporting Gijon. Novo was very much a hero at Rangers in his last spell, his love for the club is for all to see as he knocked back big money offers down South and back in Spain to join Rangers once again. Novo said, " To rejoin Rangers again was an easy decision. My club need me during this horrible time and I couldn't say no, I was sad to see Rangers being kicked out of the SPL and into the bottom league of Scottish Football but it was no surprise as all the teams hate my club Rangers because we are the best team in Scotland and we will show them even from the Third Divison that we are the best team with the best fans! We will be back to make you's all pay for what you's did to us and Celtic won't be bragging then!" Novo is sure to have caused a stir with his latest comments but they come as no surprise as he is already famous for them!

Charles Green will no doubt now win over some fans by bringing Novo back and he said " After the Craig Whyte mess no wonder fans are reacting in this way but I put my money where my mouth was did anyone else? No they didn't so I hope fans can get behind the team for the Start of the Season and show why Rangers have the best fan base in the world"! When asked about appointing a new manager Green said " He will be announced tomorrow, we need stability and need to get back to Footballing matters rather than all this Paper talk".

Charles+Green.jpg

Green getting involved with the fans.​