Football is the game, Money is how we keep score.

Not bad at all. It's my opinion that in these leagues the important thing is to win at home. Then a few points away will get you up.

Thanks mate! Yeah the home games are the must wins and hopefully i can pick up a few points away rom home.

Dover Athletic
View attachment 1021115

January

Carlisle vs Dover
View attachment 179641
Great start to the New Year! A brace from Stefan Payne gave us all 3 points. We were pretty lucky to get away with the win when you look at the stats. Carlisle were all over us but we had a lot of luck.

Dover vs Accrington
View attachment 179640
This time we were on the unlucky side. We dominated Accrington throughout the match but we just got off to a horrible start with Accrington scoring from the kick off. We had a handful of chances in the first half hour and could've taken the lead before Nathan Webb scored to give them a 2 goals cushion. We finally scored through Stefan Payne after half an hour but couldn't do much in the second half.

York vs Dover
View attachment 179639
Both an impressive and extremely frustrating game of football against York. We took the lead after 20 minutes through Chiedozie after he seized on a error from York's goalkeeper. Both teams had a few chances in the first half but couldn't find the net. Stefan Payne gave us a 2 goal lead after 70 minutes and I thought that was the win for us, but unfortunately York scored two goals in quick succession to give them a share of the points.

Dover vs Scunthorpe
View attachment 179638
A good opportunity to get back to winning ways, but we couldn't make it count. A poor first half from both sides was very boring, the second half was much the same bar a few chances we should've taken the lead early in the second half but we had to wait till the 67th minute to take the lead. Scunthorpe equalized through a corner.

Crewe vs Dover
View attachment 179636
A horrible performance. Extremely frustrating. Crewe scored 2 stupid goals thanks to Tom Gardiner passing back too the keeper which was way too short. Chiedozie scored a consolation late in the game.

View attachment 179635
View attachment 179633
After a mixed month we find ourselves sitting in 10th after 29 games and have a comfortable gap between ourselves and the relegation spots and we're only 4 points from the playoff spots.

View attachment 179632
Next month we've got a tough test. I'll be looking to win against Northampton, Southport and Barnet.

Just read from the start and thoroughly enjoying this! P.S don't be disheartened if people don't comment on the thread much, most people (including myself usually) will just lurk and follow through without commenting in order to have the updates flowing without hoards of other comments.
Good luck :D

Just read from the start and thoroughly enjoying this! P.S don't be disheartened if people don't comment on the thread much, most people (including myself usually) will just lurk and follow through without commenting in order to have the updates flowing without hoards of other comments.
Good luck :D

Thanks mate!

Won't have an update up this evening, due to Valentines duties :p

Dover Athletic
View attachment 1021622

February

Dover vs Northampton
View attachment 179193
A good start to the month. A very pleasing performance from the lads as we bossed the game and showed Northampton how to play football. We got off to a cracker with Harris scoring from just outside the area. 15minutes later Georgiou knocked in a half volley after a decent cross. Half way through the second half Payne was fouled just inside the area and was awarded a penalty and converted it.

Hartlepool vs Dover
View attachment 179191
Scoreline doesn't really reflect the game. It was always going to be a tough test against 2nd placed Hartlepool but we gave it a good shot in the end. We got off to a decent start creating a few chanes in the early minutes of the game but we were hit on the break and Hartlepool scored through Fenwick. The rest of the half was spent going from one to the other and Hartlepool found another goal through McQuoid.

Dover vs Southport
View attachment 179190
This was a game i was looking to win fairly comfortably in front of the home crowd but Southport gave us a lesson in defending. We couldn't break them down, regardless of what we tried. Their keeper was in great form as were they're defenders. They scored late on through a frustrating corner and took all 3 points, which to be fair, they deserved.

Bolton vs Dover
View attachment 179189
I didn't expect too much from this match, despite Bolton struggling in this league, they're still a good side. We got off to a great start with Stefan Payne scoring a lovely goal and we could've built on that once or twice with Payne having a handful of chances. The second half was all Bolton though and they deserved the two goals after some brilliant football.

Dover vs Barnet
View attachment 179188
We finish the month exactly how we start it with a nice win at home to Barnet. The away side took the lead through a corner but in truth didn't really threaten us too much, with most of their shots being long range efforts. We scored just after the break with Bissaka scoring a lovely curling effort from just inside the area. Bissaka again popped up after 70 minutes with a lovely little **** over the keeper to give us all 3 points.

View attachment 179187
View attachment 179186
A difficult month, but i can't be too upset with it. We got two good wins and were unlucky against Hartlepool and Southport and performed well against Bolton. We're sitting 13th at the minute and still in with a shout for a play off spot.

View attachment 179185
Next month is a great opportunity to rack up some points against the bottom half of the table. The toughest match will be against Newport Co, who are in 9th at the minute but i'm optimistic about our chances.

Dover Athletic
View attachment 1021760

March

Morecambe vs Dover
View attachment 179082
Not how i wanted to start the month, but Morecambe are the inform team at the minute winning the last 4 games on the bounce and are just ahead of us. We were very poor and didn't deserve anything in the match. Payne scored a consolation goal towards the end. Morecambe scored 2 fantastic goals and one through a measly corner *sigh*

Dover vs Crawley
View attachment 179080
What a way to bounce back! Crawley are struggling at the minute and find themselves in the bottom 2. Charlie Harris scored a brilliant goal from outside the area to hand us the lead after 20 minutes and from then we dominated the game. Bissaka extended the lead just after half time. We could've built on that and extended our lead further but we couldn't find the net.

Stevenage vs Dover

View attachment 179078
Another good performance from the lads. The first half was a drab affair with neither team creating anything of note. The second half was slightly better and we took the lead just before the 10 minutes into the second half and then doubled the lead again 10 minutes later, with both Inside Forwards getting on the scoresheets.

Dover vs Newport Co.
View attachment 179076
Another win, but a very hard fought win. It was a boring match, with the only goal and our only shot on target coming from Charlie Harris with a long range effort beating the Newport number 1. We dictated play in midfield but we couldn't really do much with the ball, Newport defending very valiantly despite our best efforts.

Dover vs Forest Green
View attachment 179075
A great performance against Forest Green who proved a bigger challenge than i thought. Stefan Payne gave us the lead 20 minutes into the match with a cool finish from inside the area. Georgiou added to the lead just before half time, heading in from a cross from Funkaty Dabo. Georgiou added his second goal of the game half way through the second half with a lovely finish from just outside the area beating Forest Green's keeper.

Southend vs Dover
View attachment 179074
Great win, and in unlikely fashion as we're the ones who score late on for a change. We took an early lead with Bissaka scoring a real poachers effort after a Dabo cross. Shodipo scored a calamitous own goal just after the 10th minute. After a lively start the game calmed down with neither team causing the other any real difficulty until the later stages when Bunjaku scored from... a corner!

View attachment 179070
View attachment 179069
After a near unbeaten month we find ourselves in 9th with a game in hand so if we win that we will be in the playoff spots! Am i dreaming?

View attachment 179067
A very difficult month up next, i can't see us keeping a playoff spot if we do indeed get one.

You have the table sorted by points, not position, which may make it a little confusing.

Dover Athletic
View attachment 1021902

End of Season

April
AFC Wimbledon vs Dover
View attachment 178942
Not a great start to the end of the season with a terrible performance against league strugglers Wimbledon. Tom Youngs scored a brace for them whereas we did very little to trouble their keeper. We had most of the possession but struggled to make any real headway in the match.

Dover vs Port Vale
View attachment 178936
Well this was a kick in the teeth. How do you score 5 goals from 4 shots on target and no own goals...? I honestly don't know what happened here. We didn't even play that badly. Fair enough we didn't create anything threatening but we did play well when we did have the ball.

Dover vs Carlisle
View attachment 178935
A well earned point against top of the league Carlisle and a better performance to go with it. We took the lead through Georgiou who finished off a lovely move start from a short kick out from Stephens. Carlise hit us back shortly after and took the lead immediately after that, which was very frustrating but Chiedozie scored a header from a great cross from Dabo which put us back on level terms. We didn't really deserve a point if you look at the stats... 3 measly attempts on goal with 2 of them going in, definition of luck in my eyes.

Leyton Orient vs Dover
View attachment 178934
Nice to get a win for a change against playoff chasers Leyton Orient who look to get promoted after missing out last season. We had a great first half Stefan Payne scoring a lovely poachers effort just inside the 6 yard box beating the keeper. Joe Morrell extended our lead just after 25minutes with a fabulous long range effort. The second half was quiet , with only a few decent chances from either side.

Dover vs Bury
View attachment 178931
A very scrappy affair. Easily known its nearly the end of the season, with players sticking in last ditch tackles every time theres a danger to the goal. We were the better team, carving some lovely chances but couldn't score. We gave away a penalty in the second half, but fortunately Stephens saved it. Payne then scored 10 minutes later, finishing off a long range effort which was saved. 2 wins in a row!

Yeovil vs Dover
View attachment 178930
I'm not going to to talk much about this game. It was woeful. Horrible defending, horrible goalkeeping and we got the thumping that we deserved. Joe Morrell scoring our only goal, but that didn't help our dismal effort.

Dover vs Tranmere
View attachment 178929
So the final game of the season was a home game against Tranmere Rovers. Not many talking points about this fixture, it was another scrappy match with Dover, perhaps being the better side, but neither team could break the deadlock.

View attachment 178928
View attachment 178927
After a shakey month we finish the season where we spent the majority of the season, 9th place with 69(hehe) points just outside the playoff spots. The Port Vale and Yeovil games certainly didn't help our goal difference at all, but a pleasing season to be fair.

View attachment 178925
Finished my second coaching course after 6 months. Hopefully i can get a new contract, or another offer from another club that deserves my talent ;) We've a tough pre-season ahead and if i'm still in Dover and i can get the caliber of players that i want, i'll be aiming for promotion next season.

Was really hoping you'd make play offs this season. Maybe next year though. Great story.

Port Vale really took the wind out your sails especially with their phantom goal but I think you can be very pleased with the season, in a great position to push for a play-off maybe even an automatic spot next year?

That is if your not head-hunted before then!

Keep up the great work Seano!

The phantom goal would have been a freak goal from an intended cross or pass, those aren't counted as shots. Maybe a shot off target that bounces off and gets into goal isn't counted as on target but I haven't had the chance to check that.

Blackpool FC
View attachment 178545

Pre-Season
View attachment 178546
Not a great pre-season results wise when you look at the fixtures and our opponents but there was some very pleasing performances so i'm not too concerned with the results, it is pre-season after all. On to transfers.

Transfers
View attachment 178540
It was a busy transfer market to say the least with a lot of players wanting to leave after getting relegated, most them are replaceable but the main players were Bradley Potts, Connor Randall and David Brooks. I had a few areas i needed to address immediately, mainly the back four and centre of the park. Due to the lack of wingers and quality of players on the market i had to settle for a narrow formation.

View attachment 178530
Liam Kelly will slot into on of the AMC positions. He looks like a decent player with decent stats across the board and a high work rate which will be needed in the centre of the park battling for possession.

View attachment 178528
Not quite as technial as his namesake, Liam Trotter possesses some great mental and physical attributes and will slot in beside Kelly in the other AMC position.

View attachment 178525
I needed some quality in the back 4 and jumped at the chance to sign Daniels for very little. He's a very physical player and the "no nonsense" type we needed to command the back four. He's got decent marking, tackling and some good mental stats.

View attachment 178520
We lacked quality and competition up front so i went out to look for some quality in what was a very competitive market and with the financial status of blackpool at the minute i opted for free wherever possible and found this fella. My 2nd irish signing, he's a decent striker, nothing special but he should fit in nicely in League 2. He's got some nice mental stats and decent technical stats.

View attachment 178519
This one was a bit of a gamble. He won't slot in straight away but i'm hoping he'll develop into a player that can challenge Trotter and Kelly for the AMC positions.

View attachment 178518
Dawson from Wales, looks like a decent midfielder. I'm not too sure what role i'll play him in, but he should go straight into the starting 11. He's an all round decent player and has some good stats.

View attachment 178517
Another gamble and will be more of a backup player but i'm hoping he'll develop nicely. He's got a good starting block but will take some good performances to convince me too start him regularly.

View attachment 178516
Managed to find this gem on a free. He's a very physical player with some great aerial stats and just look at that long throws attribute! He'll slot in beside Daniels in the CB role.

View attachment 178515
This is a big gamble. Coming towards the end of the season, Buchanan was the only decent option i could find that would help the full backs, mainly the left back, i've a feeling i'm over paying him aswell, but there isn't a lot of option on the free transfer market at the minute.

So that's all my signings so far, i'm still looking to improve, maybe another striker and a few defenders but i need to keep an eye on the wage bill aswell, but i think we're doing okay.

View attachment 178507
A good schedule to start us off. Up first we go to the crabble ground where i face Dover, which will be a nice test, followed by a carling cup tie which i'm not worried about. Stevenage , Bury and Southport are all winnable games and i'm hoping to get one over Doncaster who got relegated along with us. Funny enough, the Blackpool board only want a mid-table finish this year so theres no huge amount of pressure on me.

Blackpool FC
View attachment 178397

August

Dover vs Blackpool
View attachment 178395
This was always going to be a special tie, my first game at Blackpool and my first game against my former employers Dover, whom i showed exactly what they were missing out on. My packed midfield showed exactly what they're capable of with 4 of my 5 goals coming from the central players with Jack McKay chipping in with a goal as well. We completely dominated the game and we were so clinical in front of goal!

View attachment 178356View attachment 178353View attachment 178352
Before i go into the results any further i want to introduce you to our newest and final additions to the squad. I noticed Mason Bennett was available for loan from Derby and he tore the league up last season with Yeovil so i jumped at the chance to get him and challenge McKay for the starting role. I needed to bolster the midfield so i signed two loanees from Brighton. They look like decent players and might challenge for a starting role.

Wigan vs Blackpool
View attachment 178347
A great effort against Wigan and we really deserved to get more out of the game, with McKay hitting the post a few times and some good goalkeeping on their behalf. It was an end to end game in which Wigan scored the only goal not long into the second half with a well worked goal finished by David Henen which ultimately knocked us out.

Blackpool vs Stevenage
View attachment 178345
A closely fought affair which could've easily ended in Stevenage's favour were it not for some great defending from our back four. We were unlucky not to have scored a few goals ourselves with their keeper pulling off some nice saves. It looked to end in a draw but 5 minutes from the Reece Flanagan slotted home after their keeper saved a shot but it deflected right into Flanagans path.

Bury vs Blackpool
View attachment 178343
Mason Bennett started off his Blackpool career in style with a brace which helped us along to a very well deserved win against a tough Bury side. We had a good first half, going into the dressing room at half time with a 2 goals cushion, but Bury came out and battled hard in the second half score 7 minutes in and then again just short of the 70th minute though a penalty which saw Daniels sent off. It looked to end in a draw which i wouldve taken after seeing as man sent off but Molumby scored a lovely freekick after 75minutes which gave us the win.

Blackpool vs Southport
View attachment 178339
Mason Bennett continued his scoring against Southport scoring a lovely volley from a Buchanan cross, just before half time. Max Sanders added to our lead 20 minutes into the second half with a well placed finish. Southport didn't cause too many problems, and may have dominated the possession slightly, but we were the better team for the entirety of the 90 minutes.

Blackpool vs Doncaster
View attachment 178337
I had this fixture pinned as the most difficult game so far, but it didn't turn out that way. We got off to a great start, creating chance after chance and we were awarded a penalty just on the half hour mark, which Liam Kelly couldn't convert. Bennett scored shortly after to hand us the first goal of the game and Marc Roberts nodded in a header shortly after to give us a 2 goal cushion at half time. Doncaster came out flying , scoring 5 minutes into the second half but we shut them out almost immediately, limiting them to long shots. Bennett added another to his tally with a blistering volley from just inside the area.

View attachment 178336
View attachment 178335
View attachment 178334
After a 100% start in the league we're looking good on top of the table with all 15 points having scored 15 goals and conceding 4 which saw me win the Manager of the Month award.

View attachment 178333
Up next we've got some difficult fixtures with Hartlepool and Exeter making a push for the top end of the table but i'm confident we can handle whatever they can throw at us. It would be nice to get through to the next round of the Johnston's paint Trophy but that's not really a priority at the minute.

Finally got a club in a position to challenge mate. Should tear that league with Blackpool and having Mason Bennett! Good luck :)