Football Manager 2008 8.0.2 Patch and January Transfer Update Now Available

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The update includes all of the transfers from the January transfer window and the latest (and hopefully final) patch for Football Manager 2008.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Full changelist can be found here

good lad Sean. Pitty it's not uploaded yet :p

32 mins and counting ;)

Gotta start playing FM08 again. Cant believe Ive neglected it so long for FML.

Best Feature is the English Premier League getting 7 subs after the first season.

cool, its so annoying only being allowed 5

Sorted, didnt know that about the subs. Thats my save game out the window then, was only 3 seasons in anyway :D

From the makers:

Issue - Tottenham become very rich, and Portsmouth poor, in the first season.

Who will it affect - Affects all newly started games with 8.02 data update.

Fix - using the data editor provided with the game, load the 8.02 database into the editor. Search in the "clubs" section for "Portsmouth". Go to the "finances" tab, then "contract clauses 2". Find "Jermain Defoe" (5th from bottom in the list). Change "per league appearances" to "after league appearances".

Issue - Problem with the WWSM Mac digital download data editor, and not being able to find users edited data.

Who will it affect - People who have the Worldwide Soccer Manager digital download 8.02 patch only.

Fix - Go to Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/db

Move files in there to Documents/Sports Interactive/Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008/db

Start game, and the files will be there.

Both of these issues were missed by the test teams, internatl and external, and were human errors. We apologise for any convenience caused, and will likely re-issue the patches at some point with these changes made, but at least these workarounds are easily fixed by the user.

I am getting an error when trying to install the update.

It says something about the data editor being used by another person or program when its trying to updae that file. And then the installer stops, anyone else had this issue or is there a known workaround

Cheerz

Do you have FM open while you're trying to update it?

I am getting an error when trying to install the update.

It says something about the data editor being used by another person or program when its trying to updae that file. And then the installer stops, anyone else had this issue or is there a known workaround

Cheerz

Thats most likely becasue you are seeding the torrent. When you have removed the torrent(not data and torrent !!!!) then you can run the update
(just leftclick the torrent in your "torrentprogram)and then choose remove, torrent)

pelle

or just close the torrent client, run update, once complete re-open the client. SORTED

I can just update straight from original to patch 2 right? Or do I have to get the other patches first?

You can but might be better to go from 801 first.

I can just update straight from original to patch 2 right? Or do I have to get the other patches first?

Yeh you can update straight to this one (Y)

Thats most likely becasue you are seeding the torrent. When you have removed the torrent(not data and torrent !!!!) then you can run the update
(just leftclick the torrent in your "torrentprogram)and then choose remove, torrent)

pelle

Cheerz for the help every1, dont know how to do multiple quotes coz im a loser. Ill try this (Y)

Ive closed the torrent program and removed the seeding torrent, plus fm is closed. Now i have had to reinstall fm and its still not installing, any ideas?

Cheerz