Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is regarded as a spoiler or not, but Arshavin is exceptionally inconsistent. I mean, he is probably the most inconsistent player in the game. Checked him out in the editor and wanted to cry:p

Btw, if you want a 40 goals a season striker, Edinson Cavani is the man. He must be the best poacher in the game. He has fantastic stats and is a very consistent performer. He scored 28 goals in 20 league matches for me after buying him in january...

How much did you pay for him? Tried to get him in the summer but they wanted £40m+ :S

How the **** did you get Tevez and Silva?

At the start of the game he can be signed for something around 25m.

****, tried at the end of the window and they weren't budging.

yeah Tevez is possible but Silva?

Tevez is listed for £51m and won't go on loan so unless he made big money from sales then this isn't possible.

i did sell quite a few players, geez it is possible...just because you guys cant sign them doesn't mean it's not possible!!

you can exchange players, ever thought of that

i did sell quite a few players, geez it is possible...just because you guys cant sign them doesn't mean it's not possible!!

you can exchange players, ever thought of that

Not accusing you of cheating, just can't quite believe it.

And exchanging players very rarely works unless the opposite team is interested in a specific player of yours which makes that a very slim chance of happening.

But runners up in the EPL and Champs League is quite formidable for Arsenal so well done :)

I dont have players like; Ryo Miyaichi, Aaron Ramsey, Arshavin, Koscielny, and I barely have enough players for a reserve team...they were on loan but still
in total I got close to 100mil in transfers come in for players...anything can happen when you get huge offers come in, like the 15mil I got for Song and the 20mil for Sagna

you sold Ramsey?!

You will regret that believe me !

Not accusing you of cheating, just can't quite believe it.

And exchanging players very rarely works unless the opposite team is interested in a specific player of yours which makes that a very slim chance of happening.

But runners up in the EPL and Champs League is quite formidable for Arsenal so well done :)

Exchanges are not that rare now. First day of the game as Everton you get offered 10m and Gio dos Santos for Baines - won't happen in a lifetime 'Arry.

I dont have players like; Ryo Miyaichi, Aaron Ramsey, Arshavin, Koscielny, and I barely have enough players for a reserve team...they were on loan but still
in total I got close to 100mil in transfers come in for players...anything can happen when you get huge offers come in, like the 15mil I got for Song and the 20mil for Sagna

wtf!!!

why ramsey. ! . seriously it just time that will make him a world class CM. and ryo was good to. at least once arsavhin old ,a dn so is Silva, ryo up for the job .

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

off topic q?, but where did u get that face pack from Gilz ??

Finally finished my first season in charge of Arsenal, and it couldn't have gone much better. We won the treble!

English Premier League standings:
View attachment 199632

Fixtures:
View attachment 199637View attachment 199638

Champions League:
View attachment 199639View attachment 199633

FA Cup:
View attachment 199640View attachment 199636

Transfers (first window disabled):
View attachment 199634

Team stats (sorted by average rating):
View attachment 199635

Considering that I disabled the first transfer window, I was very surprised by how well we performed in the first half of the season. Morale and team chemistry must have played a huge role. I could have tried to finish the season without shaking up the team, but it was too tempting to make some value purchases. Hummels was upset with Dortmund's league standing and was all too happy to join, most of the rest of the signings were for youth/reserves anyway, and the Dinamo trio (Kovacic is signing when he turns 18) is simply too talented (and cheap!) to pass up. (Kovacic deserves all the attention he gets, but Badelj is unbelievable. Look at his PPMs!)

Anyway, the combination of a flurry of signings, a few exits, the African Cup of Nations, and some vicious injury spells did make for a tough February (being forced to play Rhys Murphy meant two straight home 1-1 draws to Wigan and Sunderland), but once players started returning to full fitness, we were unstoppable.

I feel a little guilty for winning the Champions League; look at Udinese's incredible run!

I'm very excited to continue this game. FM2012 is by far the best FM game I've played (started with FM07), and Arsenal's squad is extremely promising. Unless I could somehow get Mario Götze, which is very unlikely, I would much rather avoid making huge purchases in the future and watch the young talent in my squad develop.

(In fact, I couldn't resist a peek at FMRTE, to see just how well a certain player might develop, and...)

Ramsey has a PA of 197!

maybe yes, maybe no

it either u dont even have the time to develop him , or ur basing him IRL standard, were is not that great yet, make u sell him.

he's the only person to have a -10 pa . shame on u to sell him.

Getting FM tomorrow out of my birthday money. Who do you guys think I should buy and sell?

Getting FM tomorrow out of my birthday money. Who do you guys think I should buy and sell?

All you need is a Backup CB and New LB as Gibbs is poor in FM imo and maybe buy Hazard

sell the usual Almunia and Squlacci

Last edited:
I'm extremely tempted to try and bring Henry in on loan... Just for the fun of it! Plan on trying a 4-2-2-2 formation with a wide mid, centre mid, centre attackin mid and winger, playing RVP as deep lying ST and Walcott as Poacher?

Status
Not open for further replies.