Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, whoa whoa whoa wait one moment. Baines for THIRTY MILLION POUNDS? Rob Green for £7.5m? Jelle Vossen for ten million?!

What the effing eff?!

needed a LB if he cost 30 M so be it

Vossen for 10 M seems a good deal

as does green for an expierienced backup gk who wont play much

Dude, seriously. Just buy Martin Olsson or Aly Cissokho for half the price. There are a whole wealth of options.

£10 million for Vossen is not a good deal. You can get the likes of Moussa Sow, Papiss Cisse and Kleber, far superior players, for around £10 mil.

That's the whole point. £7.5 mil for an ageing keeper who will hardly play at all? Insane.

Dude, seriously. Just buy Martin Olsson or Aly Cissokho for half the price. There are a whole wealth of options.

£10 million for Vossen is not a good deal. You can get the likes of Moussa Sow, Papiss Cisse and Kleber, far superior players, for around £10 mil.

That's the whole point. £7.5 mil for an ageing keeper who will hardly play at all? Insane.

C'mon I cant take Sow off Lille after taking Gervinho AND Hazard off them thats mean ;)

And on the Green issue i bidded 7.5 M for 5 30+ goalies quickly so i had a backup GK for my next game and Green was the only bid that was accepted

C'mon I cant take Sow off Lille after taking Gervinho AND Hazard off them thats mean ;)

And on the Green issue i bidded 7.5 M for 5 30+ goalies quickly so i had a backup GK for my next game and Green was the only bid that was accepted

I just take a contract expiry/transfer listed/young player as a backup keeper. £7.5m is mental for a single digit number of games, I'd sooner take my chances with whoever lies in reserves/u18.

I just take a contract expiry/transfer listed/young player as a backup keeper. £7.5m is mental for a single digit number of games, I'd sooner take my chances with whoever lies in reserves/u18.

and what if your #1 gets a long term injury your screwed and stuck with some average old/young reserve goalie ;)

and what if your #1 gets a long term injury your screwed and stuck with some average old/young reserve goalie ;)

How often does that happen, exactly? It's all about weighing up risks, and the risk of that happening is in no way worth £7.5 mil.

Turn on Barca mode. If they can't get the ball, they can't test your ****** 'keeper. ;)

I went through the whole of FM11 without a serious injury to a keeper, so it's not worth £7.5m to cover it. There's usually a decent cycle of keepers getting old and leaving clubs you can pick up for free.

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

Fabianski never got injured :(

So Brian Jensen or Damien Martinez who would you put on the bench?

Ip dip doo.

I got Cissokho for 10m! Just as good! Kept Fabianski for backup, as you don't really need backup tbf.

I got Cissokho for 10m! Just as good! Kept Fabianski for backup, as you don't really need backup tbf.

I didn't want to let him leave but he wanted first team football i asked to change his mind and stay but he wanted to go :(

So I go and buy green who on England duty gets injured and out for 2 months :(

I didn't want to let him leave but he wanted first team football i asked to change his mind and stay but he wanted to go :(

So I go and buy green who on England duty gets injured and out for 2 months :(

**** him, your the gaffer, put your foot down. First team football, schmootball.

I never have a GK on the bench.

There, I said it. All of my subs are outfield players. And my second choice keeper is either the best rated youngster in the team or whatever I can get on a free.

I never have a GK on the bench.

There, I said it. All of my subs are outfield players. And my second choice keeper is either the best rated youngster in the team or whatever I can get on a free.

Only problem is, Ches was injured, so I played Fabianski, and he got Sent off in the first half. Lost 5-4 at home to So'ton :'(

Gervinho wasn't a great GK.

Only problem is, Ches was injured, so I played Fabianski, and he got Sent off in the first half. Lost 5-4 at home to So'ton :'(

I remember playing as Chelsea in FM05 (I think it was) and my reserve GK got injured, so I stupidly didn't bring up a youngster to put on the bench. Cech got injured, so I put, of all people, Alexei Smertin in goal. Turns out he was an absolute god: pulled off three point-blankers and one sprawling save from a long range effort. Always held a place in my heart for him since that <3

i , by default have Wojo on teh XI, and fabianski on the bench. almulia can just gtfo ;P , and vito should A) play reserve games, B) loan out somewhere , and C) sell him (bye bye !)

In last year's version I was having an awesome first season as Everton, was leading the league comfortably after some 13-14 matches, and I was facing Liverpool who were absolutely dreadful. I rushed to a 2-0 lead before half time, but Tim Howard got injured with 30 minutes remaining. I put Fellaini on goal (I figured his hair had to be an asset for a makeshift goalkeeper) and ended up losing 6-2. Morale plummeted and my season completely imploded after that, I finished somewhere around 10th place.

I never reconsidered my stance regarding sub keepers though. I always like to have that extra place on the bench for the up-and-coming youngster.

Last night started new Arsenal save cos I fcked things up in the last one. I bought player for over 40m and felt quilty about it. Wenger is having influence on me.

On new save I bought:
- Milan Badelj 4m
- Sime Vrsjalko 3m
- Aly Cissokho 9.5m
- Erick Torres 5m ( 14 goals in 6 games in my youth team. I may need to take him to 1st team now. )
- Sol Campbell Free. Just to become coach in future

Sold:
- Almunia 2m Inter
- Mannone 1.5m Napoli
- Miquel 525k Sporting

And also sent Gibbs on loan to Everton. Luckily for me Baines got injured almost straight away and Gibbs is the first choise LB there.

I'm now using my own tactic which has quite normal back four, three central midfielders, two inside forwards and one striker. Tactic is bringing the best out of likes of Arshavin, Chamakh and Rosicky. Funnily it's not working so well for Robin and Gervinho who've both been alright, but not nearly as good as Arshavin or Chamakh.

Currently I'm top of the table in Prem with 24 goals scored and 3 conceded in 8 games. 7 wins and 1 draw ( 1st game against Blackburn when I was still working on the tactic. )

Status
Not open for further replies.