Football Manager 2012 : Liverpool Thread

Hey guys, I really need a swift answer and I hope you can help me. So I've got some very young players, all minimum 3.5* potential, and can't use them yet regularly because I also got some high quality players. As Reds have some older players who retire relatively early in game (Fabio Aurelio already did, after 2nd season), I want to loan those youngsters to quality clubs, and the club just gave me the opportunity to choose another affiliated club. Which should I chose to ensure my players are getting enough first-team football and play quality games in order to advance? Players are Matej Delac (GK), Domenico Sacchelli (DL), Carlos Fierro and Marco Antonio Bueno (ST)

Depends how good they are really, the best place to send them on loan from Liverpool is to a premier league club so they can gain premier league experience. Its no good loaning them out to the likes of Reading and Southampton if they are not good enough to get played you may as well send them to league 1 or championship sides. So basically is all depends on how good the player is and how good the team you are sending them too is because its pointless if they arnt getting games because they would be better of training with you.

Here is my squad not sure what to add to it now... am halfway through the 3rd season just after December transfer window.
Let me know what you think and also I am interested into which area of the squad I should next be looking to improve.
I am top of the league by 6pts and am still in all competitions.

GK. Reina / Carrizo(free)
DL. Enrique / Robinson
DC. Papadopoulos / Coates / Skrtel / Agger / Carragher
DR. Corchia / Johnson
ML/AML. Hazard / Downing
CM/AMC. Eriksen / Leiva / Henderson / Sigurosson / Gerrard / Shelvey(on loan atm but looking sweet)
MR/AMR. Willian / Kuyt
ST. Doumbia / Cavani / Suarez / Carroll (cant sell :() / Sanogo

Other/ There are still a few players hanging around I cant get rid of cole/aquilani sold adam.
Got Sterling training up gonna be sick.

What should I get now? The team itself seems to be winning most games and should take the league this year no problems.
Hopefully the champions cup!!

Try improving
Cb: Vertonghan, Otamendi, Caulker
Amr: the ox, Redmond, shaqiri
Plus look to get some Regens for cheep

my liverpool team is this
View attachment 250356
so i have signed shinji kagawa, oscar cardozo and robert green.do you think i need to sign anyone else or change anything.i've played one friendly and beat juventus 3-0 ( gr8 result)View attachment 250357
and have getafe coming up so all good at the mo any ideas thanks

Try signing
CB: Vertonghan, Otamendi
AMC/MC: sigurdoson, Torres, phill jones
Young striker:Fierro, Torres

Just started a game with LFC. I got Doumbia for around £15M and am going to test the following line-up:

Reina: GK
Johnson: WBR, support
Enrique: FB, attack
Agger: BPD, stopper
Carra: CD, covering
Lucas: DMC, defend
Gerrard: CM, support
Downing: AML, adv. playmaker, attack
Kuyt: AMR, winger, attack
Suarez: SC, Trequarista, attack
Doumbia: SC, Poacher, attack

Tactic settings: Fluid, control

So far the upsides are:
Doumbia/Suarez
Creating chances

Downsides are:
Ball Possessions
Defensive line getting overrun (might be because of a high closing down on my WB/FB?)
Andy Carroll

I am looking to add a decent backup for Johnson and Lucas, otherwise the squad seems fine for the first season.
My first thoughts are Vrsaljko and Mahamadou Diarra. Any ideas? I paid for Doumbia through 48 months but am not sure the board will back me once again for another big signing...

Still working on fine-tuning the tactics... I will post results and Prnt Scrns later.

Cheers great advice.View attachment 250875

Here is my squad not sure what to add to it now... am halfway through the 3rd season just after December transfer window.
Let me know what you think and also I am interested into which area of the squad I should next be looking to improve.
I am top of the league by 6pts and am still in all competitions.

GK. Reina / Carrizo(free)
DL. Enrique / Robinson
DC. Papadopoulos / Coates / Skrtel / Agger / Carragher
DR. Corchia / Johnson
ML/AML. Hazard / Downing
CM/AMC. Eriksen / Leiva / Henderson / Sigurosson / Gerrard / Shelvey(on loan atm but looking sweet)
MR/AMR. Willian / Kuyt
ST. Doumbia / Cavani / Suarez / Carroll (cant sell :() / Sanogo

Other/ There are still a few players hanging around I cant get rid of cole/aquilani sold adam.
Got Sterling training up gonna be sick.

What should I get now? The team itself seems to be winning most games and should take the league this year no problems.
Hopefully the champions cup!!

Personally I'd try move on Kuyt but by third season he's probably lost all value and I guess you may as well keep him to tutor players as long as his wages are low.

Depends on your formation but I feel you have too many strikers. I know you can't sell Carroll but unless you play with 2 up front 4 strikers is too many, especially with having Kuyt available as a back up.

I'd get at least one more defensive mid as back up to Lucas. Dunno your formation but it seems like you'll be weak defensively in midfield if Lucas is out and you're up against a strong team. I'm only in first season but I signed Sven Bender for 11m (could be more or less depending on how things have turned out for you) and he's been a great signing. Very consistent and plays really well alongside Lucas in a 4231 I use.

Hi anyone can send me a kit for season 12/13 away and 3rd. I'll be very happy.

In my first season and so far Suarez has scored 25 goals in 25 games playing in a 4-2-3-1 formation. I have lost count how many hat-tricks he's scored.

I was top of the league with Citeh just behind, but away draws to Wigan & Everton and a home draw with Newcastle sees LFC lying 4 points adrift on Boxing Day and it was all going so well.....

I only signed Thiago on loan, but made the mistake of a 3 month loan, in error.

Last edited:
Started with Liverpool as I was looking for something more challenging than Chelsea, even though I'm a chelsea supporter! Midway through my first season and the team has been surprisingly brilliant. Only one signing made... Willian for £10 million.
Started off with 4-4-2, but Carroll's form was terrible so switched to 4-2-3-1:
Reina; Johnson, Agger, Skrtl, Enrique; Lucas Adam; Downing/Bellamy, Gerrard, Willian; Suarez

Come January, I'm 2nd in league 6 points behind City. Amazing at home, including wins over Arsenal and Man U (4-1 :) ) but away form is poor against top teams. Lost 3 in a row to City, Chelsea and Everton which took me from 1st to 2nd and 6 point behind. Bought Cardozo for £11 million from Benfica and so far has 1 goal in 2 games, a 30 yard rocket! If i am to win the title, which isn't the actual expectation, i need to be able to win away at old trafford, emirates etc... Any help on how to do that? Also, bought Dries Mertens from PSV for £9 million as Downing and Bellamy have been very poor. Any help on how to get my strikers scoring!? Top scorer is Gerrard with 6 in 30 :(

Sold Maxi and Fabio Aurelio and loaned out Jay Spearing and Danny Wilson for some extra cash. Used the funds to pick up:

Christian Eriksen -- £9M, £35,500/wk -- Great young player. I'll probably sell Adam next year, so I'll have Eriksen and Henderson ready to take over when Gerrard retires.
Sime Vrsaljko -- £800K, £13,250/wk -- Another great young player. A better rotation option for Glen Johnson than Martin Kelly, who I'm using in his more natural central defender role. Also versatile enough to play defensive mid.
Ola John -- Free loan, £2,400/wk, Option to buy for £2.8M -- Lots of upside for this pacy winger, gonna see how he performs and might pick him up for cheap at the end of the season.

Here's my starting XI:

----------------Reina
-----------------
-Johnson---Carragher--Agger---Enrique-
----------Lucas-----------------------
-------------------Eriksen------------
----Gerrard-------------------Downing-
------------Carroll--Suarez-----------

Bench: Doni, Bellamy, Kuyt, Vrsaljko, Coates, Skrtel, Adam

I've got the squad playing fluid possession football and I'm doing pretty well, despite injuries to Agger and Downing. Heartbreaking loss 1-0 at Anfield to United, but got it back in a 1-0 win at White Hart Lane.

How you get
Sime Vrsaljko
Ola John
where i cannot get the player

i'm starting the game with liverpool in 3 different saves, and in one save i won the PL for 3 times in a row, first season i bought gylfi sigurdson for 8mil, he then became PL most man of the match, with lot of assist and few goal with his super free kicks, i play gerrard as AP support in midfield and lucas on DLP support, downing on AML as a winger, kuyt on AMR as an IF, and suarez as a poacher, and suarez did well for me, second season i bought nicolas gaitan to replace kuyt, and i think most of you did not know this, on second season ask steve clark to mutual terminate his contract, then see your transfer budget, it'll rise pretty much ..