Football Manager 2012 : Liverpool Thread

Ive seen a few people saying Luis Suarez is rubbish on FM12, He is not!
He scored 30 goals in the league for me and carried me to fourth with 3-5 points of 3rd,
For half of the season I was clear at the top with 10 points but then halfway through we kept picking up draws and a few sloppy losses.
He also had 46 apps I think and 40 goals in the whole season.
(I trained his composure and finishing)
I played him as a poacher.
The seasons over so if anyone can tell how I can see his stats from the previous season I'd appreciate it, Thanks and YNWA
Edit:
I had PSG in the Best Placed Play-offs for the CL, We lost 2-1 at home due to Nene's amazing 35 yard freekick and and Skrtel's own goal,
The second leg we got off to a good start with Suarez troubling them, Then on the 7th minute Pastore popped up and scored for them, Really bad.. we was 3-1 Down on aggregate, Captain Fantastic then equalized for me in the 46th minute.
It was still 3-2 to them on aggregate, I decided to bring of Shaquri for Downing, in the 88th minute Downing hit the ball into the box from a corner and GOAAAAAAAAAAL Carragher! It went to extra time and my star midfielders, Gerrard and Eriksen condition was low, Erikson on like 27% so I took him of with Kadlec who wasn't in form for me. Shelvey and Abel Hernandez came on..
Hernandez then scored a hattrick in extra time and made me win the match 5-1 (3-6) aggregate!

OT:
Not sure if FM-Base is trolling or it's a co-incidence, there's a Scum United advert at the top.

Last edited:
just finished my second season there...won the champions league nd the premiership (2nd time in a row)...suarez nd hazard wer the driven force behind it wit suarez scoring 40 goals in 33 games nd hazard wit 29 assists nd also player of the season...bought him for 9million wit installments of 7.25mill ova 48 months..he is now worth 30 million on the dot...bought bressan from bate in my 1st season as i needed a cheap amc nd turned out 2 be a great signing...spurs offered me 12 million for him at the start of my 3rd season which i am about 2 start now...play 4-2-3-1 formation wit fluid nd controlling football. short passing,stick to position,zonal marking nd play an offside trap dat seems 2 work decently...oh nd play coates as the lad turns out to be a beast both the milans want him off me...signed ruiz of fulham in my 2nd season was also a decent buy...suarez plays as a poacher wit the ball played into his feet nd jus sit back nd watch the magic happen he is unstoppable...!

No way Suarez is rubbish....

Play him Advanced Forward

Put Dirk Kuyt beside him playing Deep Lying Forward(S)

Watch him destroy the defenders :)
Scored 27 goals for me on first season top scorer for EPL and Europe :)
43 games, 27 goals :D

Do you play 4-2-3-1 with wide players (W/IF) or with 3 Attacking midfielders???

I play a normal 4-4-2

I find 4-4-2 simple

Has anyone found any unusual tactics that work well ?

i have only ever tried 4-4-2 / 4-4-2(diamond) / 4-4-1-1 / 4-5-1 and 4-3-3, The most successful being 4-5-1 with the midfield in a v shape with wingers and Carroll as Target man

ive trained costa to play cm but you are right he is best played at cam.

Bought cavani after the last post and he was unreal in his first season :OView attachment 236954

didnt win the league this season but managed champions league - super cup - club world cup - fa cup and league cup :D

View attachment 236955

My Liverpool

Started a new game with liverpool and my objective is to bring the best out of Andy Carroll! And im pleased that he was not that bad except for some games.
The first thing i did was to offload Fabio Aurelio to Aston Villa for 3.6m, and thx to that i can have more transfer budget since the current wage is also reduced. next was Spearing on loan with a future fee to southampton(forgot hw much was the future fee). Thx to that i have a transfer budget of around 10m. I bought Marco Verratti for 3.8m and tshabalala siphiwe for 525k. Gt a couple of Coaches as well!
Goals: Suarez 8, Carroll 6, Gerrard & Kuyt 3, tshabalala & agger 2, Downing 1. Total:25 + 4 own goals by opponents = 29 goals.
This are some of the screenshots of my game so far and im lying 1st place in the PL (Without Playing cheat! was lucky that the big teams had many draws!)
View attachment 237077View attachment 237076
View attachment 237083 This is my Tactic. :)
Still using Fm2012 V12.0.2

cavani and suarez up front with carroll as a sub is amazing

Started a new game with liverpool and my objective is to bring the best out of Andy Carroll! And im pleased that he was not that bad except for some games.
The first thing i did was to offload Fabio Aurelio to Aston Villa for 3.6m, and thx to that i can have more transfer budget since the current wage is also reduced. next was Spearing on loan with a future fee to southampton(forgot hw much was the future fee). Thx to that i have a transfer budget of around 10m. I bought Marco Verratti for 3.8m and tshabalala siphiwe for 525k. Gt a couple of Coaches as well!
Goals: Suarez 8, Carroll 6, Gerrard & Kuyt 3, tshabalala & agger 2, Downing 1. Total:25 + 4 own goals by opponents = 29 goals.
This are some of the screenshots of my game so far and im lying 1st place in the PL (Without Playing cheat! was lucky that the big teams had many draws!)
View attachment 237077View attachment 237076
View attachment 237083 This is my Tactic. :)
Still using Fm2012 V12.0.2

Who do you use in what possitions.

c the second attachment, that is my best starting eleven. than tshablala may fill my left wing at times. so does downing and bellamy but smetimes i put them in right wing. maxi can play either left right or center as well. verrati can play as DM, CM, AM. carlie adam usually replaces either gerrard or henderson so does jonjo. playing fa cup and league cup with the lower division teams i usually allow some of the reserve team player to be in the starting XI. Thats abt it. just had my first lost against chelsea 2-0 T.T. they climbed aboved me to 1st with a 1 point advantage.

Just started a game with The Reds and my goal is to challange for the Premier League title from the first season. My tactic is: 4-3-1-2. Transfers: In: Leandro Damiao Claudio Marchisio Eden Hazard I want to bring a new DL. Out: Maxi Rodriguez Dirk Kuyt Reina Johson Skrtel Agger Enrique(will try to bring a new player) Gerrard Leiva Marchisio Hazard Suarez Damiao Hope i can callange for the Premier League title.

ho you manager to get Damio, hazard and marchisio on 7.5 mil budget. there is a good 70mil transfer there. I normally get 10 mil max out of maxi and kuyt going.

I updated my game using LFC Marshall's latest transfer update and i got 35 mil transfer budget.

Currently in my 11th season with liverpool and have managed to win countless trophies including leage titles and 3 champions leagues.
The players that have stood out are:
Sebastian Coates - Agger and skrtel never really performed so were quickly sold and i started Coates and Carragher (who managed to stay a big part of the first team up until he retired at 40)
Lucas - Never has a bad game and has probably been the best player in my team over the last 10 seasons, even taking up the captaincy once i stripped gerrard of it.
Jose Enrique - Another player that been a big part of my team, never gets injured or tired and plays well all the time. Usually plays the most games each season after the goalkeeper.

some prospects from the start of the game:
Raheem Sterling - i dont play with wingers so i trained him as a striker. Alough he's had seasons where he's bagged goals for fun but normally doesnt score more than 15 a season... However i think he's finished every season with the most assists and is partly the reason behind carlos fierro bagging more goals than games most season.
Conor Coady - This is a player i never even considered as reports show he would never cut it. But once Spearing left the team i brough him in as back up for lucas and he performed well, unfortunatly left as he wouldnt sign a new contract before he could break into the first team. Under the right guidence i think this guy could become a key player.

I found it was important to improve Youth Facilities, Youth Recruitment and Junior Coaching as i tend to have around 3-4 players each season that come in with 4 start potential. I currently have around 5-6 players in my first team that have come through the academy and have sold alot on for £5m+

View attachment 240131View attachment 240133View attachment 240134View attachment 240135

Last edited:
Has anybody tried selling Joe Cole in the first transfer window in the first season?

Ive been trying but no one seems interested :/

Last edited: