Football Manager 2013 Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen the picture where you can pay to turn off rules? Like sacking, and have a permanent transfer window?

I'm excited for the new version, the graphics look better and I'm hoping the head of youth development is important (I'm going to spend a lot of cash on him). I'm not hiring a DoF until I've sussed out the how they work because I don't want a meddling, blundering fool and I don't want to pay over the odds in contract negotiations.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss match engine changes. In last year's announcement of FM12 Miles explained that the focus in that game wasn't so much on new features as it was on polish, because they were working on a significant overhaul of the match engine (among other) for FM13. What you're seeing in the screens isn't the match engine though, only the visual representation.

While I'd say it's visual style hasn't changed much, once it starts moving you might notice massive changes. He specifically mentioned ball physics last year and I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in this year's announcement as well. If that's right than this year's edition might well mark the first radical overhaul since 2006 (think it was that year).

Other features seem more along the lines of evolution instead of revolution, as per usual. Not a bad thing, they're steadily moving their product upwards and onwards. It's becoming a very comprehensive virtual footballing experience.

m not simply dismissing it.. but i hope these changes are really made as i feel they r d most annoying ones..

Aren't you overreacting just a little here? I mean just because there are a few more staff roles and you can appoint a DoF doesn't mean the game is more about "board related jobs" than managing your players, which is an absurd suggestion to be fair. If anything the introduction of a DoF means you can let him handle the desk jobs so you can focus more the football related stuff. As for training and tactics, the screens don't really show us the finer details. I do notice a Match Plan button though, which seems a very interesting addition to tactics. And surely the Classic mode will help new players get the hang of the game better.

Not overreacting at all imo, the board determines who the technical director is going to be and not the manager who works under that technical director but keep in mind this is my opinion based on the presented screenies.

FM should be more about actually training (meaning you develop detailed training sessions with your training staff) your players and creating your own tactics as well as managing your players...this already is tough enough for many FM players as there is hardly to no "education" in game, if you want proof...just look at how many tactics and training schedules made by others are downloaded and how many questions people have about managing their players.

A layman to soccer (adult or child) should be able to play and understand FM and should be able to find the most basic of information about soccer / tactics / managing / training in game...which currently is not the case.

But like I said, this is just my opinion based on the presented screenies...I'll wait till the game demo is released to draw my final opinion.

Anyone else getting a feint whiff of a complaining thread? Before the game is even released. Sigh. It's either too realistic or not realistic enough. It's not even ****** out yet for gods sake.

Anyone else getting a feint whiff of a complaining thread? Before the game is even released. Sigh. It's either too realistic or not realistic enough. It's not even ****** out yet for gods sake.
I complain about your god reference....:p

Thats not ironic, this would be ironic,
"If your not religous for god's sake say so"

I've found more screenshots, I think look at this and press the arrow on the right to get the new screenshots as the left takes you through old ones
FM 2013 Screenshots | Facebook
I bet it's an advertising leak.

Last edited:
dafuq!!....paid additions to the game? :'(

Looks like board requests will be simplified, I hope it's only in Classic mode.

I wish they'd stop developing the whole media thing with news from the press and so on... maybe it's just me, but its one of those features that i only pay attention to for a first week and then i just click through it.

Otherwise it looks fun, love to see the whole staff and administration aspect become more complex.

Last edited:
Looks like a good game, I've pre-ordered already from their website lol. I've checked their channel like ten times, no new videos, even though it said in the description check on Monday. Hopefully later in the day there will be some more.

the fact that director can be in charge for all transfers is really exciting...i only wonder though if a higher level director can make bigger transfers for the club that seem unrealistic

the fact that director can be in charge for all transfers is really exciting...i only wonder though if a higher level director can make bigger transfers for the club that seem unrealistic
You can make them in charge of all transfer business or some. SI have done a good job allowing us to restrict their interference since it could exclude a lot of gamers.

DoF's are actually really helpful. If you chuck all the players you want to get rid of into your reserves and get him to sell transfer listed players in your reserves, then it saves a lot of time and they usually get a good deal for them.

DoF's are actually really helpful. If you chuck all the players you want to get rid of into your reserves and get him to sell transfer listed players in your reserves, then it saves a lot of time and they usually get a good deal for them.
I hope that is a configuration option on its own as I MIGHT use it depending on how good a deal they can get you.

Status
Not open for further replies.