Football Manager 2013 Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't you overreacting just a little here? I mean just because there are a few more staff roles and you can appoint a DoF doesn't mean the game is more about "board related jobs" than managing your players, which is an absurd suggestion to be fair. If anything the introduction of a DoF means you can let him handle the desk jobs so you can focus more the football related stuff. As for training and tactics, the screens don't really show us the finer details. I do notice a Match Plan button though, which seems a very interesting addition to tactics. And surely the Classic mode will help new players get the hang of the game better.

i personally find that the classic tactics are better because the fm roles for player makes a certain player be imo very rigid in terms of what that player is allowed to do where with classic u can fine tune and give more freedom to players and i get better results from classic tactics

the fact that director can be in charge for all transfers is really exciting...i only wonder though if a higher level director can make bigger transfers for the club that seem unrealistic

i think that the director should not be able to buy and sell players imo because i feel it takes the fulfillment out of getting a gd squad together

i think that the director should not be able to buy and sell players imo because i feel it takes the fulfillment out of getting a gd squad together

You can choose if you want your DoF to sign players or not, there are many options involving staff in the new game, so keep posted for the podcasts and video blogs.

DoF's are actually really helpful. If you chuck all the players you want to get rid of into your reserves and get him to sell transfer listed players in your reserves, then it saves a lot of time and they usually get a good deal for them.

This sounds really encouraging. Having to "offer to clubs" over and over trying to sell unwanted players or loan out youth prospects is one of my least favorite parts of the game.

I want to handle most of my own transfer business - all the buying, and deciding whether to accept big offers for my better players. But if the DoF can do some of the busy work, that'd be great.

You can choose if you want your DoF to sign players or not, there are many options involving staff in the new game, so keep posted for the podcasts and video blogs.

Dunc, are there still Steam Achievements for FM13?

Can't wait. Took a break from fm 2012 and now am just waitting for this. Can I continue my save from fm 2012 in this or are they incompatible?

DoF's are actually really helpful. If you chuck all the players you want to get rid of into your reserves and get him to sell transfer listed players in your reserves, then it saves a lot of time and they usually get a good deal for them.

This is a huge step to help the manager. As someone said, offering a player over and over again, getting no proposals, then see the player go for free and after 1 week, singed for a tiny club was bad for the ego!

Dont like the look of the "Unlockables" as SI probably only added it to get extra money. Also, people will pay to make the game easier only to claim they havent when they do well.

Dont like the look of the "Unlockables" as SI probably only added it to get extra money. Also, people will pay to make the game easier only to claim they havent when they do well.

Well people have two very hard choices to make then. Wether or not to buy them. Besides, it's only a small charge anyway, and it would help as it would go towards making the next game even better (by the looks of it will be a pretty tall order if this one's anything to go by).

And if you read the first page anyway, they are for FMC mode only so it won't make a jot of difference. And also they can be unlocked by playing the game without having to pay by doing certain achievements

This looks like it is going to be the best game that ever lived!!!

Glad they have made the purchasable extras unlockable by other means, it just wouldn't have sat right with me otherwise.

Going to reserve judgement on this one till i see how the demo looks and plays. Screen shots look O.K though.

No matter what is in FM or not, no matter how it "looks", I'll still buy it, year after year.

LIKE the challenge ideas but ill stick to the full game ;) ............... hopefully next year they may introduce the u-18's coach plan ..... like start at a club as youth team manager or reserve manager then going to a club as head manager .... ive wanted that in fm for years they started doing it with internationals but clubs would be epic

I really can't wait for the game to be released, but I am slightly worried though, that nothing has been done with the tactical aspect of the game. I have heard nothing suggesting tweaks and changes has been done to the TC, something I figured was a given.
Today football tactics are clearly divided into two main aspects; in possession and without possession, and I would have hoped we'd now have the chance to create a more flexible tactic for our team. I would want my team to immediately go into out-of-possession-mode when we loose the ball for example, and the other way around, but that really can't be done with the FM12 Tactic Creator.

Still I predict it will be a fantastic game though.

I really can't wait for the game to be released, but I am slightly worried though, that nothing has been done with the tactical aspect of the game. I have heard nothing suggesting tweaks and changes has been done to the TC, something I figured was a given.
Today football tactics are clearly divided into two main aspects; in possession and without possession, and I would have hoped we'd now have the chance to create a more flexible tactic for our team. I would want my team to immediately go into out-of-possession-mode when we loose the ball for example, and the other way around, but that really can't be done with the FM12 Tactic Creator.

Still I predict it will be a fantastic game though.

don't forget there's a lot more changes done that we're still not aware of at the moment. I suspect that it's been amended

That's what I'm hoping for mate.
Over at SI, a member of the ME team said that some of the bugs like three FCs have been removed since they've introduced something called collision avoidance that stops the player going through each other, this means several of the bugs in the ME have been removed including some tactical exploits.

Doesn't look that great tbh. Its meant to be a management game, so when will they put in a realistic trophy cabinet ? That would be the only reason for me to buy a newer version. Takes ages getting FM personalised to my own way, with skins, face and logopacks etc, then they bring out a pointless slightly newer version. We need a TROPHY CABINET and better managers CV etc ASAP !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.