Football Manager 2013 - The Youth Academy Challenge (Let's Play & Discussion)

Some news for next season is that the board has decided us to get "Professional"!

So I have spent some time into contracts (full-time). Also updated the backroom staff, getting the star ratings up. Although some positives, the board decided to downgrade our training facilities. But it was just a matter of time considering the financial state of the club…

Highlights of the youth intake in march:
View attachment 356190View attachment 356191View attachment 356192View attachment 356193

With this challenge, everything gets into perspective and I have never been waiting for March 13th as much as I did now! :)

I just started one but instead of using one of the teams in the combined counties league i changed their name to River Park FC. I have played 18 games so far and have won 17 and have drawn once. I was lucky to get a 5 star rated striker when i started so goals are not an issue. Im really enjoying this save at the moment and am definitely looking forward to see how Jamie's save with South Park will turn out. :D

Some news for next season is that the board has decided us to get "Professional"!

So I have spent some time into contracts (full-time). Also updated the backroom staff, getting the star ratings up. Although some positives, the board decided to downgrade our training facilities. But it was just a matter of time considering the financial state of the club…

Highlights of the youth intake in march:
View attachment 356190View attachment 356191View attachment 356192View attachment 356193

With this challenge, everything gets into perspective and I have never been waiting for March 13th as much as I did now! :)

Looks very good, you've got some quality defenders, which I didnt get in my youth intake.

Youth and Training facilities always decrease after a few years, which is annoying, but understandable. Keep it up!

So... First season is over and it ended with success! Got real tight in the end but took a massive win away against Boreham! A couple of good runs, not South Park FC worthy, but still got the job done ;)

Results:
View attachment 356179View attachment 356180

Table:
View attachment 356181
Had ALOT of draws wich I hope to correct next season...

I've been using a tweaked version of Raikans Complete Madness 433 most of the time. But as I said, got to correct all of those draws so I will add a third tactic for next season!

Congrats on promotion, tight in the end but you got there. Very lucky to avoid the play offs, nobody knows what will happen in them! Good luck for next year.

I just started one but instead of using one of the teams in the combined counties league i changed their name to River Park FC. I have played 18 games so far and have won 17 and have drawn once. I was lucky to get a 5 star rated striker when i started so goals are not an issue. Im really enjoying this save at the moment and am definitely looking forward to see how Jamie's save with South Park will turn out. :D

Good stuff mate. I'll have a new video out tomorrow!

before i start ill menton that im still running fm12 because from what i read it sounds like fm13 has its flaws. i like your idea of youth academy but i feel if you need to change the database your already bending the rules to be like man utd in bottom leagues. im a lower league manager and never that with anyone in the top leagues because its too easy. im doing youth savemy currant save im darford. large catchment area in london, 1.6k avg crowd highest in bsn or bss, 6k cap stadium, 500k in the bank, board approved my request for improving training and youth facilities, youth network and youth coaching. released my coaches and hired 7/8 unemplyed players with good coaching stats on non contracts so basically as long as long as i dont play them i have a free backroom staff.during the course of the season ive sold or released the starting players even the top old players just so i can have have a money making low wage bill and only buying young free agents on £3-£150 per week. i wont lie but i did get a few known old free agents like courago, ben watson and adi akinbye but they only have 1 year deals and mostly tutor the youth propects. promoted througth on 9-8 on penalties in playoff final (final at my ground for some reason) but as i prepare for BSP i have a young squad and look forward to my new facilites when they are built so i can just develop youth. my next request once i have saved up is to turn pro asap so players reach their potential

New video from me, up to the end of January in my first season now.

The Youth Academy Challenge - Episode 4 [The Streak Ends...] - Football Manager 2013

[video=youtube;iqCkIIFTOV0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqCkIIFTOV0[/video]

I'll post some screenshots later on.

New video from me, up to the end of January in my first season now.

The Youth Academy Challenge - Episode 4 [The Streak Ends...] - Football Manager 2013

[video=youtube;iqCkIIFTOV0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqCkIIFTOV0[/video]

I'll post some screenshots later on.

Great video man

Personally, I would like to see more how the club progress. Less of the matches :)

Keep up the good work!

I have a new video today. I'm going to be playing and recording some today so I'll upload a few screenshots later!

[video=youtube;OQi0c83CN30]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQi0c83CN30&feature=youtu.be[/video]

So here we go again!

Another year and another promotion! Not too different to the other season but promotion was our goal and we got there. Had a fairly average youth intake this year but I will post a screenshot of our best intake.

I always keep an eye out when it comes to finances, so I was pleased to see figures back in black after this season! A good run in the FA cup to a halt at White Hart Lane, but the finance aspect of it was superb!

Result, table and intake:
View attachment 359437View attachment 359438View attachment 359439View attachment 359440

Last edited:
Would love to give this a go but just wondering how do I get the lower league database as I only have down to blue square north/south

Cant load players.

Hey i wanted to start this challange but when i choose my team (started with South park fc also ) i only have 2 players available. The rest are greyed out that i have no control over, i can place them in my team but cant train them or sign any of them on contracts. My database is on large with just england selected down to the lowest league available the regional & county primary leagues ,have tried it with a few teams but all the same. Any ideas?

Hey i wanted to start this challange but when i choose my team (started with South park fc also ) i only have 2 players available. The rest are greyed out that i have no control over, i can place them in my team but cant train them or sign any of them on contracts. My database is on large with just england selected down to the lowest league available the regional & county primary leagues ,have tried it with a few teams but all the same. Any ideas?

When you set up the game have you got 'add players to playable teams' ticked? If not then that will be the problem I'd assume :)

I've got a new video today for you guys, im looking to make this save more consistent! 3/4 videos a week hopefully!

The Youth Academy Challenge - Episode 7 [New Season, New Division...] - Football Manager 2013

[video=youtube;WiGOBUyP9aM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiGOBUyP9aM[/video]

Hi im just starting this with FC United Of Manchester,Quick question..are loans aloud? first season,small squad..what am i to do if i have an injury crysis?

Ahhh i thought as much! lucky i didnt bring any in till i got a reply then! lol gonna be a longggg season!

Like the look of this challenge, where do you get the file for the leagues below Conference North/South?