I've wanted to re-boot the youth academy challenge that I started on my channel a while ago, with a new team and a fresh start.
The Youth Academy Challenge Rules (Taken and edited from Neoseeker) -
Mission: To take a low club (eg. from Blue Square North/South) to Champions League glory by being 100% reliant on your youth academy products. Therefore, no signings at all. However, the hiring of backroom staff is allowed.
- To do this, you will need the Football Manager 2013 Database Editor and you can get this like this: Open up Steam > View > Tools > Football Manager 2013 Editor
- Download the Editor and once downloaded, load up the database of the game: File > Load Database...
- Click on Clubs on the sidebar on the left-hand side and search for the club that you will be using.
- Double-click the team and on the left hand side, go to Stadium.
- Change these facilities so it looks like this:
- Do not change any other settings as this will be considered cheating.
- If you're starting in the county league I suggest changing your club from Amatuer to Semi-Pro so you dont get all your players poached right away.
- Save these settings and exit the Editor
- Once this has been completed, create a new game and Enable Changes. Afterwards, choose whatever nations you want and what leagues you want. However, ensure these settings are ticked below:
I looked at quite a few teams that I could possibly be, teams in the Blue Square Prem/South and North didn't really appeal to me. I wanted to start a bit lower, and South Park FC stood out to be due to the name. I previously started the Challenge with Wembley FC, we're trying again with South Park FC. And we're going to document it all on youtube!
The Youth Academy Challenge - Episode 1 [Introduction] - Football Manager 2013
[video=youtube;gAhLlSwda6c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAhLlSwda6c[/video] ***Post Discussion of the challenge, my videos, and anything else related to me or the challenge***