Football Manager 2014 - 14.3 patch

Oh yes, THAT score in particular is a shockingly high one.

I think what he might be suggesting is that in the context of your team having comparable, if not better, SOT and CCCs than the mentioned matches, his his scores are not that high. Certainly I have found that to be true.

Just lost 4:0 against olympiacos with milan after good run...seriously FM, screw you, i am done with this stupid, unlogicaly and unrealistic game.

Period.

Man Utd still too highly rated. Players like Young, Valencia and Hernandez contending for player of the year. They should've been downgraded but instead they get a huge boost in Januzaj. Joke!

Man Utd still too highly rated. Players like Young, Valencia and Hernandez contending for player of the year. They should've been downgraded but instead they get a huge boost in Januzaj. Joke!

There were CA cuts right across the board.

This patch useless my worldwide all leagues database.I'm really **** off

Is there a way of uninstalling the patch?

I tried by deleting the update 1430 folder in the installation folder, the game still worked but still said it was 14.3 despite me removing the 'update'. Not sure what the game was using, unless the game was using 14.2.2 but the FM.exe thought it was 14.3. I'm going to have a play with it...

Am i one of the few who thinks the patch isn't that bad? iget annoyed with the ammount of goals you concede and offside goals but i've got an amazing save going with southampton best fun i've had on fm since 11 or 12.

Am I the only one with this problem? So I started a save with Hellas Verona, and what I usually do is that I look up players I am interested the first day, so I checked Domenico Berardi and I found that I could approach his on a free signing, so I did, gave him 21k + highest possible clauses+ match highest wage and he agreed to come. But as the season started I can't seem to get him to play for me, it still shows that he plays for Sassuolo (which is where he is supposed to be anyways). I checked his contract with me and me and Juve have 2 different contracts for him, but I can't seem to get him to play for me. Any fixes?

after playing a few more games in really focusing on the game, tactics etc I am still not happy with the game.. yes the Hull game I lost 4:0 to was partly down to my approach and the lack of time watching it to try and counter opposition threats.. however, I have experienced some truly shocking results with the same players and similar tactics especially against the smaller teams and especially away from home!

Some games I completely dominate and I play some of the most amazing football I have seen in any Fm (designing a very quick/fast/possession tactic) which is doing well

The game against Chelsea I went in to shut up shop but hit on the counter.. I have never felt so helpless in all my life.. I was just getting battered left right and centre and nothing I did made ANY difference to the game. tried changing tactics, players, instructions.. nothing helped at all.. probably one of my worst defeats in a game :(

Yes you can say I was outplayed, no doubt I was.. but nothing changed anything

The Spurs game was just one open game, it was great to watch but my players missed so many easy chances like 1v1 with no one in sight and miss the target completely or hit it straight at the keeper.. Spurs chances were saved brilliantly a lot of the time by Reina (I am Liverpool) he kept us in the game

Its just very frustrating how at one point you are dominating and the next you get THUMPED! Its very volatile and no matter what approach you use, it seems as though you have already lost before the game is started.. just hope you dont concede more than 1 goal..

I also just got humped by West Brom away from home! 3:1

I was completely dominated again from the first whistle

I also noticed a lot of suspect goals and ruled out goals for offsides.. Not sure if its just me but seems a lot.

I am not having problems with injuries or cards to be honest and also the players are really pathetic! I said to a player give me a season to get Champions League (I took over Pool 3rd season and they finished 14th/8th respectively)

the next day I get a transfer request saying I have not delivered on my promise.. its been one day! Same thing happened when I promised another player I would get in good players... I either have very emo players or something is not right..

@Mike, I do agree with what you said the other day bud.. looking back at it now.. I did not have enough info or time spent on the game to really warrant what I was saying.. I was just ****** off at the time that after having such a great pre-season against good teams that I got hammered so badly...

Overall I still think that there are huge problems with the game but also some improvements.. Going to not play much again for the next several months but I am still disappointed that the game is not as good as it was.. Yes you can say that I am only not enjoying it as I am losing some of the games, quite badly at that.. but even when I win its not great because I know that the next game is going to be a loss or a complete Random result which usually favours the AI

Last edited:
Well, crikey, if Raikan gets p'd off with it, then I'm happier that I'm not imagining my anger and frustration.

@Raikan

To be honest, it just sounds like you haven't played enough FM14. I started my current pentagon challenge as Venezia in Serie C/1A and I've had to undergo a very deep dive into tactics to really improve consistency. I started off like most players on this forum with 2 tactics in mind - an attacking/possession style soccer for home games, and a fast/counter style soccer for away games. I looked at some forum tactic examples and made them into my own to better suit my lower class of players. I also used automatic opposition instructions and mainly affected the game through shouts & substitutions. I also used comprehensive highlights so I could better see what was going on with the match.

This seemed to work pretty well at first, though every once in a while I'd drop a bizarre game here and there. Through luck & constant tactic tinkering without really understanding it all I got promoted to Serie B.

Then I had to delete all my tactics, because brainless attacking/possession and counter/direct pass led me to relegation playoffs. I encountered all the same frustrations that everyone's posted about on the forums. I would go on a 3-game win streak against league leaders, only to drop the next 5 games against bottom of table teams. And yes, the fact that almost all my players were only 1-3 stars had a small part to do with it, but I recognized the larger problem at hand was tactics (specifically, trying to force a group of random players into one tactic designed my random forum people rather than looking at my best players and building a tactic that best suits their strengths and makes perfect football sense), individual player instructions (attacking and defending set pieces), and opposition instructions, especially when the AI changes formations and brings on substitutes.

So I designed 5 or 6 tactics with mixed results and finally settled on 3 to use mid-season in Serie B. My approach was to have one primary tactic (for both home and away games). My primary tactic, however, consistently had problems against 4-4-2 and 4-2-4, so I designed a variation to deal with them (and only against teams that used those formations). My third tactic was a defensive possession tactic to help hold a lead (crowding the d-line and midfield).

I began selecting additional opposing players to mark/close down before the match (because auto-instructions never does enough, I almost always have to add on more). I also had the opposing team's formation and players box open during the match to spot any substitutions or formation changes. Substitutions never have any opposition instructions set unless you manually do them (and I can't be bothered to also check their bench pre-match, so I do it the moment they make a sub). And whenever the AI changed formations, if they changed to my weakness (in my case, 4-4-2 or 4-2-4), I would respond appropriately.

What happened in the 2nd half of the season was I only dropped 3 matches in total, climbed from 14th to 3rd, won the Italian Cup, and won promotion playoffs. I stopped conceding goals to corners. I started converting from set pieces (long throws from goal-line, corners, and free kicks outside their box). I dramatically cut down my off-side shots. I stopped throwing matches after half-time due to AI subs/formation changes. This with a pretty trash team (I had 2 players with 4-star ratings, and 1 with 3.5 stars. All the teams I played had full 4-5 stars)

One of the 3 matches dropped was against a Serie A team which I still won on aggregate. Nonetheless I still managed to beat 2 strong Serie B teams and 4 strong Serie A teams throughout the Italian Cup with a team of mostly 2-3 star players. My underdog team with tactics designed for these 2-3 star players was consistently beating any team that came across their way, most of them fielding 4-5 star players. No cheese, I just do my best to have 50 possession and make sure that most of my shots are on-target and most of my opponents shots are long-range/off-target. And for every 2-3 star first team member, I had another 2-3 star backup player in case of injuries (of which there were many because FM14 trolls hard with injuries, once had 4 of my players with red injuries in a single game)

To conclude, FM14 will be a frustrating game for many players who don't want to invest the time to learn the tactics system. Downloaded plug and play tactics might work, they might not. The latter is more likely if you're not using the same team that owner of the tactic is also using. FM14 will also be utterly confusing to someone who doesn't spend time viewing a match on comprehensive/extended, because match stats and "clear cut chance/goal scoring" moments can only tell you so much - it's more important to actually see what's going right and wrong throughout the match. Are your on-target shots weak-sauce shots from outside of the box? Are your off-target shots from a striker inside the box but who is in poor form? Is your possession in your half of the field (forced to be defensive) or actually offensive possession? Who is making great passes and through balls to create chances, and who is just making boring passes that result in nothing but a small bump in that possession % stat? This is information that actually matters.

Last edited:
OMG this year FM is not fun to play and I too feels like I want to punch my laptop! arghhhhhh!! :mad:

To conclude, FM14 will be a frustrating game for many players who don't want to invest the time to learn the tactics system. Downloaded plug and play tactics might work, they might not. The latter is more likely if you're not using the same team that owner of the tactic is also using. FM14 will also be utterly confusing to someone who doesn't spend time viewing a match on comprehensive/extended, because match stats and "clear cut chance/goal scoring" moments can only tell you so much - it's more important to actually see what's going right and wrong throughout the match. Are your on-target shots weak-sauce shots from outside of the box? Are your off-target shots from a striker inside the box but who is in poor form? Is your possession in your half of the field (forced to be defensive) or actually offensive possession? Who is making great passes and through balls to create chances, and who is just making boring passes that result in nothing but a small bump in that possession % stat? This is information that actually matters.

That, right there, thank you. I've been explaining that to everyone that comes up with "CCC" stats.

When a team dominates and presses high, opposition plays a low block and crowds their midfield. All of their outfield players are mostly in defensive third. So even when a CCC is created, said player has very little room to pass or shoot from better position.

This is also the reason I've found direct running and fast counters seem to be more efficient just like in real life.

That, right there, thank you. I've been explaining that to everyone that comes up with "CCC" stats.

When a team dominates and presses high, opposition plays a low block and crowds their midfield. All of their outfield players are mostly in defensive third. So even when a CCC is created, said player has very little room to pass or shoot from better position.

This is also the reason I've found direct running and fast counters seem to be more efficient just like in real life.

It also doesnt help that the CCC stat in game is horribly vague.

i bought the game.i have a question that how can i play in online leagues?

So explain how to stop a striker taking long shots? I've not selected it in player or team tactics, my striker doesn't have that ability, I've asked them to work the ball into the box and yet all the time he's shooting from well outside the box. It's doing my nut.

So explain how to stop a striker taking long shots? I've not selected it in player or team tactics, my striker doesn't have that ability, I've asked them to work the ball into the box and yet all the time he's shooting from well outside the box. It's doing my nut.

If he doesn't have "Shoots from distance" PPM and You're playing work the ball into box, there's VERY little chance he should take shots from outside the box

Do you use Very Fluid mentality? Also again, does he possession "Shoots from distance" PPM?

pairing two strikers is bad idea. they just keep shooting and no passing

Anyone been seeing any stupidly high scoring games? First game on a new save:

Man Utd 7 - 1 Swansea
Southampton 6 - 1 Sunderland
Chelsea 4 - 0 Cardiff

Rather crazy if I do say so myself

I just saw Arsenal beat Cardiff 7-6 in a premier league match...

So the mods have said no more patches planned, well wont be getting FM 15 then... this is **** poor.