Football Manager 2014 Release Date - October 31st 2013

A couple of days before release, no guaranteed date but it should be then or thereabouts.

Pre-Ordered FM14 from Steam and received a message confirming the purchase however I still haven't got my email to activate the Beta is anyone else having similar issues or if anyone knows how to fix this help would be appreciated

From Steam? No need to get anything from them to activate it. You should be able to just go into Steam>Library>All Games and FM2014 should be listed, just click Install.

The game is in my library although it isn't installed but there is no option to install it

Granted, I'm having to demonstrate with FM2011 here as it is the only one I haven't got installed, however, when the beta was released last week, the button highlighted in red was what appeared for everyone. You haven't got that for FM2014?

Last edited:
I have a feeling it's a problem regarding my Mac, although when i purchased the game I assumed it was cross-platform? I know it's available for Mac however there may be a possibility I downloaded the wrong version.

Yeah, it is cross platform, that shouldn't be an issue. And you received your email receipt to confirm your payment was accepted?

Yeah got the confirmation email, this is why I'm worrying. I think my best option is to contact steam support

Granted, I'm having to demonstrate with FM2011 here as it is the only one I haven't got installed, however, when the beta was released last week, the button highlighted in red was what appeared for everyone. You haven't got that for FM2014?

As a small digression, I got a little curious about what game you've censored out :p

Just to let you know I got it working! I just had to reinstall Steam and it gave me the option to install. Thanks for the help

Am I the only person who thinks that the new Tactics screen is so annoying? The Match engine is also far from perfect. I'm a bit disappointed so far tbh.

Am I the only person who thinks that the new Tactics screen is so annoying? The Match engine is also far from perfect. I'm a bit disappointed so far tbh.

I find it more realistic, although I did love the sliders. But like the devs said, real managers don't have sliders, they have to give their players instructions and hope they follow them.

Match engine is not perfect, there are quite a few defensive and other bugs, but most of these will hopefully be fixed on full release.

As a small digression, I got a little curious about what game you've censored out :p

It's an alpha version of a game I develop for, shouldn't really be shared publicly.

There will be demo version few days before 31st. Can even happen today according to their Facebook.

I don't think they bother now they let you have the BETA version of the game when you pre order from selected retailers.

They better had! All of the FM games I have bought I have had the demo to see if the changes warrant buying the full game straight away or wait till its on offer. Normally around Christmas I can pick it up for ?9.99