Football Manager 2016 update (v16.2.0)

crusho79

Reaction score
To get the update simply quit and restart Steam and your game should update to version 16.2.0.

Updates include but are not limited to the following:

TECH AND PERFORMANCE

Improved match performance on Retina displays
Fixed rare crash on staff responsibilities screen
Fixed crash when trying to send assistant manager to tunnel interviews when no assistant appointed
Fixed game not launching in Full Screen modes on certain system setups
Fixed processing panel not disappearing when using alt-tab
Fixed attributes pop-up ordering attributes alphabetically by abbreviation not by full name
Fixed captain icon not displaying in-match
Fixed Ctrl+F shortcut
Fixed Average Positions & Heat Map options on ProZone panels showing incorrect information during live matches

GAMEPLAY

Improvements to AI transfer & contract negotiations
Players will no longer count being rested for minor cup games towards first team football unhappiness
Fixed issue where players would complain about being left out of a training camp squad when they were away on international duty
Fixed players asking for a new contract and then being unwilling to sign one

MATCH ENGINE

Improved defending of full backs who were tucking in inappropriately
Improved behaviour of backline when deciding to cover out of position players
Prevented ball getting stuck in the crossbar
Fixed instances of goalkeepers being stranded out of goal after being called over to be booked
Fixed some examples of dead time after ball is returned from a throw in following an injury
Improved system of players taking a penalty when on a hat-trick
Fixed some instances of poor back passes and goalkeepers lack of reaction to them
Fixed some problems with Specific Man Marking instruction
Refined referee decision making on offside calls
Improved defenders behaviour when reacting to a ball they are favourite to win
Improved goalkeeper decisions to parry ball back into play when they could let the ball go out
Improved goalkeeper decisions on when to come off their line
Improved accuracy of shots on goal
Refined passing decision making to reduce instances of unnecessary direct and rushed passes
Fixed some instances of a goal being awarded when the shot had hit the bar and not gone in

GRAPHICS

Improved Retina graphics benchmarking (requires cleared cache & preferences)
Fixed issue with black ball on Macs
Fixed extreme and sudden change from rain to shine

IN-GAME EDITOR

Age, Nationality and Wage editable on Profile page for Staff and Players
Fixes to help custom skin compatibility

STANDALONE EDITOR

Fixed Belgium league rules failing verification checks without being edited
Fixed a few editing kit colours issues
Fixed issue with stadium editing which caused some User files to crash
Fixed edit files using the wrong start date when extracted in to the game
Fixed various unhelpful error messages when verifying files
Fixed some crashes on verification on specific files
Fixed some issues extracting certain data edits in to the game

NETWORK

Fixed divergence of results when playing network game between Mac & PC

TOUCH MODE

Fixed obscure nations topping World Rankings at the start of new games

CREATE A CLUB MODE

Fixed created clubs keeping affiliations preventing them from being promoted.
Fixed created clubs not displaying their own kits on Team of the Week.

FANTASY DRAFT MODE

Fixed issue where fantasy draft budget left over is calculated incorrectly

What changes will I experience if I've already started a game before this patch? I'm aware that I won't experience database changes, but other than that, is there anything else I'll be missing out on?

For example, "Improvements to AI transfer & contract negotiations." Is that a database change or will that apply to my game? Hopefully everything under performance, gameplay, and match engine apply to my save.

What changes will I experience if I've already started a game before this patch? I'm aware that I won't experience database changes, but other than that, is there anything else I'll be missing out on?

For example, "Improvements to AI transfer & contract negotiations." Is that a database change or will that apply to my game? Hopefully everything under performance, gameplay, and match engine apply to my save.

Likely means the AI will demand more realistic fees and sign more realistic contracts. But the whole update will apply to started saves since there is no database change.

sherbrooke

Likely means the AI will demand more realistic fees and sign more realistic contracts. But the whole update will apply to started saves since there is no database change.

Cheers, mate.

Yeah a couple of custom skins are causing issues atm. We're looking into it. The list of currently affected skins are as follows:

Vitrex
Andromeda
AndroFlut
Flut
OPZ
Alavanja
WannaChup
AndroFlut
DasZ8 Group skin
DasZ8 beta
OPz Elite

Sucks. I've been using Vitrex and just updated to version 2.0. But hardly a massive issue, especially as either SI or the skinners will have it sorted soon enough. Some of the "outrage" on the SI forum over it.... somewhere between hilarious and really really sad.

Haha yeah, things like this can upset people to a point which seems somewhat irrational, but then everyone is entitled to their own opinions and all that. We have a good laugh in the office if someone goes proper overboard though, which is always good.

To get the update simply quit and restart Steam and your game should update to version 16.2.0.

Updates include but are not limited to the following:

TECH AND PERFORMANCE

Improved match performance on Retina displays
Fixed rare crash on staff responsibilities screen
Fixed crash when trying to send assistant manager to tunnel interviews when no assistant appointed
Fixed game not launching in Full Screen modes on certain system setups
Fixed processing panel not disappearing when using alt-tab
Fixed attributes pop-up ordering attributes alphabetically by abbreviation not by full name
Fixed captain icon not displaying in-match
Fixed Ctrl+F shortcut
Fixed Average Positions & Heat Map options on ProZone panels showing incorrect information during live matches

GAMEPLAY

Improvements to AI transfer & contract negotiations
Players will no longer count being rested for minor cup games towards first team football unhappiness
Fixed issue where players would complain about being left out of a training camp squad when they were away on international duty
Fixed players asking for a new contract and then being unwilling to sign one

MATCH ENGINE

Improved defending of full backs who were tucking in inappropriately
Improved behaviour of backline when deciding to cover out of position players
Prevented ball getting stuck in the crossbar
Fixed instances of goalkeepers being stranded out of goal after being called over to be booked
Fixed some examples of dead time after ball is returned from a throw in following an injury
Improved system of players taking a penalty when on a hat-trick
Fixed some instances of poor back passes and goalkeepers lack of reaction to them
Fixed some problems with Specific Man Marking instruction
Refined referee decision making on offside calls
Improved defenders behaviour when reacting to a ball they are favourite to win
Improved goalkeeper decisions to parry ball back into play when they could let the ball go out
Improved goalkeeper decisions on when to come off their line
Improved accuracy of shots on goal
Refined passing decision making to reduce instances of unnecessary direct and rushed passes
Fixed some instances of a goal being awarded when the shot had hit the bar and not gone in

GRAPHICS

Improved Retina graphics benchmarking (requires cleared cache & preferences)
Fixed issue with black ball on Macs
Fixed extreme and sudden change from rain to shine

IN-GAME EDITOR

Age, Nationality and Wage editable on Profile page for Staff and Players
Fixes to help custom skin compatibility

STANDALONE EDITOR

Fixed Belgium league rules failing verification checks without being edited
Fixed a few editing kit colours issues
Fixed issue with stadium editing which caused some User files to crash
Fixed edit files using the wrong start date when extracted in to the game
Fixed various unhelpful error messages when verifying files
Fixed some crashes on verification on specific files
Fixed some issues extracting certain data edits in to the game

NETWORK

Fixed divergence of results when playing network game between Mac & PC

TOUCH MODE

Fixed obscure nations topping World Rankings at the start of new games

CREATE A CLUB MODE

Fixed created clubs keeping affiliations preventing them from being promoted.
Fixed created clubs not displaying their own kits on Team of the Week.

FANTASY DRAFT MODE

Fixed issue where fantasy draft budget left over is calculated incorrectly

is there anything else I'll be missing out on?

o.png

I had a match freeze last night with the opposition goalkeeper looking like he was squatting near the corner flag on about 54 minutes. The timer carried on, seemingly with my team in possession, and eventually once the clock had wound down (I had to speed up time after realising nothing was moving in the game), I finished with 87% possession and a 1-0 win.

While this is great for my agreed philosophy of possession football, it was a bit annoying. Anyone else getting this issue?

I had a match freeze last night with the opposition goalkeeper looking like he was squatting near the corner flag on about 54 minutes. The timer carried on, seemingly with my team in possession, and eventually once the clock had wound down (I had to speed up time after realising nothing was moving in the game), I finished with 87% possession and a 1-0 win.

While this is great for my agreed philosophy of possession football, it was a bit annoying. Anyone else getting this issue?
Stupid question, but just making sure - this is on 16.2 that you had this issue? Very strange. I've played a lot of matches on 16.2 and not had this at all. It's also been reported for the Beta (where it was a common issue) and for 16.1 (where it was quite rare) but it seems it isn't completely sorted then.

I'm seeing no issues with Wannachup on neither my Mac nor my PC. For me it's just all my tactics that are broken .. Feel like a second season Mourinho here .. :(

anyone suffering short freezes while playing matched and general processing through the email screen etc on mac since this update?

Well I had very few moans about this Football Manager, and this update has killed every single one of them.

Stupid question, but just making sure - this is on 16.2 that you had this issue? Very strange. I've played a lot of matches on 16.2 and not had this at all. It's also been reported for the Beta (where it was a common issue) and for 16.1 (where it was quite rare) but it seems it isn't completely sorted then.

Just double checked - definitely 16.2 - Steam updated before it loaded. It's the first time I've had the issue since I've been playing.

Just double checked - definitely 16.2 - Steam updated before it loaded. It's the first time I've had the issue since I've been playing.
It would be worth reporting it to SI then. There hasn't been reports of this happening at all so far.

At some points it seems to be slower. Perhaps small freezes but since it's when I click on certain buttons it's indistinguishable from simple slowness to bring the new screen.

At some points it seems to be slower. Perhaps small freezes but since it's when I click on certain buttons it's indistinguishable from simple slowness to bring the new screen.

Are you running AVAST anti-virus by chance?