News Football Manager 25 - Latest Update and News Hub

Luigi

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey FMB Community,

Welcome to our dedicated discussion for all the latest news and updates on Football Manager 25! I'll share ongoing developments, feature announcements, and essential changes in this thread. Check back regularly for the most up-to-date information and join the discussion on how these updates impact your gameplay.

Exciting times are ahead, with Football Manager 25 marking a significant shift!

Here's what to expect:

1. New Engine and UI: FM25 moves to the Unity engine, offering enhanced graphics and efficient development. A new tile and card-based UI promises a fresh, streamlined experience.

2. Women's Football: Seamlessly manage men's and women's teams with secured multiple licenses.

3. Feature Changes: Some features, such as Touchline Shouts and Create-A-Club, are being reworked or temporarily removed to focus on core improvements. Here's a quick rundown of what's going to be missing:
  1. Touchline Shouts: Removed for redesign.
  2. Create-A-Club: Temporarily removed.
  3. Versus Mode: Removed to focus on core game improvements.
  4. Match Experience: Some minor features were removed for enhancement.

4. Esports Collaboration: Partnering with FIFAe for an invitational FIFAe World Cup of Football Manager.

Check out the full update for more details here.

What are your thoughts on the new UI?

Excited about the "real" eSport test?

How do you feel about the temporary removal of some features?

Join the discussion and share your thoughts on the upcoming changes!

Or join us on our Discord Server!

Screenshot 3_EN.jpgScreenshot 2_EN.jpgScreenshot 1_EN.jpg

In the Official Premier League License announcement, the new FM Logo was shown.

Current logo:

FM24 FILLED-Light.png

New logo (screenshotted from the video):

logo screengrab.png

What do you think?

Ugh, the new interface, the "portal" looks like its designed by someone born in 2006, who wears sunglasses indoors and calls football "soccer". In other words, unnecessary. Well, that's based on given information.

Are they going to brong back player fines? I really miss that feature :confused:

Are they going to brong back player fines? I really miss that feature :confused:
They wont if they want to keep it realistic. Its forbidden to fine players IRL because 'bad performance' is subjective.

They wont if they want to keep it realistic. Its forbidden to fine players IRL because 'bad performance' is subjective.
True, but for innappropriate behavior should allow more fines, specially when they keep slacking on training.

And speaking about realistic, when they will makes players transfers fee realistic? I never undesrstood how a player that doesnt play for 3-4 year consecutivly cost 30-40M, even if it's young player. I dont remember wich version it was, but theres was one CM where even star players could change from one year to another accordingly with their performances.

True, but for innappropriate behavior should allow more fines, specially when they keep slacking on training.
Again, 'slacking' is subjective.

And speaking about realistic, when they will makes players transfers fee realistic? I never undesrstood how a player that doesnt play for 3-4 year consecutivly cost 30-40M, even if it's young player. I dont remember wich version it was, but theres was one CM where even star players could change from one year to another accordingly with their performances.
Probably never unless they redesign reputation system.

Here's the latest news:

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE: FOOTBALL MANAGER 25​

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/development-update-football-manager-25-0

Here is a quick summary:
That's Miles' latest FM25 dev update, and there's quite a bit to unpack. There is some good news and some... well, let's call it interesting news.

First up is the release date. It looks like we'll be waiting a bit longer this year. FM25 is now slated for late November instead of the usual early November launch. Why? Well, Unity engine migration is proving trickier than they thought. As expected, forcing the devs for this year's engine change instead of next year meant compromises needed to be made.

Here's probably the worst news: international management is taking a break this year. It won't be a playable mode in FM25 (except in the Mobile version). Miles says only about 5.6% of FM24 saves used it, so they're pausing to revamp it for FM26. So they can spend more resources on improving/re-implementing other areas of the game.

On a brighter note, Miles teased some exciting stuff about Women's Football integration. Sounds like they're going all-in on authenticity, allowing seamless management between men's and women's clubs in the same game world.

Oh, and a small but interesting change: player weights won't be shown anymore. Apparently, this is part of making the game more accommodating for women's football representation.

What do you all think? Are you excited about the Women's Football integration? Are you bummed about the international management pause? Let's hear it!

In our Discord server, we discussed it, and some users are sympathetic to SI's challenge of overhauling the game engine, recognizing it's a massive undertaking. Others question the decision to rush Unity into FM25 instead of taking more time with FM26.

There's also a lot of debate about the yearly release model. Some are frustrated with buying what feels like a similar game each year, comparing it to the FIFA series. The potential loss of features like backward save compatibility (which we just got in FM24!) is concerning.

A few are predicting FM25 might be a rough transition, with some even suggesting many players might stick with FM24 for a while. There's also speculation about possible further delays and missing features like the pre-game editor.

It's clear most feel the changes are too drastic or poorly timed.

What's your take on all this? Are you planning to jump to FM25, or will you be sticking with FM24 for a bit longer?

Until today, there has been no tangible visual or trailer sharing about FM25, and in all the ‘development updates’ articles, they told us what they took out of the game. What a gamer wants to hear is not what is missing from the game, but what is added. The last development update shows us that SI is in a crisis and they will not be able to release the game on time.

The fact that they blame the removal of the national team management feature on the fact that very few players play it is a big excuse. If you ask me, gamers don't manage national teams in the game because this feature sucks. Why should gamers prefer a mode where you can't even train, where there is no possibility to adapt your players to your tactics? Not to mention that they never bring special updates to the game for the World Cup or EURO like EA FC did.

Removing players' weights is absurd. I don't get the whole ‘We're adding women's football to the game’ thing either. Nobody cares about women's football, sorry. After opening a career to try it out once or twice, all players will go back to their careers in men's football. This is a huge waste of time for the developers.

The real innovations that FM players want to see are an improved tactics screen, better match engine, the ability to monitor/manage training sessions, the possibility to spend our personal fortune, a director of football mode etc. The developers ignore these wishes of the players and focus on things that nobody cares about.

The lack of news of new things added to the game, on the contrary, only the news of the things they have removed from the game and all these delays give me the impression that the developers have messed up this job. It's also funny because SI has been making money by releasing the same game with a makeover for years and it seems that they have forgotten how to "develop" games. They should not release a new game this year and release a complete game next year to justify the money they have earned from players for years without developing almost anything new.

Shame they are killing the national team management, specially because it's a path that they built onto this end, there as been awhile since we would actually get invited to manage one nation our if we applyed we wouldbe accepted more often and they never actually did anything to make it more attractive.

For me the game being delayed a couple of weeks it's not a big issue. If that means it will come better than if it was being rushed and delivered with a bunch of bugs and glitches that would require multiple patches to fix I'm all for it.

International management is also not a big deal for me as I always felt this feature is way too underdeveloped so never used it. Once again, if it not being in this year's version means they can focus their efforts in making other aspects of the game better it was a good decision. Also if they can improve it to a point it actually becomes enjoyable managing international teams for FM26 I don't mind waiting for it.

The weight missing also doesn't affect me because I never looked at it to be completely honest as it doesn't really change anything in a way players play.

However, the lack of new content being announced is a bit concerning but I'm hoping they are not announcing anything yet because things are not how they want them to be yet.
Let's hope we get some good news in the end of this month though.