hadyncity

Reaction score
Best ever signing?

In football manager signing players are the key to keeping a team in the division or winning the Champions League. Sometimes you need a world class signing that will help your team a lot. This could be a youngster or an experienced player that didn't cost much money and turned out be a quality signing.

But what I want to know from you FM players, what is the best signing you have ever made on Football Manager. This could be on any football manager you have played.

Mine would be on Football Manager 2006 when I started a save with Everton and signed Lionel Messi. Unfortunately I have deleted the save when I stopped playing the 2006 version.

Feel free to post screenshots of the signings and tell me why they were a superb signing.

I will be looking forward to see the signings that people have made!

either balanta or doria great centre halfs on the game for me, I always sign either or both of them for every club i manage as they do a great job at defending and also contribute with a few goals each as well.

On FM14, It has to be James Rodriguez for Newcastle. Has ridiculous stats, and cost me £8.75 million after the second season and was insane at AML, he didn't want stupid wages either.

Balanta... I used Genie Scout to find that in my save his CA was 198, and I'm in my first year and he has broken into my United squad already. (Only because I am using LFC Update so Vidic had left, and I didn't buy a direct replacement for him so currently I have Jones and Balanta as my first choice in my 1st season)

Can't wait to see the Phil jones and Balanta partnership on my United save in the coming years!

Papa Waigo was my best ever signing. I wish I could remember which season, but I want to say around 2000. 19 pace and finishing = 100+ goals per season. :) Oh and his cost was less than $1 million

fm 12 got carlos fierro and in the end of the season he played all the cups and league games for tottenham we were on the cl to and we won title that year the league, capital one cup, fa cup, FIFA Club World Cup won the champions league anso he got to the final of the world cup with mexico that year and lost 3-2 he scored the 2 goals in the end adding all the goals including international games and the friendlies he got like 100-110 goal in total in the end of the year it was incredible

FM11 i think. Diego Bounanotte!! signed him in all of my saves for around 2mil and he turned out to be a world class player!!1

and tht was a find of my own!

I was also the person who discovered Rotariu on Fm14... claim to fame!!

Papa Waigo was my best ever signing. I wish I could remember which season, but I want to say around 2000. 19 pace and finishing = 100+ goals per season. :) Oh and his cost was less than $1 million
From Verona right? Or some yellow team. I used to sign him to my Parma team all the time.

Pretty sure it was CM01/02 or CM03/04. He was my go-to back then.

Also throw into the list that Lithuanian guy who used to bang in 45 per season. Forget his name? He was like 27 and playing for Sampdoria I think. Also Palombo on the older titles used to score from near on half way for me on the regular XD

Also I used to sign Tuncay Sanli for free transfer when he was at Sakaryaspor for Fenerbahce. Two years later he signed for us for real. So I felt like that was my best transfer ever because no one knew about him quite literally. He was a youth at Sakarya and I'd seen him play in the preseason so I thought "why not".

Would have to be a Brazilian guy I signed in FM11. Can't remember his name though sadly as I'd love to see how he's doing now.

I started unemployed and got the Adanaspor job in the Turkish first Division. Needed a striker and I was allowed 1 foreign player in my squad so i bought a 22 year old Brazilian. He was decent pace, agility and finishing as well as being technically sound. He was at one of them small second division Brazilian clubs so I got him for about 10k.

He went on a blitzing streak in his first season, scoring about 20 goals and pretty much won us promotion and then he scored about 15-23 a season for the next 3 seasons and even got us to the Europa League Group stages. (keep in mind we wen't one of the big Turkish clubs, anything above mid table was huge for us).

Ended up getting a bid from Inter for 10M and well, you can't say no to 9.9M profit on a player :p

FM13 Leon Britton, Ha i know, but he constantly got me 90+ passes a game and kept the midfield perfect, cost me like 1.4m or something silly and was my best player for 2/3 seasons.

The guy I meant before was Edgaras Jankauskas. He was playing for Real Sociedad at the time and I always used to buy him on CM01-02. The year after that he went to Porto when some unknown mug of a manager named Mourinho bought him for his CL winning Porto side as the experienced backup. But yeah he was amazing for me in CM/FM history along with Papa Waigo, Tuncay Sanli, Julius Aghahowa and my all time unstoppable favourite goes to a certain Romelu Lukaku from Anderlecht. He was already pretty well known in football circles so unlike Jankauskas and Sanli it didn't require a subscription to cable TV to know they're good (though an internet connection surely helps) ;p~

From Verona right? Or some yellow team. I used to sign him to my Parma team all the time.

Pretty sure it was CM01/02 or CM03/04. He was my go-to back then.

Also throw into the list that Lithuanian guy who used to bang in 45 per season. Forget his name? He was like 27 and playing for Sampdoria I think. Also Palombo on the older titles used to score from near on half way for me on the regular XD

Also I used to sign Tuncay Sanli for free transfer when he was at Sakaryaspor for Fenerbahce. Two years later he signed for us for real. So I felt like that was my best transfer ever because no one knew about him quite literally. He was a youth at Sakarya and I'd seen him play in the preseason so I thought "why not".

You're right, it was Verona. That was right around the time when Leeds had all the great young players as well, like Alan Smith. Andri Sigporrson was another.

Georgini Wijnaldum FM14 can sign him after a season or 2 on a free and hes usually ATLEAST 10goals 15 assist a season
Mauro Bollino is a world class player aswell on FM14 and can sign for around £3-4m

In CM 96/97 Jason Peake for Rochdale was an absolute monster, had so many assist's it was scary. Obviously Gabriel Batistuta and Benito Carbone were class. In (I think) 99/00 and the whole Peterborough were worth a purchase as well no matter the level of your club.

OMG Francis Jeffers was also absolutely brilliant.

I could go on for hours with this lol

I forgot about Tonton Zola Moukoko all time legend in 99/00 and I always brought Ibrahima Bakayako (shame real life wasn't the same) Marc Emmers used to be a good solid free transfer and lastly Freddy Adu, that kid could start in the premier league at 14 and just keep getting better and better[h=4][/h]

Michael Woods from Chelsea on a free to my Oldham team after a season long loan where he helped me get promoted. He became a prolific AM, scoring 18 goals and finishing mid table in the championship the first time around scoring goals from 25yards plus on a regular basis, Burnley then bought him before he made his way to Spurs and England as the Lampard. I re-signed him when he was 31.

Michael Woods from Chelsea on a free to my Oldham team after a season long loan where he helped me get promoted. He became a prolific AM, scoring 18 goals and finishing mid table in the championship the first time around scoring goals from 25yards plus on a regular basis, Burnley then bought him before he made his way to Spurs and England as the Lampard. I re-signed him when he was 31.

Were you still at Oldham?

Yeah always am, and got him when he was 31 after a few years in the Championship when I won promotion.

Anthony Knockaert from Leiccester around £6m in 2014 game. Score score for fun and creates loads anywhere along the front 3 or up front. Noit quite beast stats but always does the job and gets important goals