AussieOchoa

Reaction score
I sit here wondering what type of story to write, trying to make it unique. I chose to play as Bayern Munich, one of my favourite teams, very strong with the likes of Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery, Phillip Lahm and many young stars coming through. I wrote out an OP about four times, changing the style each time, but each time becoming more and more disappointed with what I have come up with. I have spent a good three hours trying to start up this story, and then I realise, Football Manager is a game, and I am the real person, I just write it about me. Not the characters, not pretending it’s real, writing my feelings, my thoughts and everything I go through with my career in this game.

At first I chose to make my characters name Stephan Beckenbauer, Franz Beckenbauer’s real life son and an U17 coach at Bayern Munich. This took a bit of research and was a bit of a waste of time when I got to this point. With Spiderman on in the background, it is a bit distracting writing this up, so sorry for any spelling or grammatical mistakes I make. My laptop is a piece of ****, so it takes a while to load up the game, but eventually it works and I can get started. Bayern as choice of club, I skip through the usual messages at the start. I get 30 million pounds to spend on players, I like that, a lot. I like to spend a bit of money, but that isn’t necessarily good. I’m going to try and change that for this game.

I spend my next hour or so arranging tactics and deciding the positions I need to improve on. The goalkeeping position and left back position are ones that look dire. Hans Jorg-**** is very old, and isn’t even that good, but could turn out to be a good coach in the future. Edson Braafheid, the left back, is also bad for a team of Bayern’s standard, but quality left back’s are hard to find in this game, so I might need to spend for the future. Also a young midfielder would help to replace van Bommel in the future.

So this is it for my first post, I hope you like the idea, but it could be a MASSIVE failure. Please comment on how I can improve and how you like this idea so far.

Last edited:
I kind of like this style of story. Just play and tell us the reasoning behind your desicions ect. and it should make for good reading.

Liking the start, seems unique to other stories on the site, Il follow :)

Now I move onto transfers. Ochoa, of course, but no. I'm trying to be different, I buy Ochoa to much, and even though I love him things must change. David Ospina looks a good prospect, also easy to unsettle him a bit. 10mil the max I would pay for the 21yr old. But I am prone to negotiations.

Moving on to the left back position... Fabio Coentrao? No, so commonly. Dodo? Same problem. Marcell Jansen looks decent... not strong enough at the back. Here we go... Alex Sandro, minimum fee release clause of 5.5mil. 3 & 1/2* potential in this young lad. This leaves Braafheid as a starter for a year or so, but gotta sacrifice some things.

Centre back position, need a young starlet... or just buy Lugano. Decisions, decisions, decisions. I want someone to grow alongside Badstuber so I will go for a young hot prospect. So many options, I'll probably go for a German player. Omer Toprak or Stefan Reinartz? Toprak, bit cheaper because Freiburg are a smaller club and need some money. Toprak for about 6mil hopefully.

Then to look for a replacement for van Bommel in the long run. Sven Bender looks brilliant, but at Dortmund, it would be tough to buy him. But little did I know, he was unsettled, yes, 3.8mil for the young German Ball Winner. An absolute bargain for a future star.

The good thing about all these players is their age and their wages. The highest was Ospina at 17k a week, and the lowest was Alex Sandro at 6k a week. Good money for young players I thought.

Now I will be in the hunt for young regens, bargains and cheap hot prospects.

Transfers at this point of writing.

David Ospina - 10 mil - From OCG Nice
A good transfer for the club, with the squad lacking in the goalkeeper position, he should solve that for the next 10 years, and more. And if I can get **** into coaching and tutoring he could become one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

ospina-decouvre-le-froid-nicois_14776.jpg

Omer Toprak - 6.5mil - From Freiburg
Future German International, was unsettled at Frieburg and I picked him up for a discounted price. He should form a good relationship with Badstuber heading into the future years.

23358_186x236.jpg

Alex Sandro - 5.5mil - From Santos
Another future star, again focusing on defence, the future looks like clean sheets for Bayern with all of their future defenders looking like international stars. For 5.5mil, he is such an amazing bargain.

alex_sandro292_reproducao_santos_fc_04032010.jpg

Sven Bender - 3.8mil - From Dortmund
Surprisingly cheap from one of our title rivals, but again unsettled, so couldn't expect any less from Dortmund. Another future German star in my eyes, looking forward to his development.

Sven_Bender.jpg

Two transfers out gained us 1.5mil for **** players. Also looking to sell 3 more players, but don't know if anyone wants them, wouldn't blame other teams.

Last edited:
I sit here, getting ready for my first match with Bayern, well first competitive. We have drawn Osnabruck in the first round of the German Cup, this should be a good game to get the team to gel. Mario Gomez has received an injury that has put him out for this game, but Klose is more than capable of stepping in. I chose my lineup after some careful consideration and finally chose this...

Ospina
Lahm - Van Buyten - Demichellis - Alex Sandro
van Bommel - Schweinsteiger
Altintop ------ Muller ------ Ribery
Klose

miroslav-klose.jpg

Ooft!

That is a very strong lineup, even missing Robben and Gomez, so we should get across the line in this game.

Van Buyten opened the scoring in the 11th minute. Yes, the first goal of the season. I was considering selling Van Buyten, he has proved me wrong instantly. Then came a **** up, van Bommel dived into a challenge just outside the box, straight red. Ref are you ******* kidding me, get some glasses. Oh well, Klose off for Sven Bender to provide a stable defence again. Bender getting his debut, he must play better than van Bommel!

25th minute and we double our lead, Van Buyten again! You beauty! He can do that all day for me, good work son. I assure you I am not using any corner bug whatsoever, he's just a beast!

The rest of the game plays out with us dominating. I plead for more goals, but playing a strikerless formation normally doesn't bring goals. Our shooting was atrocious, only 25% of our shots were on target, that will HAVE to improve, Gomez should fix this.

A 2-0 win for my first game, I'm content. Could have and should have been more, so the squad know what's for training this week, or month.

5439.jpg

How Beautiful

---

Oh yeah, stuff Champions League btw. Got drawn with Lyon, Tottenham and AIK. UEFA is rigged. Not really, but come on, that's a bit unfair when the easiest group is Barca, Dynamo, Zenit and Salzburg. Surely Barca have paid off some one, where can I bribe these people I wanna know.

---

Next match updates will be in groups of 3 and 4, or just monthly, depends how I'm feeling :)

Liking the update, some good signings for the future, keep it up!

August

---

Already told you about my German Cup game which kicked off my career with Bayern, a 2-0 win after a brace from Van Buyten. Solid, yet lots of room for improvement. We drew FSV Frankfurt in the 2nd round.

---

First game in the Bundesliga, Leverkusen the opposition, Allianz Arena the venue. I expected a win, but wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw, depends on how the game went. Another strong lineup...

Ospina
Lahm - Demichellis - Van Buyten - Alex Sandro
Schweinsteiger - Bender
Altintop ----- Muller ----- Ribery
Klose

Bender getting his Bundesliga debut for us, as well as Alex Sandro and David Ospina. A youthful side with four U21 players in the starting 11.

Hamit Altintop got the scoring underway early to give us confidence only 15 minutes into the game. Great effort from the Turk setting the Allianz alight for the first time this season. Altintop's game went from good to bad as he had to leave the field in the 30th minute. ******* scumbags Leverkusen are, just 'cos he scored.

HamitAltintop_1285657.jpg

Hamit or Halil? Hamit... maybe.

With Altintop off, the chance came for Kroos, he needed to shine, but he didn't in the last 15 minutes until halftime. A very dominant first half, pleased with the team, although we're still having problems finishing. Needs to improve or else we will not win a lot of games.

And that was our problem. Patrick Helmes drew it back to 1-1 with a quick counter attack that left Ospina yelling at his defence. Poor attack leading to poor defence, could we win though?

No, I have to settle for a 1-1 draw. Adler was the hero this game for Leverkusen, yet did not receive the man of the match award. Ribery did, he was simply fantastic, proving that he is truly one of the world's best players.

franck-ribery.jpg

Sexy ehh?

So we draw our first game, need to improve for our next for sure!

---

Our first away game of the year, a trip to Hamburg to face one of our title contenders, Hamburg, who would have guessed. We lined up the same, except for one little change...

Ospina
Schweinsteiger - Tymoschuk
Altintop ----- Muller ----- Ribery
Klose

Tymoschuk given the nod ahead of Bender because of his experience, and with the idiot van Bommel injured.

Another bright start, but again finishing the problem, and we walked into halftime with only a one goal lead courtesy of that man, Mr. Van Buyten, who has enjoyed an amazing start to his season. I gave them a bit of a talking to at half time, told them I was disappointed, except the goalscorer.

The second half was much the same, although we did go 2-0 up through a Tymoschuk penalty. Tymo set up Muller with a lovely through ball, before he was taken out by a random defender. Tymo stepped up and placed it into the bottom right corner past Rost in goals.

Anatoliy_Tymoschuk_Zenit_589118.jpg

It was too easy? Do it blindfolded!

We dominated the game, only allowing Hamburg one shot on target all game. We walked away with three points after three goals, yes three (Kroos in the 90th minute), and I was pleased. Three against Hamburg is very good, no swearing for me today, well after halftime.

---

That was it for August. I don't have a league table cos I'm an idiot and I forgot. I wanna say we were in... 6th? IDK, I'll remember eventually. Next month is a big month for us...

vs Stuttgart - Home
vs Tottenham - Home
vs Wolfsburg - Away
vs Freiburg - Home
vs Gladbach - Away
vs Lyon - Away

Cya then :)

Good update. The next three games will be interesting :S

Nice update there bud :) Next month will be a toughie ;)

A new contender for my favourite story! Loving it, keep up the good work!

September

---

The start of a tough month came in the form of Stuttgart at the Allianz. Gomez made his return from injury this game, and Tymoschuk given the nod again over van Bommel...

Ospina
Lahm - Demichellis - Van Buyten - Pranjic
Kroos ----- Muller ----- Ribery
Gomez

The starting lineup looking strong as always, however, the team started slowly, and we went down 1-0 in the 2nd minute. Are you ******* kidding me, the SECOND minute, gotta get our act together quickly, and we did. We dominated most of the first half from there, and went into halftime 2-1 up after goals from Schweinsteiger and Van Buyten in the last 5 minutes of the half.

27180_news.jpg

You scored, be happy!

Shortly after the restart Kroos made it 3-1 after some nice work from Pranjic galloping forward from the wing back position. We looked home and dry for all money, but Stuttgart had other ideas making it 3-2 with half an hour left. **** sake boys, your called defenders for a reason you know! We managed to play out till the final whistle, and only just held on for the win.

1204131094kross.jpg

Time to hit the booze after that winning goal?

---

The Champions League was back at the Allianz, and it was Tottenham that traveled from England to play. Ribery had picked up a slight injury last game, so he would be on the bench to start, and this is how we lined up...

Ospina
Schweinsteiger - van Bommel
Kroos ----- Muller ----- Pranjic
Gomez

Also van Bommel came in for his first start after his red card, dumbass better not get sent off! The first 10 minutes were very even, both teams wanted to get this win, but were cautious. Eventually Gomez broke the deadlock on the half hour mark. A great start to the match for us, and we pushed forward to get a second goal.

Mario%20Gomez.jpg

Ehh, just another goal...

Unfortunately, we pushed up to far, and Modric brought it back to 1-1 before halftime. ****, now we have to score again, shouldn't be a problem... right? We attacked the whole half, playing brilliant, except for one tiny problem. Gomes was on fire. They counter attacked in spells, but never looked overly dangerous. But I was wrong, again. Lee Sims scored in injury time to give Tottenham a 2-1 win. Lee Sims, who the **** is that, no seriously, never heard of him. But ******* ****, a loss from injury time. My first loss as Bayern manager and it hurt cos we deserved to win that.

Normally I would put a picture here, but no pictures of Lee Sims, is he even real?

---

Alright, next up, Wolfsburg, and I was ******. If we did not win this, I would, well IDK, I couldn't really slap the players ayy. Anyways, we started like this...

Ospina
Gomez

The game started brightly with Muller setting the travelling fans into party mode with a 15th minute screamer. Contender for goal of the month, surely, but knowing FM, yeah right. Very happy with Muller, he has been playing well so far and deserves his goal, the goal that gave us a 1-0 lead at halftime.

ThomasMuller_2361675.jpg

Boom, boom, boom!

Ribery scored right after the game to most likely put the game to bed, and it was the end. The game ended 2-0, a great bounce back result, very happy with the lads. Good effort, very entertaining match, and our finishing was finally good, very good match.

aaa_280x390_391166a.jpg

Your ****...

---

Next up was Freiburg at home, and I wanted a thrashing here. We have been inconsistent in the Bundesliga, and we needed to send a message to the other teams here. After last games good result, why would I change the lineup?

Ospina
Gomez

Van Buyten continued his great start to the season with a 6th minute goal, a top class header into the bottom corner of the net. Gomez double that lead before halftime and a hammering was on the cards if we repeated our first half performance in the second. 2-0 up and looking good, nothing could go wrong... right?

29502.gif
Mario_Gomez800x600_560067.jpg

Twins of Death?

And yeah I was right, we demolished Freiburg. Van Buyten scored his second, only 5 minutes into the half, for his second brace of the season, before Ribery finished it off with a beautiful curling shot from the edge of the box. A good result, need to carry this form throughout the season, but can we?

FranckRibery_1285656.jpg

Top form, in football, not looks...

---

Last Bundesliga game for the month, and it was Gladbach's turn to cry for their moms, although the final score did not reflect this. Just one change to the lineup, Badstuber in for the pooped Alex Sandro...

Ospina
Lahm - Demichellis - Van Buyten - Badstuber
Gomez

We totally dominated this team, only allowing them one shot the entire match, and even then we blocked that shot. Unfortunately our shooting was horrible as well, with only 3 out of 17 shots going on target, although one of those did go in. Schweinsteiger's 77th minute header gave us a deserved 3 points to take back to Munich.

---

Now for the big match of the month. Lyon, in Lyon. We needed to win this, or we might as well say hello to the Europa League. Ribery again showed his horrible fitness by warming the bench...

Ospina
Gomez

It took till the 43rd minute for someone to break the deadlock, and that man was Mario Gomez. He sent us into halftime in a good mood after his strong strike that left Lloris stunned. We went up 2-0 through a Kim Kallstrom own goal only 3 minutes into the second half and it looked like we would walk away with the 3 points.

58531.gif

Wrong net buddy, smartly done.

Gomez put the final nail in the coffin of Lyon with 10 minutes left, and left me delighted sipping on my coke. Now I could relax knowing that we are in second in our group, but we need to thrash AIK to get our goal difference up a bit. With 4 matches left, we need to win most of them.

mario+gomez.jpg

Third picture already, **** in my pants.

---

What a good month, only one loss, still undefeated in Bundesliga and looking in good form of recent. Again, I forgot what possy we are in Bundesliga, but I wanna say 2nd or 1st. Until next month, cya, and take care :)

Really like the idea of this mate. You know you have a follower in me, so hopefully you can keep it up :)