Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

Football Returns to Highbury

xtomrobbo

Jul 26, 2011

It was a typical Friday night and i was sat at home doing nothing and watching a league of there own. I was contemplating going to be as i had an important 5-a-side game in the morning . I got up to make myself a sandwich and turn off my tv before i went to bed , however just as i had buttered the bread James Cordens' "so tonights winners are the red team your in a league of your own" just drowned out by my ringtone . It was Mark Bowley , the goal keeper in our 5-a-side team, He also works as a youth coach for Fleetwood Town FC . "Now then mark", i answered . "i'm good thanks mate" , he replied. "Tom , i need to ask a favour" , he continued . "go on then , what is it ?" . "I have re-arranged our 5-a-side game tomorrow because Fleetwood's Chairman wanted to meet with you " . At this point i didn't know weather to go mental or thank Mark .............................

I woke up the following morning wondering why the Fleetwood Town chairman wanted to see me . It was playing on my mind so much that i didn't even enjoying the witty banter of cricket a.m whilst mulling over my coco shreddies.
Before i knew anything i was sat outside the chairman's office still confused yet intrigued at the same time..

( next post soon , feedback is much appreciated )

xtomrobbo

Jul 26, 2011
"Mr.Pilley will see you now" said the chairman's secretary. So i took one last deep breath , composed my thoughts and knocked on the ..... "LABRINTH , COME IN" was what boomed back as i gingerly opened the door . "oh , hello Mr.Robinson , let me just turn my music off" . so thats what the 'labrinth come in' was i thought to myself as the Fleetwood chairmen put a cd back in a draw. "Now Mr.Robinson" . "please call me Tom" , i interjected . "very well then" , he said in a calm tone . "i have invited you here as i would like to offer you a job" , he said in a somewhat more serious tone . At this point i was even more puzzled , the only experience i have had in football is the odd 5-a-side game and a rather sad addiction to the Football Manager and Fifa games . "what job is it then" i answered in a dazed manner . "well , unfortunately i recently had a big argument with Micky Mellon over the sale of our top scorer Jamie Vardy , Micky believed that Vardy shouldn't be sold at any price , and when he found out i had accepted a lucrative offer from Leicester he went off it . As a result Micky handed in his resignation which i accepted . So this brings me onto the subject of my job offer. i would like you to be the new Fleetwood manager" . for a few seconds i was in shock , i stared open mouthed at the chairmen in disbelief . In the end i confidently accepted.