Forest can they make it to the promised land?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well where to start. I have decided to manage Nottingham Forrest as a new challenge. To take them to the premiership. This is where the dream gets tough. Setting my self fiveyears to win the Preimer league. I will be contining the story after that as i plan to take the job of my heroes celtic. The lead them within five years to a SPL, Scottish cups and Champions league trophy. Think possibly this might be a hard ask but hey if i fail then at least i tried.......... Oh yeah you might have seen this one before i forgot my username and password so had to restart :p

Well lets get started
clip_image001.gif

Signings:
Ian Walker Free transfer
Samuel Kuffour Free transfer
Sol Campbell free transfer
Izzy Iriekpen free transfer
Brahim Hemdani Free transfer
Neil McCann Free transfer
Moussa N'Diaye Free transfer
Andy van der Meyda free transfer
Alvaro Novo free transfer
Michael Ball Free transfer (really pleased with this one)
Darron Gibson Season long loan
Ritchie De Laet season long loan
Freindly Fixtures
Nottingham Forrest 4 - 1 Nottingham Forest Reserves ( Robert Earnshaw 2, Dexter Blackstock, Paul Anderson)
Bradford(Brian Little, Michael Flynn) 2 - 2 Nottingham Forest ( Paul Anderson, James Perch)
Spartans 0 - 7 Nottingham Forest (Radsolaw Majewski 2, Dexter Blackstock 2, Robert Earnshaw, Paul Anderson, Joe Garner)
Colchester (Kevin Lisbie) 1 - 3 Nottingham Forest (Joe Garner 2, Paul Anderson) Injury Dexter Blackstock 2-3 weeks out
clip_image002.gif

New Signing Update Amoroso
Players out Nathan Tyson to Coventry £500k , Matt Thornhill Coventry £875k
Arbroath 0 - 5 Nottingham Forest (Sol Campbell, Amoroso Garath McCleary, Radsolaw Majewski, David McGoldrick) Upcoming freindlies
Nottingham Forest v GH Academy
Nottingham Forest V Ebbsfleet

First Five fixtures of new season
Reading Away (Championship)
Notts Co (league Cup 1st round away
West Brom Home (Championship)
Watford Home (Championship)
QPR Away (Championship)
Tough fixtures to start off with considering the media predict that i will be relgated. But hoping to get something out of the reading game if not a good performance, should get through to 2nd round of cup however i will need to be wary of notts co. West Brom should be the hardest game out of the five and hopefully will win this won but not really sure hopfully get a result against watford and maybe a draw against QPR. overall prediction 6 points out of four games with a pass to 2nd round.

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:53 PM ----------

Results:
Nottingham Forest ( Earnshaw 2, Amoroso) 3 - 0 GH
Ebbsfleet 0 - 4 Nottingham Forest (McGoldrick 2, Amoroso, Garner)

Championship Results
Reading (Kebe, Matejovsky, Davies, Long) 4 - 2 Nottingham Forest (McGoldrick, N'Diaye
Really disapointing result, as i went in half time 2-1 up. Then they scored and instead of settling for the point i went for the win which then cost me.
Notts Co 0- 4Nottingham Forest (campbell 2, McGoldrick 2) League Cup 1st round
Good result but really expected to win this one ny the margin anyway.
Nottingham Forest 0 - 2 West Brom (Koren, Melite) The hardest game out of the five and it was unfortunatley for me spot on. Had chances to win, however my midfield just aren't clicking at the moment.
Nottingham Forest 0 - 1 Watford (Hoskins) This should have been three points and i am really disapointed at nothing from this game i gave my team a dressing down. The midfield again is not clicking and defence is just getting caught out.
QPR (Helguson) 1 - 0 Nottingham Forest , another poor result and overall so far a very poor month.

League Cup 2nd round
Wolves (Millijas, MaierHofer) 2 - 1 Nottingham Forest (Castillio OG) Didn't expect to win this game and when i took the lead i was hoping for something special but that just went sour.
Nottingham Forest (McGoldrick, Kuffour, Earnshaw) 3 - 1 Derby (Green) First win of the season and this was badly needed. Good performance to go with it.

- Overall a very dissapointing month expected at least 6 points from four games and got none. Only the fifth championship game gave me 3 pionts. Team not playing the best at moment but hoping this win will change my luck. Still have realistic goals of top half finish can still do it but this start does not make it easy. Promotion might be out of reach this season but not giving up till its impossible. Hoping september will be a much better month. Will give update soon of results.
Deadline day signing update signed Kaluta from Chelea on season long loan. :)

Last edited:
Thanks i will need it. There will be a big update tonight. Hopefully it will look better than before. :)

Good luck, looking forward to the update.

Results in September
Sheff Wed (Potter) 1- 1 Nottingham Forest (Mckenna) Scored a sesational goal from about 25 yards out and has been the heart of my midfield. Didnt expect a result in this game and i am very pleased with a draw.
Ipswich (priskin 2, Edwards, Stead) 4 - 2 Nottingham Forrest (Garner, Amoroso) Ipswich where just too good however we didnt help matters by giving away posession so cheaply.
Nottingham Forest (Earnshaw 2, Garner) 3 - 0 Blackpool . Expected a win and got it with a good performance too. Really pleased with how the boys played.
Plymouth (mackie, sent off 90 min Marcel Seip) 1 - 1 Nottingham Forest (Garner) Really good point as this could have easily been a game i could have lost. The second half they pilled on the pressure. Injury Andy van Der Meyde 6-7 weeks.
Nottingham Forest (Campbell, Earnshaw, Blackstock 2) 4 - 2 Scunthorpe (McCann, Hooper)

September: Much better results currently sitting 17th which is better than bottom and on the way up. The result again scunthorpe and Blackpool was really postitive as we played well throughout the match. Earnshaw is scorring the goals when it matters. Hoping that October will be an even better improvement again. When i looked at the fixtures i wasnt sure as August was terrible but managed to get a few wins and two draws so really good month overall.

Last edited:
Whats with the weird screenshots? Anyway good luck?

Does anyone know how to put screen shots it isnt working the normal way of printing screen on this?

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:05 PM ----------

October results:
Peterbourgh (mclean 2) 2 - 1 Nottingham Forest (McCann)
Dissapointing way to start the month but really didnt really take the game to Peterbourgh and really they deserved their win.
The big game the game of the callender for Nottingham Forest fans the game against Newcastle unitied. Newcastle at this point were unbeaten in 9 games. I was sitting 17th and they were 2nd and we were at home.
Nottngham Forest (Garner, Mckenna) 2 - 1 Newcastle (amobei, Smith sent off). What a result!!!! Can't believe the boy have won this one and the performance was good as well. Lets go up and up with these results.

Nottingham Forest (Kaluta, Majewski) 2- 1 Barnsley (Macken) Really good result considering that we were batterd throughout this match and camp was once again on form with a string of saves. They could have won it but we really needed this one.

Crystal Palce (sears) 1-1 Nottingham Forest (Mckenna) Another DRAW !!!! Not won one away game this season and really this is got to change in the league we are doing not too bad position siting 13th with this result. But really need an away win maybe next game. :)

Cardiff City (Bothroyd, Chopra 2) 3-3 Nottingham Forest (McCann, Blackstock, Mayewski
Yet another draw in all honesty though cant be too harsh on the team 3-1 down at one point. And could have snatched it in the end but a draw was a fair result.

Overall October was a good month we played well and the Newcastle result was really impressive. one defeat out of 5 is a good record to hold but the draws are starting to get to me now. Hopefully we can sort this out in November. :)

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Does anyone know how to put screen shots on here? its not working for me.

November results.: Overall a very good month. WE got out first away win of the season and Gibson has been sensational for me. Changed tactics to a 41212. with gibson box to box, mckenna ball winning midfielder and cohen, mcGuigan, Majewsky attacking midfielder. really has worked for me this tactic we play better and the result against 2nd in the league was imense. WE are currently sitting 13th which is not too bad and about 7 points off play off which looks good although a lot of hard work to be done between now and the end of the season to achieve that. I am much happier now with performances than in August. I hope the layout is much better than previous.

Last edited:
Woops i am sitting 12th not 13th so we are sitting good. Will give a dec and jan update all in the one go. Hope your enjoying.

The 41212 is a brilliant tactic. It has got me out of relagation zone and now sitting 7 points behind auto matic promotion. Can't believe how good it had turned out. :)

Decembers Matches:

December Results:
This Was a a very inconsistent month. We started the month off well and ended it very badly. That started happening when i started rotating the squad to keep my team happy but it backfired. Overall though i am happy with my position in the leaguewe we were expected to go down and the fact we are sitting in the top half of the table is very good. Not fair from promotion.

Januaray results are included: Overall a really bad month two really poor results against West Brom and Derby away. I was expecting a draw at least becasue we have been carving teams open with our slick play in the midfield. WE played really well against aston Villa in both games and really 5-2 doesnt reflect our posession stats and the chances we created in the game. I feel though we are about to turn the corner and head for the home straight. Four points a drift of the play off spot.

Signing update: signed Fran Merida until end of season and signed n'gogg for three months. Both should be excellent peices of business.

Players out Neil McCann (just didnt fit in my plans) £5,000 and Alarvo Novo (the same jsut didnt perform) £575,000 , Gael Kaluta returned to his club as he was injured in a match and sidelined for three months.

WE have been conseding a lot of penaltys recently and i really want to get this rectifed. I am hoping that its just been a slight slip up on our way to the play off. :)

Sorry there hasn't been an update in a while, there will be a update tonight from feb until may and all the drama that has unfolded. :)

I've read all this so I'll comment seems though I know how annoyin it is to have people read and not comment :'(

Anyway you've done quite well except the 5 - 1 loss at Derby, that must be a kick in the gonads :/

Yeah it was totally. Although the start of the season i did not expect after my first five games to be in the job past December. :) Yeah it is but i guess thats what forums are like people read but no comments. Thanks hopefully i will have some positive results.

good luck mate i'm currently on the look out for a team to go and forrest are a shout

Thanks mate they can be quite anoying at times but i would recommend them.

Febuary Reults :
Ngog would have been the player of the month but got injured second game in after scoring 4 goals in 2 game :( currently out for about 6 weeks.

Fran Merida has been good but not really immense. MOM in game against Doncaster.

The buy of the season has to be for me Izzy Ireikpen he has been the most consistant perform all season. Darron Gibson has been really good as well but cant play every match becasue of fitness.

The player of the season can only go to one guy though the boy wonder Radsalow Majewsky. See the stats guy has been immense. Will struggle to get him again next season.

Well i have done it i have qualfied for the play offs now. I have exceed my expectations of top half finish. I jsut posted the rest of the results to make it easier.

Play off update:

Ngog loan spell has finished, Micheal ball out of play offs and also Darron Gibson is out as well. Two big loses to my chances but hopefully the lads can pull it off. WE have done well this season considering how we started.

PLAY OFFS:

First LEG
Nottingham Forest v Reading
We go into this game on the back of not loseing the last five games.

Well we are out of the play off. The first leg was in the bag 2 nil and my lads just bottled it they threw away a 2 nil lead and i was really disapointed. Overall reading did deserve to go through but i really do hope they get beat in the final hahaha.

Overal season conculsion: well i knocked well above my own wieght in that we were suppose to be relgated and i go us into the play offs. I feel that it was one game too many for us but theres hope for next season. I just hope i can keep majewski if not then not sure how i can get into the play offs next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.