formula 1

sammyt

Reaction score
a) does anyone else watch it
b) if you do which team do you support and
c) what's your verdict on the webber vettel crash.

(a)Yes
(b)Whichever team Alonso is on so Ferrari
(c)Both peoples fault

a) does anyone else watch it
b) if you do which team do you support and
c) what's your verdict on the webber vettel crash.

a. Yes, but not exactly obsessively.
b. I don't support any teams, but the drivers I support are Vettel, Kubica and Kovalainen.
c. Vettel seemed to be taken over my a massive ****** and subsequently ran into his team mate. Shocking mistake to be honest.

I have watched it for most of my life. I just support the British drivers reallly.

And both Red Bull drivers could have done more to avoid it but Webber should have pulled up a bit as Vettel was pretty much past him.

on the crash i've heard some people say it was vettel's fault because he moved over and others balme webber for not giving him much room but i think it was vettel's fault because he could have always braked early to avoid hitting webber and then got the run into the first corner.

I'm a massive fan.

First watched Schumacher when i was a lad, saw him win 2 world titles with Benetton but i preferred the prancing horses of Ferrari, so i was delighted when he moved to Ferrari.

Now I dont tend to follow teams or drivers so much, just enjoy the whole spectacle, although i would like to see Alonso and Ferrari do well and maybe see Schumi win a few races for old times sake. I dont like Hamilton at all.

Both drivers were at fault IMO, but Vettel was more to blame. Webber held his line throughout the entire manouvre wheras Vettel moved quite sharply to the right. I think the teams ideology is ultimately to blame though, with the abscence of a lead dirver and team orders (think of Schumacher and Irvine for a prime example) there is far more pressure on the drivers and their crews as both are expected to win.
Red Bull are under pressure from Mclaren, but also there is great tension in their own garage as the team bosses have essentially said that there are no orders, treat each other like any other teams car. I belive these factors which have been building up for a while, leading to neither driver wanting to yield an inch to his team-mate/rival and thus a crash was inevitable.

Last edited:
i wouldn't go as far as saying there are no team orders at red bul because i think they are in the same situation as mclaren in that they allow they're drivers to race freely but expect them to only make manouvers on each other that won't end up with a retirement whereas they wouldn't mind making risky manouvers on other teams as it wouldn't be as risky for the constructers championship.

This may be true at Mclaren and although the Red Bull bosses came out and said they expected Vettel and Webber to leave enough room, I'm not convinced that they have made this clear enough to the 2 crews and drivers, as they seem to have been pushing each other all season. The awkward pool celebrations in Monaco aside, there has been quite a bit of tension between the two crews and drivers, intensified by all the media interest in their car and Webber and Vettel being the 'new' stars of F1.

Remember Red Bull is quite a new team and as such is 'inexperienced' compared to Mclaren. This seasons media intrusion, combined with the pressure that comes with being arguably the best team and having 2 top drivers seems to have come to a head.

Last edited:
yeah but they were in the same situation last year up untill the final few races when webber was told to help vettel so they are used to having each other as rivals.

And I think their ages have something to do with it as webber is older and more experianced so expects to be team leader and wants a world championship before his red bull career ends whereas vettel wants to be teamleader and as he's young he wants to get a world championship now so he can live up to the expectation that he's got after being labeled the new schumacher.

I'm an avid fan and I don't follow any particular team. Alonso and Schumi are epic drivers though and I like them. :)

Vettel was at fault, he drifted to Webber's side to intimidate him as they approached the turn but Webber's an experienced old head so he held his line while Vettel didn't want to lose his position.. I wouldn't blame it on the RBR team management.

I dont mind it, some great racing :)

Support Webber, a fellow Aussie, he's going surprisingly well this season

Crash was Vittels fault, he should have slowed down, he was just trying to stay where he was

a) Usually watch the beggining of the race and the last 3or4 laps. Rest is soo boring.
b) Mclaren (Button and Hamilton) but i like alonso and hate red bull.
c)germans fault.

Okay i was wondering what peoples opinions in the "team orders" code last weeks race, i was heavily critical of it at the time, But i just read this and it kinda makes sense to me,

"Is Ferrari handing 7 points from one driver to another who has performed better than the other any worse than Red Bull handing a new front wing from one driver to another who crashed his own?"

it made me see the whole thing in another light.

Okay i was wondering what peoples opinions in the "team orders" code last weeks race, i was heavily critical of it at the time, But i just read this and it kinda makes sense to me,

"Is Ferrari handing 7 points from one driver to another who has performed better than the other any worse than Red Bull handing a new front wing from one driver to another who crashed his own?"

Both teams should be disqualified for ever, and Petrov should be given pole on every race.

:)

Both teams should be disqualified for ever, and Petrov should be given pole on every race.

:)
Dreams do feel real while you're in them.

On topic -
I believe Ferrari deserves a harsher punishment for manipulation of race results through team orders. It's not their drivers' fault. It's the team that should be punished. If they wanted to put Alonso first, they should've done it during the pit-stops, i.e., ask Massa to slow down a bit 2 laps before he pitted(probably fake some "brake problems" on the radio).

About the Red Bull situation, I think it's more of an internal matter, unlike the Ferrari incident. So, while it's wrong of them to show deliberate preference to one driver, it's not on-track. Thus, it's really the duty of the team itself to sort it out.

P.S. - Just watched the Hungary GP Qualifying. ****, the Red Bulls were fast. No way in **** is Ferrari catching up to them tomorrow.

1)I don't follow, just see some results when they appear, and things like that.

2) McLaren or Red Bull, can't stand with Ferrari

3) Don't know about it :p

I am an avid fan of F1, and Lewis Hamilton in particular. I do think, however, that there is very little difference in driver skill between, for example, the World Champion, and the man in the number 24 car. F1 is a sport of mainly reflexes, but also nerve, and there can't be much difference in these factors among the drivers. It comes down to the cars, and this is why F1 is so exciting. The difference in teams. If you put Jenson Button in a Lotus, he would do nothing, even if he is the so-called champion. I believe the driver's championship is the most interesting thing in the sport, but the constructors championship is the best reflection of who stands where.

i was bought up watching Formula1 but when i got to about 12 ish i started to think football is the only sport worth watching. although i do catch some races and qualifiings now days but i think there is to much politics and stupid rules now days and its ruining the sport. take the Ferrari incident last week i actually watched the race and it ****** me off and made me think why should i watch it if things like this happen. But true to my country i like the McLarens and Hamilton and Button.

i wish i had seen this thread earlier...

I am a huge fan, grew up watching senna/prost/piquet/mansell/berger in the late 80's
My uncle worked for Lotus when senna was there so i supported senna and Lotus..

My unlce moved to Williams middway 88 and senna had already gone to mclaren i started supporting him and mclaren with lotus on terminal decline

I still support mclaren to this day - hate ferrari/schumacher/alonso since07

When Hakkinen drove his 1st race for mclaren he outqualified Senna, from that moment on i was a big hakkinen fan and constantly told my mates at school he'd win championship - i got abuse for this cos it was around the time of schumacher/hill/villeneuve winning everything... I left school in 98 (hakkinens 1st title year) and never got to rub it in

These days its all about hammy for me - i'm aware he's a bit of a tool but he's a great driver and will iron out the few mistakes as he matures

I have masses of encyclpedias, i'm a right f1 geek lol

very true, all team use team orders, ferrari just made a hash of it thats all. for me they have been punished more because of the public outcry rather breaking the rule itself, as one team official put it bluntly: "It comes down to how well we can cheat the fans, because if we do it well, under this current rule, nobody knows."