Forster: I’m up here, Fabio

• Thread starter Thread starter Shay Given
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 5K
Forster LOL... theres a reason he never gets a mention.. will never be in with a shout unless a least 4/5 keepers get injured

Forster's a better 'keeper than he gets credit for. He's a bit clumsy from time to time but his reflexes and shot-stopping in general are fantastic, and he is far more reliable than Rob Green imo.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Tbf, he is the second best keeper in the SPL :)

Yeah, Cammy Bell is far better. ;)

Forster is not a great keeper. He only has those clean sheets for Celtic because they play **** teams every week in the SPL and he has very few tough saves to make. Not even close to being good enough for England, or Newcastle for that matter.

Forster needs to play at the top level if he wants a look in. He has been decent in a poor league against poor players.

On the subject of England keepers, it prob is Hart but he isn't the gem everyone thinks he is. He makes plenty of mistakes that the media choose to ignore. Foster & Green make the same saves but get punished for making them at international level.

few enough.
I think Hart will be number 1 for many years to come but I can see FF catching up on Foster on getting the number 2 spot by the 2014 World Cup ;) tbh.

Presumably this will spell end for Krul? Where will he go now. Wouldnt mind him at CP, seems good enough any time I have seen him.

Harper only has 2-3 years max left at the top (although yesterday's performance...), so the transition to Krul/Forster fighting for #1 should start soon. I think Krul will get loaned out next season though, maybe even to Celtic if they haven't sorted out a keeper by then, while Forster gets his chance at Newcastle.

McGregor is certainly better. Bell is meh, Alexander is probably the same-ish.

Forster needs to play at the top level if he wants a look in. He has been decent in a poor league against poor players.

On the subject of England keepers, it prob is Hart but he isn't the gem everyone thinks he is. He makes plenty of mistakes that the media choose to ignore. Foster & Green make the same saves but get punished for making them at international level.

Yes he makes mistakes like every keeper. But he is a great keeper and can only improve.

Of course Green get slated when he does a big mistake in world cup. But Harts mistakes are also noticed. He was the reason why we had to play leicester twice. But of course a world cup mistake gets more attention.

I really like Hart. He has a great attitude and i dont know if there is a more athletic keeper in the world. He might not have the experience of VDS. But he is a very athletic keeper who can probly jump faster from save to save than any other keeper in the world right now.

Last edited:
You're having a laugh. XD

At the end of the day, Celtic should be cruising the SPL with their budget compared to Rangers', but the reason they aren't is the stupid goals they have been conceding (eg. the 2-0 loss to Motherwell a couple of weeks ago). The defence is underperforming, and the blame has to partly lie with Forster.

EDIT: Scott Loach is a much better keeper anyway.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, Celtic should be cruising the SPL with their budget compared to Rangers', but the recent they aren't is the stupid goals they have been conceding (eg. the 2-0 loss to Motherwell a couple of weeks ago). The defence is underperforming, and the blame has to partly lie with Forster.

Yes, of course he does and he is quite a mistake prone keeper, but he is more reliable than the likes of Rob Green. And to say Tomas Cerny is better than him is, imo, wrong. I think he is far better than he gets credit for, and hopefully he will prove that today.

When he joins a competitive league like the prem and starts playing well he'll get noticed if he deserves it.. until then he wont

Yes, of course he does and he is quite a mistake prone keeper, but he is more reliable than the likes of Rob Green. And to say Tomas Cerny is better than him is, imo, wrong. I think he is far better than he gets credit for, and hopefully he will prove that today.
Because he hasn't had the chance to make mistakes at Premiership/international level. ;)

Forster will not get into the Senior England squad until he starts playing regularly in the Premiership , until then he won't get a look in.

I feel sorry for him because he will have a tough time breaking into both the England and Newcastle line-ups. With England he is clearly not in the top 3 and doesn't desevre a Call-up just yet and at Newcastle, Krul has the edge over him due to the fact when he has played this season he has been impressive and after yesterdays performance by Harper, Krul should be looking to finish this season as No. 1

Yes he makes mistakes like every keeper. But he is a great keeper and can only improve.

Of course Green get slated when he does a big mistake in world cup. But Harts mistakes are also noticed. He was the reason why we had to play leicester twice. But of course a world cup mistake gets more attention.

I really like Hart. He has a great attitude and i dont know if there is a more athletic keeper in the world. He might not have the experience of VDS. But he is a very athletic keeper who can probly jump faster from save to save than any other keeper in the world right now.

I know, i'm not having a go at Hart. I just think it's unfortunate that he is given a free pass on mistakes that Green etc would be slaughtered for.

When he joins a competitive league like the prem and starts playing well he'll get noticed if he deserves it.. until then he wont

Every league in every country is competitive, if it wasn't then the sport would be null & void.

Try bringing positive discussion to the thread/forum please.

Needs to play at the top level to even be within a chance of making the senior squad. Joe Hart could possibly be England number one for the next 10years.

I dont exactly see why he needs to play in the prem, obviously it would help him but Loach got a call up playing for Watford, and he's playing for Celtic...

I dont exactly see why he needs to play in the prem, obviously it would help him but Loach got a call up playing for Watford, and he's playing for Celtic...

And Fielding got a call up from Derby's bench... Forster will hopefully be getting games in a Newcastle shirt next season, although that'll probably work against him since still too far north for an England team.

Back