Fortuna Sittard - A Fernando Ricksen Story

Fellow Dutch save!

This is funny, I had literally just put the opening up for my new Feyenoord save for FM16, stating that the Netherlands is often overlooked, and the 5th thread down is a Dutch save, haha.

Great series so far, would definitely follow on YouTube if you decided to do so on FM16. You did so well taking a Dutch second tier side to nearly winning the league, but I hope you're not too disappointed as Ajax are mere mortals on this game.

Not too happy to see you regularly beating my boys (especially the 4-0!) but I love that you beat Ajax in the cup, that penalty shootout was outrageous. Good to see some Dutch saves up, alongside my Feyenoord save I'm considering a Dutch 2nd tier, but due to my connection with Feyenoord it may be difficult, but if I find another team I connect with I may consider. Also, in my game Seedoorf was an embarrassment as national team manager and got sacked in favour of me, so definitely keep an eye on that. Also, another coincidence is I also took the U21 Netherlands job too. Have scouted some right gems from it!

All the best and hope you can check out mine, I'm following yours for sure!

Thank you mate, Yes Dutch football is often overlooked I did find it rather easy to climb up the ranks which I did find quite strange, I always seemed to do well against the big teams in Holland but always slipped up against silly teams and with silly draws aswell.

Love the fact our saves are similar and hopefully I will end up in the Holland job, I would like to ask yourself and everyone else that is following for advice....

I have left the job as the update says and have now taken on a new job however I am instantly regretting going of course of my plan especially when the story is called Fortuna Sittard, Does everyone think I should go back to my auto save and carry on as Fortuna ?

As I already stated, I would have stayed and gone for the title next season. So you have my attention if you decide to "go back"... :)

As I already stated, I would have stayed and gone for the title next season. So you have my attention if you decide to "go back"... :)

I think I will, Get more cracks at trying to get further into Europe aswell! I will start the save back up again and see where I need to play from.

View attachment 219555

Dramatic U-Turn as Fortuna Board convince Ricksen to stay

View attachment 219554

After a long weekend of hard thinking I have decided to stay with Fortuna who made me feel wanted and special at the club, I hope the fans can forgive my resignation & forget about it and in return I will fight tooth & nail to try get this club into Europe and win the league title.

My decision was wrong to resign and based upon emotions of losing the league title on goal difference however this is where I want to be and my family want to be here also, Together we can do great things with Fortuna starting with our 2nd attempt into European football.​

View attachment 219302

View attachment 219301

Upon deciding to stay at the club the board offered me a new deal until 2020 meaning a 2 year extension was agreed, I tried to get it until 2021 however the board weren't having it and increased my transfer budget by 300k instead.

View attachment 219300

We slipped behind Turkey in the Coefficients ratings meaning we have a worse place in the Europa League for one of our teams, We really need to start improving our league as theres no way in **** the Turkish league is better than ours, I need to try get a good run in Europe somehow.

View attachment 219299

This is a bit of a cheat because I had already played and failed miserably however going back I got to play it again and it was a much better competition for us.

Lost the final 2-1 to Germany which isn't a bad thing especially when they hammered us in the groups, I am proud of the lads playing through tiredness and getting a great run in the competition doing themselves proud.

View attachment 219298

I have decided to resign from my post as u21 national manager after a proud tournament, I feel I need to focus all my energy into Fortuna right now and it gives someone else a chance to take the role and hopefully continue in a way forward with the national youth side.

Announced link with AS Roma

My board were delighted to come to me letting me know we now had an affiliate with AS Roma and can receive players on loan from them which is good news if we need to delve into the loan market, This could work out really well and the board have done good.

View attachment 219297

Some good players added to the squad here along with Zelalem & Massampu staying on loan again, Haven't spent any money so hopefully the free transfer are enough to improve our team to finally win the league!

#PrayForFernando