Fortunes Always Hiding - West Ham Story.

tomo_whufc

Reaction score
Fortunes Always Hiding

Today is what West Ham would call 'same old West Ham, taking the ****' but to the rest of the football world it was a real shock. The day started all good for West Ham with the majority of them waking up and finding that they had been bought by the East London boys David Gold & David Sullivan. However, rumours were out that Gianfranco Zola was on his way as they wanted there own man in. The press conference came around with both the Davids telling the press that they wanted to bring stability to the club and underlined the fact that Zola was staying... How things change. The co-chairmen met up with Zola to see who they felt would be the best players they could bring in... this is where it all went wrong. Reports are that there transfer targets where not the same which resulted in arguements and the manager storming out which saw the manager, Gianfranco Zola confirmed sacked at 1pm.

This ment names were being said. Stuart Pearce, Paulo Di Canio and Julian Dicks were 3 of the many but the name that ended up becoming the manager was quite astonishing.... Tom Poulson. The Semi-Professional footballer who played his trade at Kingstonian, Sutton Utd and Carlshalton. Fans are out here in there numbers wanting the David's heads after this. The press conference will be held at 7pm and we will be live to hear what he has to say.

Bryan Swanson,
Sky Sports.

I have a West Ham save it is awsome its a great test of managment

Poulson's Press Conference

We are now able to cross live to the Boleyn Ground where Tom Poulson and the new co-chairmen are waiting... here we go...

SSNR - 'Just like to say welcome to the Premiership Tom, but could we start with asking the David's a question.. why Poulson?'

DG - 'Weve known him for 15 years now and we know what this man is capable of, we know what skill he has, if he puts his mind to it we could be going far in the next couple of years.'

SSNR - 'Well only time will judge that, Tom, how do you feel about all this.'

TP - 'Its a dream come true, I'm West Ham through and through, use to be in the East Stand cheering on the likes of Paolo Di Canio, Joe Cole and... Tomas Repka :D'

SSNR - 'So, do you think the fans are fair giving you this abuse.'

TP - 'Totally, I remember when Glen Roeder came in charge, felt it was the worst decision ever but you never know until you try, I will put my full potential in to this club no matter what.'

SSNR - 'Nice to hear, what tactical approach are you wanting to bring to the game.'

TP - 'West Ham are known for attacking football and I do not want to change that tradition. However with a great coach like Steve Clarke I want to be able to use his defending qualities well on the pitch.

BBCNR - 'Hi there, how involved will you be in the day-to-day running of the club.'

TP- 'Im the manager, I will be involved as much as time can let me.'

BBCNR - 'Looking at the finances at the club its not very great, do you feel the club has the adequate players to keep the side up this season.'

TP - Your right we do not have a lot of money and it will be a struggle. However, we have some quality players here and I will be hoping they can play to there full potential.

BBCNR - 'Last question, staying on the topic of money how much have you been given to spend on players.'

TP - 'Ive spoke to the Davids and they both seem keen on getting some new players in so it will be 'see how we go' but I will not be doing a Man City.'

TSR - 'Hi, Carlton Cole seems to have intrest from other clubs, what do you make of this.'

TP - 'They must be mad, Carlton is staying here full stop. The player is our best striker and I will hope he feels the same as me on his future at this club.'

TSR - 'There are rumours going around that the Ukranian winger Rusian Rotan, any truth in that.'

TP - 'Who?!?! Never heard of him. Thanks for today boys but we must get on, got a lot to do.'

So there you have it. West Ham through and through, a little bit of cash to spend, Carlton staying and no Rusian Rotan... All that is left to say is good luck to him, hes going to need it!

Bryan Swanson
Sky Sports.

TP - Tom Poulson
DG - David Gold
SSNR - Sky Sports News Reporter
BBCNR - BBC News Reporter
TSNR - Talksport News Reporter.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

sounds good mate keep it up

I have a West Ham save it is awsome its a great test of managment

Good luck man

Thanks for support, been waiting to do a save with my team but decided to wait until the takeover. I haven't got the likes of McCarthy but we will see what happens. :D

This is a good layout mate. I will take a look from time to time. :)

Good luck, liking the layouts.

Poulson Signs The Lot

Welcome back to Talksport Radio and we have just heard some breaking news coming from the Boleyn Ground. We can cross over to our good friend David Sullivan...

TS: David, hi there, well tell us what has happened today.

DS: Would'nt you rather here from the man himself?

TS: Well of course if thats ok, thanks.

TP: Alright Dave, good day?

TS: Yeh not bad, obviously not as good as yours, 4 new signings!

TP: Yeh we didnt want to hang around.

TS: So who are they then?

TP: Benny McCarthy, Ilan, Mido and Niklas Barkroth.

TS: Wow, some big names there. Lets start of with Benny shall we. Are you pleased to have got your man?

TP: I am delighted! To be able to welcome a player of Benny's talent is a true honour.

TS: How much did the transfer go through if you dont mind us asking?

TP: Ye sure. McCarthy was £5m, Mido was £5m + clauses which will see it end up at £11m and Ilan was on free while Barkroth was nothing money.

TS: MIDO £11M! Are you sure?

TP: As they say, dont judge a book by its cover. I have always liked Mido's attitude to the game and the fee is not the main concern here. Getting the player was the concern, it was hard to agree the fee with Middlesborough but we were able to sort it out in a adult manner.

TS: Ok, Ilan? Never heard of him, some info on the boy.

TP: Ye sure, Ilan is in his mid 20's played 3 caps for Brazil and was on a free transfer after St Ettiene released him.

TS: 3 Strikers! Next you will be telling me Barkroth is a striker?

TP: No Barkroth is an attacking midfielder and at the age of 19 he is showing so much potential. Dave I must go, I could be back by the end of the night with more news if you know what I mean.

TS; Lovely Tom nice speaking to you, good luck.

TP: Thanks Dave...

2 hours later...

This is your afternoon man Dave...

hold on, I am going to be here for just a little longer people because we are getting conformation of more breaking news at the Boleyn Ground and we can cross right over there now...

TS: Dave or Tom.

TP: Its Tom Dave nice to speak to you again.

TS: You too mate, come on then, what the gossip.

TP: Well its a been a real busy day. We were able to announce a link with Gillingham which saw us see off Barkroth, Nouble and Spence.

TS: Barkroth just signed.

TP: I want to give them proper match experience Dave. But we didnt stop there either. Marek Stech to Leeds, Freddie Sears to Watford Greog Grasser to Port Vale Bondz N'Gala to Palace, Matthew Fry to Cheltenham, Terry Dixon to Scunny, Anthony Ashman to Luton, Daniel Kearns to Brentford and Oliver Lee to Luton.

TS; Is that it!?!? Jeeez thats a few.

TP: They need the experience Dave. Oh and im not sure if Wigan or Chelsea have contacted you but due to the transfers we had to get rid of a few players...

TS; Come on then... who!

TP: Jonathon Spector went to Wigan for a total of £2.5m and Keiron Dyer somehow got a job at Chelsea for £2.5m. Also due to the striker overlad. Guilermo Franco was loaned to West Brom for £180k.

TS: Dyer to Chelsea, what are they thinking! Franco aswell he hasn't even played for West Ham.

TP: Ye I know, what do you expect from Chelsea. With Franco, he didnt fit in to my team so I decided it would be best for him to get a place in the starting X11 at West Brom.

TS: Fair enough, Tom I must say goodbye, Ive got a very angry Chas looking at me wanting his spot on the radio. So there you have it folks. In with the new and out with the old is the expression, it looks like Tom Poulson uses it. Thanks Tom.

TP: Cheers Dave.

TP - Tom Poulson
DS - David Sullivan
TS - Talksport

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:48 PM ----------

Now all the bolloxs was out the way it was time to get down to the season. :)

With West Ham being known for playing our attacking football I decided to keep it like that. I like to play my wide and quick football so thats what I will be hoping to drill into the players. So this was it, first game of the season.

West Ham V Liverpool
Green, Ilunga, Faubert, Upson, Kovac, Parker, Noble, Collison, Stanislas, Diamanti and Cole. Subs: Kurucz, da Costa, Daprella, Ilan, Mido and Benny McCarthy.

Reina, Johnson, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Mascherano, Lucas, Rodriguez, Babel, Gerrard and Torres. Subs: Cavalieri, Bdenayoun, Reira, Kuyt, Insua, Degen and Plessis.

Ex-Hammer Leaves Hammers Defeated

With a game I wern't expecting to win, I was delighted with the way we played. We started so well creating alot of chances thanks to Cole and Diamanti but wern't able to take them, until... on the 23rd minute a wonderful cross from Diamanti saw Kovac rise above Carragher to head home. The game continued and half time was looming. Liverpool kept pressing and pressing when they got there breakthrough. Parker's misplaced ball saw Torres latch onto it and there was only one outcome, 1-1. Half time came and not much was changed and the game continued like so, chances from both team but knowing that Liverpool were the more threating it was very tesne. The game looked like over until a good ball by Maxi Rodriguez saw Benayoun place the ball into the next which looked like a very dubious goal. The fans went silent and the whistle was the loudest noise at the end of the game, the fans seemed upset...

West Ham 1
Kovac (24)

Liverpool 2
Torres (43)
Benayoun (90+2)

Last edited:
After the Liverpool game it was essential we didnt carry on like this and what better way to give the fans a victory...

West Ham V Chelsea
Green, Faubert, Ilunga, Tomkins, Upson, Parker, Kovac, Stanislas, Collison, McCarthy and Diamanti. Subs: Kurucz, da Costa, Daprella, Noble, Ilan and Mido.

Cech, Bosingwa, Cole, Terry, Carvalho, Ballack, Essien, Lampard, Deco, Obasi and Drogba. Subs: Hilario, Sturridge, Anelka, Cabanas, Alex, Kalou and Malouda.

Cech Blunder Turns Costly

Well what a game it turned out to be. You could hear that this one was going to mean alot to the fans, they were well up for it. But from the first minute it all went wrong. Upson picked up an injury which was not going to be run off which saw Mark Noble come on and Kovac slip into the back 4.However, despite this we were looking the better of the teams and when Terry brought down Diamanti on the edge of the area which saw Terry have to be taken off I felt confident that Diamanti could score... However, Radoslav Kovac decides to line up. Im standing there shouting and screaming telling him to **** off into the box. He wouldn't have it... 'trust me' he says. I'm thinking trust me my ***. He lines up, drills it low, the wall jumps and there it was, 1-0 West Ham, Kovac 2 in 2. I was chuckling to myself while he was enjoying the celebration. Chelsea were pushing but they wern't getting no real clear cut chances. The half-time whistle was looming and I was looking forward to praising the players, when, a long ball by Faubert which seemed to be going nowhere turned out to be a peacher. The keeper misjudge the ball (same old Cech) and it bounced over him. Thanks to Diamanti's determination he was the only man running after it. Diamanti jogged round the keeper and slotted it into an empty net. 2-0. The half - time whistle went and I was thrilled with players but warned them against complaceny. Chelsea came back out and they were looking keen. Chance after chance still no goal. I felt it was time to use the last 2 subs and bought on Ilan and Mido for Noble and McCarthy who had picked up a niggle. After making these to subs, Diamanti turned round and got clattered. We were down to 10 men. The game went on and in the 80th minuted Chelsea got there goal. Micheal Essien. The last 10 minutes were going to be tense. The 90th minute came up and 4 minutes were added on. I was going to have a right go at the 4th official when the lanky streak of **** James Tomkins decides to bring down Drogba on the edge of the area and there was only one outcome, red card. We was now down to 9 men. Drogba lined up for the free kick and my heart sank. The ball was destined for the net until a great diving catch from Green saved us the 3 points an the fans were over the moon!

West Ham 2
Kovac (34)
Diamanti (45)
Tomkins s/o (90+4)

Chelsea 1
Essien (80)

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

This is a good layout mate. I will take a look from time to time. :)

Good luck, liking the layouts.

looking intresting west ham can be a jeckal and hyde sort of team, good luck with this.... please have a look and comment on my story

http://http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/benfica-gol-t29582.html

BENFICA AIM TO CONQUER EUROPE

Thanks for comments ladies. I know what you mean despu, try being a fan :D

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

After the Chelsea game the players were raring and ready to go and this game looked to be a certain 3 points...

Burnley V West Ham
Jesen, Alexander, Jordan, Bikey, Mears, Nimani, Gudjohnsen, McCann, Fletcher and Thompson. Subs: Penny, Eagles, McDonald, Paterson, Caldwell, Elliot and Guerrero.

Green, Faubert, Ilunga, Kovac, Upson, Parker, Stanislas, Collison, Noble, Cole and Mido. Subs: Kurucz, da Costa, Daprella and Ilan.

Carlton's Class Conquers

As you can see by the amount of subs we had, we were looking at the bare bone so we were going to have to rely on our top players. In the first 20 minutes Stanislas, Cole and Mido all had little niggles but were telling me they were ok. Burnley dominated us from the start, they obviously felt this game was one of there 'easier' games. The 35th minute came along and we hadnt had one chance. Mido and Cole linked up well but nothing came of it apart from a corner. I turned around to go back to my seat when Noble whipped in a lovely ball which met the head of Cole. Jensen parried which landed back to Cole's feet and he slotted it home. 1.0 up and it wasn't deserved. Half time came and the boys were buzzing, I just told them to keep there head. We went on second half hoping that the boys could battle on. I was hoping for a good bit of fortune which could really end this game as a whole. In the 53rd minute we got our bit of fortune, a rash challenge from Bikey saw the boy get his second yellow card and him going for an early bath. After this we never looked back, chance after chance after chance. The 75th minute came and it was still 1-0 until Cole bought the ball on his chest turned Jordan and drilled the ball past Jensen. 2-0 and Cole was loving it. Paterson made the came a bit tense last 10 minutes with a close ranged place effort but we were able to hold on to the 3 points and leave us 7th in the league.

West Ham 2
Cole (35, 76)

Burnley 1
Paterson (81)
Bikey s/o (53)

Last edited:
goos start mate well done on beating chelsea there a tough team to even get a draw with usually first season

We were struggling big time with injuries and a break from the league came just at the right time...

Brighton V West Ham (League Cup)
Brezovan, Hoyte, Vicente, Tunnicliffe, McNulty, Calderon, McLeod, Crofts, Keenan, Dickinson and Foster. Subs: Walker, Wright, Whing, Bennett, Davies, Virgo and El-Abd.

Kurucz, Tomkins, Daprella, Lampe, da Costa, Kovac, Edgar, Collison, Lletget, Ilan and Werndly. Subs: Green, Ilunga, Upson, Faubert, Noble, Parker and Cole.

Experience Proves Precisive

As you can see by the line-up we had a weak side out but decided to keep a couple of the experienced players in which payed off early doors. 5 minutes into a game a lovely ball by the 17-year old attacking midfielder Lletget saw Collison free on the edge of the 6 yard box, well place and we were 1-0 up. The game went on with limited chances either end at the half-time whistle couldn't come quick enough. I was pleased with how we were playing but another goal was needed. Ilan seemed to response to this and 5 minutes after the break, another good ball by Lletget saw Ilan 1on1 with the ball only going one place, 2-0 and this game was over... well thats what I thought. The Brighton fans wern't happy and they were making sure of that and in the 63rd minute, the sub Davies scored from close range to keep there hopes alive. They struggled to make many chances after this and the game dragged out until the final whistle, we were through to the next round in a cup I was hoping to go far in.

Brighton 1
Davies (64)

West Ham 2
Collison ( 6 )
Ilan (50)

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

goos start mate well done on beating chelsea there a tough team to even get a draw with usually first season

hope you get a good takeover :)

good luck on this

cfc - cheers mate, yeh was a tough game which is a big game for West Ham.

ronaseal - I'm not going to get one mate, I got an update just after the takeover and now the status is 'happy to stay'. Means the game is going to be a bit more realistic instead of us turning into a 'Man City'.

UFMF - thanks mate.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Saturday came around and on the coach up there we were told we got Portsmouth in the next round of the cup. However, we had to concentrate on todays game...

Wigan V West Ham
Kirkland, Melchiot, Edman, Bramble, Scharner, Diame, Caldwell, Gomez, Kennedy, N'Zogbia and Palermo. Subs: Stojkovic, Rodallega, Sinclair, Amaya, Scotland, Thomas and Spector.

Green, Tomkins, Ilunga, Kovac, Upson, Parker, Faubert, Collison, Noble, Ilan and Cole. Subs: Kurucz, da Costa, Gabbidon, Daprella and McCarthy.

Gomez Leaves It Late

Players were starting to get fit but we were still struggling and to go to a place like Wigan was going to be hard, it showed... The first half was just all Wigan with us not have one chance. The half-time whistle came around and I told the boys that we were going to have to up our game because this is not good enough. To be fair to the boys they did. Our first chance came with a weak header from Faubert in the 50th minute be we started to create more and more and Cole really should have scored. I decided to bring off Ilan and hope a half-fit McCarthy could do the job. He came close. The game was looming to and end with only 8 minutes to go when a jinx inside from Jordi Gomez and a power of a strike hit the net. 1-0 Wigan and it seemed game over. We battled on and had a couple of late chances but just couldn't score. The whistle blew and the Latics were happy. Me on the other hand wasn't too please, a game against a poor side should of seen us advance up the table, we dropped down to 10th.

Wigan 1
Gomez (82)

West Ham 0

Last edited:
unlucky against wigan mate i hate losing games cause of a goal let in in the last 10 minutes cause the team are soo close to getting atleast a point lol

unlucky against wigan mate i hate losing games cause of a goal let in in the last 10 minutes cause the team are soo close to getting atleast a point lol

Tell me about it, my defence seems to get so tired in last 20 minutes. Same old west ham though.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

rated and following.

Your a star. :)

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

I was so dissaponted with the Wigan game because the next 2 games wern't going to be easy and they could have been some vital 3 points...

West Ham V Man Utd
Green, Ilunga, Faubert, Gabbidon, Upson, Parker, Kovac, Stanislas, Collison, Ilan and Cole. Subs: Kurucz, da Costa, Daprella, Diamanti, Noble, Mido and McCarthy.

Foster, Neville, Kolarov, Vidic, Ferdinand, Park, Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Berbatov and Rooney.

Diamanti Dazzles Devils

What do you expect when you play the best team in the country, not much. Rooney and Berbatov were linking up like 2 peas in a pod and were causing some real havoc in and out of our area. The game dulled down for a bit in the middle which gave us the oppurtunity to take hold of this game and oh we did. We had a good 20 minutes spell of dominance and were so unlucky not to go in 1-0 at half time. The fans were roaring and you could tell that we had a sniff of a chance here. I told the boys to keep there heads and let there feet do the talking. It seemed to work... more crafty football from the midfield seeing Cole have a great chance. However, with all these chances going a begging, the class started to show, a lovely weighted ball into the box onto the chest of Berbatov saw him take it down with ease and slot it home. With only 15 minutes to go we looked down and out and I need someone to lift us. In the West Ham team there is only one man, Alessandro Diamanti. He came on as was weaving in and around the area causing Vidic some real trouble. With 5 minutes to go we needed something. A ball into the box, Diamanti swivvles Vidic and there it was! A classy finish from a passionate man. 1-1 and the crowd went wild. It seemed like Man U set out to hold on to the draw after that and that was fine by me. The whistle went and it was another point against a top 4. Wonderful!

West Ham 1
Diamanti (85)

Man Utd 1
Berbatov (75)

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

As I said in the Man Utd thread, we had 2 hard games...

Spurs V West Ham
Gomez, Corluka, Assou-Ekotto, Bassong, King, Lennon, Modric, Jenas, Palacios, Crouch and Keane. Subs: Walker, Defoe, Kranjcar, Hutton, Pavlyuchenko, dos Santos and Woodgate.

Green, Faubert, Ilunga, Gabbidon, Upson, Kovac, Parker, Stanislas, Collison, Cole and Mido. Subs: Kurucz, da Costa, Behrami, Daprella, Noble, Diamanti and Ilan.

Harry Cant Stop Twitching

Hoping that Mido could do one over the scum, I mean over his former club I decided to start him and he did well, we were creating chances which saw Harry on the twitch up. Spurs decided to put some effort in and Lennon came close with Keane also having a good chance, Green was looking good. The half-time whistle was approaching and we were looking good. Boo's rung around *****, sorry i mean White Hart Lane and Spurs must of been feeling under pressure. The lads were excited, felt they could get them on the down, I just told them to keep tight at the back, knowing us we will let in in the last 10 minutes. The second half was near enough the same. Not many chances being created but Spurs were definately the team on top this half. Added time went up and no-one seemed to want to go for the win. The final whistle went and I can say I am delighted getting 2 points from 2 games I didnt expect much from, nothing really. Another positive was when Spurs don't win Harry goes into his spastic mode, its always fun to watch on MOTD that night.

Spurs 0

West Ham 0

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Papers were saying that it's been a while since I won and if I was the right man for the job, obviously they had seen who I played. However, it was now time to focus on the cup...

West Ham V Portsmouth (League Cup)
Green, Faubert, Ilunga, Gabbidon, Upson, Kovac, Parker, Stanislas, Collison, Cole and Diamanti. Subs: McCarthy, da Costa, Behrami, Daprella, Noble, Mido and Ilan.

James, Vanden Borre, Belhadj, Mokoena, Ben-Haim, Brown, Yebda, Angulo, Utaka, Boateng and Piquionne. Subs: Ashdown, Finnan, Williamson, Diop, Smith, Kaboul and Hurst.

Collison Cuts Loose

It was back to the cup and we picked up a relatively easy draw looking at the teams left. I put my full strength side out and it seemed to pay off early doors. A ball into the box by Diamanti was met by the head of Collison who glanced it into the bottom corner, he is playing well at the moment, 1-0 West Ham. Fair play to Portsmouth they battled on and saw the game as if it was 0-0. Chances from Piquionne and Boateng put me on the edge of my seat. However, Collison was cutting Vanden Borre up horridly and I was feeling sorry for the kid. It paid off in the 42nd minute when a jinx inside from Collison see him go past Vanden Borre and Ben-Haim. Cole was screaming for the ball on the penalty spot, Collison looked up, sees Cole, Cole shoots, Cole scores. 2-0 and Collison was playing beautfiully. Half-time came and we went in to a round of applause by the West Ham faithful. I told the lads that I'm pleased and we need to keep it up. They didn't seem to listen, Pompey seemed to have chance after chance and if they had a good finisher the score could of been diffrent on the day. The final whistle came and we were through to the next round... we just had to hope for a good draw in the next round.

West Ham 2
Collison (9)
Cole (42)

Portsmouth 0

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

So it was another coach trip up north to Stoke and this time the captain, Matty Upson decided to bring the radio. I have fell asleep on the way up there but get rudely interupted by Diamanti who is trying to tell me the draw is on in English, not easy when you just woken up. Upson chuckes me the radio.

Hull City V Wigan
Burnley V Man City
More teams come but not us...
Wolves V West Brom
Man Utd V Charlton
I kept thinking on 2 out the big 5 were out and before I could think any further...
West Ham will play, number 3 Chelsea.

Cheers went up all around the coach, I was looking around smiling thinking this is going to be a toughie. However, there was one bloke not too happy, Matty Upson...

Stoke V West Ham
Sorensen, Shawcross, Higginbotham, Faye, Collins, Lawrence, Licka, Whelan, Whitehead, Tuncay and Fuller. Subs: Simonsen, Cort, Dickinson, Berrier, Kitston, Huth and Pugh.

Green, Faubert, Ilunga, Gabbidon, Upson, Kovac, Parker, Behrami, Collison, Cole and McCarthy. Subs: Tomkins, da Costa, Daprela, Noble, Diamanti, Ilan and Mido.

Upson Goes Rambo

We were looking at a near enough fully fit squad but this was not an easy place to come to and they let us know about it. Chance after chance after chance from Stoke, they were pushing people forward and tactics had to change early on. Half-time was coming well and I was just telling them to keep it tight at the back. Tuncay had been bothering Upson all game and he didnt look in the best of moods on the coach. So when this long ball come over the top, Tuncay went to chest it down but before he could, Upson jumped in 2 footed into the back of his calfs. Upson didn't stop there, he was on top of the bloke grabbing hold of him swearing in his face saying 'I hate them Chelsea bastards, I hate them'. Red card and off he went thanks to the help of Kovac and Green. For some reason I'm trying to argue with the 4th official who is just laughing at me. Half-time went and Upson had already packed his stuff up and went on the coach. I bought Kovac into the back 4 and left Parker in the middle on his own, I just told the boys to do what they can do, it wasn't much. Straight after the break it was the same and the worst chance of them all went in. Green passed it to Ilunga who didnt have time to control it, Tuncay was bearing down on him so he went to boot it away, It hit tuncay and looked like it was going in one way but took a mean deflection of Ilunga and bounced in the other corner. 1-0 down and it was classed as an own goal. They doubled there lead 3 minutes later and Tuncay could definately claim this after a drilled finish into the corner. I bought some changes on hoping something could happen. Luckily enough, that man again, Alessandro Diamanti hit a 25-yard pearler into the top corner of the net and we still had 20 minutes to play. We were making chances and with seconds to play. Mido 1on1, keeper saves, whistle blows and we get nothing. I sympathise the boys when they got in the changing rooms. Upson walked in and said unlucky boys, that one is on me. I let him off this time but he really did lose us any chance of a point.

Stoke 2
Ilunga o/g (55)
Tuncay (58)

West Ham 1
Diamanti (65)
Upson s/o (42)

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Even though we hadn't had a win in the league for a fair while, I was still feeling positive and today was our big chance to break the winless streak...

West Ham V Birmingham
Green, Faubert, Ilunga, Gabbidon, Tomkins, Kovac, Parker, Behrami, Collison, Cole and McCarthy. Subs: Kurucz, da Costa, Daprella, Noble, Diamanti, Ilan and Mido.

Hart, Carr, Queudrue, Boyce, R.Johnson, Larsson, Mcfadden, Michel, Tanio, Ferguson and Benitez. Subs: Doyle, Parnaby, Dann, O'Shea, Phillips, Ridgewell and D.Johnson.

Cole Drills Hammers Home

The game was a must winner and the fans knew it too. The players must of knew about it aswell because in the 8th minute, more great play by Collison left Cole one on one with Hart and being as cool as a cucumber, chips the keeper from the edge of the area, it was truly remarkable. We were domianting through the whole half and were rewared with a second. A misjudge header from R.Johnson saw Cole have the time and pleasure to score from the tight angle. 2 goals for Cole and we were cruising. The on slaught kept on going but Hart was keeping Birmingham in the game. Half-time came and the boys knew what we had to do, just keep it tight. They did so well and Birmingham really didnt have much of a chance of getting back into the game. The final whistle went and I was relieved to have picked our 1st league win in 4 games.

West Ham 2
Cole (8, 22)

Birmingham 0

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

After the game against Birmingham we have got alot of winnable fixtures but I tried to keep focus on the next game...

West Ham V Sunderland
Green, Faubert, Ilunga, Gabbidon, Tomkins, Kovac, Behrami, Stanislas, Collison, Cole and Diamanti. Subs: Kurucz, da Costa, Ilan, Mido and McCarthy.

Gordon, Ferdinand, Paredas, Mensah, Turner, Malbranque, Zenden, Cattermole, Gago, Bent and Campbell. Subs: Fulop, Kilgallon, Nosworthy, Cana, Healy, Bardsley and da Silva.

Collison Cant Stop

It seems that these winnable games really get the players wanting it, they seem to want it more than the big games. It proved it once again. A ball to the far post saw the in-form Welsh left winger, Jack Collison rise above Gago and put West Ham one up. We had 2 more chances in the next 2 minutes. More great play from Collison. However, when your playing well upfront you forget about the strike force and against Sunderland you can't do that. A loose ball which seemed to be going out was caught by the nippy Fraizer Campbell, neat ball through to Darren Bent saw him rifle a good shot into the bottom of the net. Good goal and his 100th of his career. We kept on pressing but were a bit more weary of the threat they had upfront. Chances kept on coming and we were not wanting the half time whistle. Unfortunately it came and I just told the boys to keep on going. They kept on and on but just couldn't find a way. We were looking tired... Mido came on with McCarthy for Cole and Diamanti. It worked like a treat. It was the same bit of play. Collison down wing, ball into near post, Mido flick on, missing the far post by inches. It was getting closer and closer until... Collison down wing, ball into near post, Mido flick on... goal! 2-1 West Ham and I was confident we had this game wrapped up... how I changed my mood quick. 90+3 minutes our left back Herita Ilunga decided to bring down Zenden on the edge of the area. It was like Chelsea all over again. He shoots... and its miles over :) the whistle went and we were moving back up the table.

West Ham 2
Collison (8)
Mido (77)

Sunderland 1
Bent (12)

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:30 PM ----------

Another winnable game coming up but to win this we were going to have to stay on the ball...

West Ham V Fulham
Green, Faubert, Ilunga, Gabbidon, Tomkins, Kovac, Parker, Stanislas, Collison, Mido and McCarthy. Subs: da Costa, Behrami, Noble, Diamanti, Ilan, Kurucz.

Schwarzer, Pantsil, Morel, Hangeland, Hughes, Gera, Kamara, Murphy, Etuhu, Socco and Johnson.Subs: Zuberhuler, Nevland, Greening, Kelly, Zamora, Dempsey and Kallio.

West Ham Wingers Wound Fulham

A ground where West Ham love to win and it didnt take us long to get use to that A lovely bit of play from that man again down the left wing, Jack Collison. He looked up and saw our right winger, Junior Stanislas making a sort of jog into the area. He lofted it long to the back post, Stanislas saw it, got above his man and powered a header in to the top left hand corner of the next, real bit of glass from them 2. The game went on and we were looking the dominate force, chances from Mido and McCarthy should of been put away. At half time I told the boys to keep at it and they did. We got our just reward straight after the half time break, a crafty ball from Kovac into Collison and there was only one place that it was going with the kind of form he is in. 2-0 up and this was going to be 3 league wins on the bounce. However, the game was far from over and Fulham started to pull themselves back into it with Nevland missing a real sitter. In the 70th minute a ball from Johnson over to Nevland, he looked up and saw Gera next to him and he made it 2-1. With 20 minutes to go we had a bit of a sweat on and were having to defend heavily. We blocked every shot and tackled every man and when that final whistle went it was real sigh of relief.

West Ham 2
Stanislas (18)
Collison (46)

Fulham 1
Gera (70)

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:10 PM ----------

We were on a good run and it was going to be a shame to have to stop the run...

West Ham V Chelsea (League Cup)
Green, Faubert, Ilunga, Tomkins, Upson, Kovac, Parker, Stanislas, Collison, Diamanti and McCarthy. Subs: da Costa, Behrami, Noble, Mido, Ilan, Kurucz and Cole.

Cech, Bosingwa, Cole, Carvalaho, Terry, Obi Mikel, Essien, Lampard, Cole, Droga and Cabanas. Subs: Hilario, Zhirkov, Deco, Anelka, Alex, Malouda and Ballack.

Diamanti Rattles Apple Cart

The decision to play Upson was a big one after the 'Rambo' at Stoke. It would prove to be costly. However, the game started brightly with both sides making many chances. Drogba and Cabanas were looking very alert with Diamanti and McCarthy working the best out of nothing. However, with them putting too much pressure on us, a Drogba shot from the edge of the are was well parried by Green but was unfortunate to end to Joe Cole's feet and they were 1-0 up. The players seemed down but there is always one man who keeps his head high. Straight from the kick off, back to Kovac, out wide to Stanislas and a great through ball by the right winger saw Diamanti one on one who rifled the ball through the legs of Cech, 1-1, game on. Chelsea were sturggling and we took advantage of it just before half time, a bad mistake from Carvalho saw him bring down Diamanti and the small man put away the penalty, the fans went into raptures and we were 2-1 up at half time. I told the boys to keep it up for the fans which shouldn't go down to well, seemed like they felt they could win the game. It proved costly, Stright from the off and good ball by Lamapard saw Cabanas have the time and space to turn and hit a wonder strike from the edge of the area into the bottom of the corner. 2 minutes later we were in trouble, Stanislas seemed to win the ball but Chelsea had there 12th men... once again! Lampard stepped up and wern't missing. 3-2 and the fans went quiet. We battled on. Diamanti hat trick? He should of had it. However, Cech was on form this time. Cole came on and came close but despite the battling we were defeated and out of the League Cup. I felt it was sort of my fault and told the lads that.

West Ham 2
Diamanti (37, pen 43)

Chelsea 3
Cole (36)
Cabanas (46)
Lampard (pen 49)

Last edited:
you are doing really well mate what tactic are u using
in my west ham game in the first season i finished 6th
where do u think you will finish?

It was back to the League and I was worried if that loss would affect us...

West Ham V Blackburn
Green, Faubert, Ilunga, Tomkins, Upson, Kovac, Parker, Stanislas, Collison, Diamanti and McCarthy. Subs: da Costa, Behrami, Noble, Mido, Ilan, Kurucz and Cole.

Robinson, Emerton, Givet, Samba, Nelsen, N'Zonzi, Reid, Ono, Diouf, Pedersen and Roberts. Subs: Brown, Chimbonda, Brison, Kalinic, Khizanishvilli, Olsson.

Pedersen Stops Hammers Party

Back to the league and this was another winnable game. However, Blackburn came out strong and were really putting the pressure on us. How they wern't 2-0 up in the first 20 minutes I don't know and I think Big Sam would of been regretting them misses. In the 36th minute a lovely run down the wing from Stanislas and a deep ball into the box saw the boy Jack Collison 'superman' himself into the ball to score a great diving header. 1-0 up and it wasn't deserved really. Half time come around and I tired to give the boys a bit of in encouragement as we wern't playing well. They onbiously wern't listening because 3 minutes in and it was 1-1, a great strike from Jason Roberts. Even though they scored they were looking poorer this half and we were coming on strong with some good chances. With time running out I brung on Cole hoping he could make a diffrence and with 10 minutes to go he did, a one two with Noble, back to Noble who slipped a ball through to Diamanti who placed it into the bottom corner, 2-1 up and it looked like the game was wrapped up... Then I realised who I was managing, same old West Ham. Pedersen given too much room and from 25 yards out he hammered it home. The fans went silent, this win could of took us up to 7th but instead we were left in 10th. We should of had this one!

West Ham 2
Collison (36)
Diamanti (81)

Blackburn 2
Robets (49)
Pedersen (87
)

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

you are doing really well mate what tactic are u using
in my west ham game in the first season i finished 6th
where do u think you will finish?

Yeh not doing too bad, thanks. 6th though, doubt I could get that, all I want is top 10, also I wont get no takeover due to update.

I decided to play 4-2-2-2, 2 dm and 2 wingers. Play control when I play a team I feel we could win and counter if not. Also play wide and quick football, think that is the reason why Collison and Stanislas have been so good.

I'm forever blowing bubbles :)
Rated and gonna be followed mate.. up the Hammers!