Fortunes Always Hiding - West Ham Story.

good stuff, as a hammers fan i'm quite enjoying this

gamestar - cheers mate, lets hope we stay up eh. Irons!

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:24 PM ----------

It was time to carry on our trip to Wembley and next up was a tough away day...

Stoke V West Ham (FA Cup 6th Rnd)
Simonsen, Wilkinson, Dickinson, Shawcross, Huth, Lawrence, Solari, Whelan, Faye, Tuncay and Kitson. Subs: Parton, Collins, Cort, Berrier, Beattie, Davies and Taylor.

Green, Tomkins, Ilunga, Upson, Gabbidon, Kovac, Parker, Noble, Collison, Mido and Cole. Subs: Stech, da Costa, Daprela, Faubert, Stanislas, Diamanti and Ilan.

Cole Pulls Pulis Back To Earth

I know it was going to find a harder opponent than Chelsea but to go to Stoke is not the easiest of tasks and with them having as much confidence of making the final as us, the place was rocking. Just before we started the game I spoke to the Tony Cottee, he said that he had been commentating on alot of the Stoke games and said to be careful of that Faye. I totally forgot about it after the game had kicked off. The game sparked into life early on when Kovac met the studs of Faye's on his ankle. Fans were going mad and the 22 man brawl was happening at the same time, classic. Even me and Pulis had a couple of words... ******! The game carried on and we were struggling. They were looking really threating and Kitson was playing really well, don't ask me how. Wouldn't be paid to have him! Half time was coming and I was just telling the boys to hold out till half-time. 2 minutes later I found myself on the floor. Tuncay found himself fouled from Ilunga. He got up rather quick for his standards, played a quick ball to Kitson who saw Faye free just behind him from about 30 yards and what a strike he hit. Top corner, Green no chance. I had told Kovac to mark him half way through the half and he hadn't. I ran to the edge of my area and before I could get a word out I had gone *** over ****. ******* water bottles! I got up and walked back to the dug out. I looked up and saw Cottee, '**** happens' were the words he spoke. Half-time whistle came and I walked down the tunnel not happy with the Stoke wankers singing 'she fell over'. We got back in the changing rooms and I ripped into Kovac. I thought he might cry at one point. After I had calmed down I told the boys, this is what we want, lets go and get it! We came out second half looking more agressive and it silenced the Stoke faithful with a Mido chance going begging. Time was ticking on and I really was panicking. Me and Clarke were trying to change things around but we couldn't hit the net. I told myself to stick with the top 2 but it was getting stressful. We had 5 minutes to go. Ilan went for a warm up and Diamanti. Out the corner of my eye I saw Kovac pick the ball up while I was talking to Ilan. He played a neat ball to Cole who turned and bang... 'ALWAYS BELIEVE IN... CARLTON COLE!' A 25 yard strike ended up in the top corner. ******* great! Ilan ended up on the floor with me jumping on him when we scored. I was chuffed. The Stoke fans had shut right up and I did give my fair share out which ended in me getting a £5,000 fine. Who cared? We had earned ourselves a replay and it felt like a winning!

Stoke 1
Faye (42)

West Ham 1
Cole (87)

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Back to the League and this could of been seen as a big game for us...

Blackburn V West Ham
Robinson, Emerton, Givet, Samba, Khizanishvilli, N'Zonzi, Reid, Grella, Diouf, Pedersen and Kalinic. Subs: Fielding, Ono, Andrews, di Santo, Jacobsen, Dunn and Brison.

Green, Tomkins, Ilunga, Gabbidon, Upson, Kovac, Parker, Stanislas, Collison, Mido and Cole. Subs: Behrami, Daprela, Faubert, Diamanti, Noble, Ilan and McCarthy.

Boring Blackburn Catches West Ham Asleep

After the Stoke game you could see the tiredness in the players and with the replay coming up it wen't going to get much easier. However, if the players want a rest this game was very boring. It was just long ball football by Blackburn and when he tried to play the ball away we were making the error of giving the ball away. I was nodding off in my seat (too many beers). The first half dragged on and when half time came around I was so pleased to get in the warmth. It was silent in the stands when the whislte went, they must of wished the Blackburn fans were at home with there meat and potato pie. I tried to liven the boys up a bit, give them a bit of encouragement. It did seem to work a bit but we just wernt getting enough shots in. The game was dragging on and a point away at Blackburn wern't looking too bad. However, with 10 minutes to go a ball into the box from Pedersen invaded everyone except from Diouf. With 6 yards from the goal the little prat scored. 1-0 Blackburn and this one was over. The cup run was hurting us.

Blackburn 1
Diouf (79)

West Ham 0

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

FA Cup replay anyone? Bring on the semi's...

West Ham V Stoke (FA Cup 6th Rnd Rep)
Green, Tomkins, Ilunga, Upson, Gabbidon, Parker, Kovac, Stanislas, Collison, Mido and Cole. Subs: Behrami, Daprela, Faubert, Noble, Diamanti, Ilan and McCarthy.

Sorensen, Wilkinson, Dickinson, Shawrcoss, Taylor, Lawrence, Solari, Faye, Soares, Sidibe and Tuncay. Subs: Simonsen, Pugh, Collins, Etherington, Kitson, Cort and Davies.

Cole Couldn't Catch A Ball... Or Can He?

We win this were in the semi's, Wembley... What more could you get the boys up for than going to Wembley. The players tiredness was behind them for this one and we were going to put 110% into it, well thats what I thought... Stoke came out as the home side and were really threating. In the first 15 minutes they had had 5 chances, I was panicking, we needed to get the fans back in voice but I couldn't see much. I got Diamanti to warm up to please the fans as he was turning into a fan favourite. A good run by Collison saw us win the ball near the corner flag, it got the fans back in voice and we had a good chance hear. A ball in by Stanislas and it was met by the head of Cole... YES!!! 1-0 West Ham and it was our first chance of the game. While we were celebrating the Stoke players we fuming and so was Pulis. I gave him a lil cheeky ****** sign away from the camera. Fair play to him, he laughed it off. The game went on and we were still struggling. I was hoping the goal would move us into second gear. The half time whistle went and the fans gave them a round of applause but I could tell they wern't happy with the peformance but who moans when there winning? No-one. I told the boys they got up this a bit, were not playing well enough. It seemed to work and we came out well in the second half. Cole and Mido both going close but there was only one team who were looking the mostly likely to score. Time was ticking on and I made a few changes. I bought on McCarthy for Mido to get the fans awake. With minutes to go Stoke launched a ball into the box, it was headered out by Tomkins but fell to the tough midfielder, Faye. He stroke this ball, breaths were held, it was like de-ja-vu. WHAT A SAVE! Green had stretched so much that he had hurt himself in the save. The whistle went and we had done it. Semi- finals here we come. Man of the match went to Green. However, the draw was up after our game. The teams left were... West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool.

I hated playing spurs and liverpool but I didn't fancy arsenal either, no win situation.

The draw started...

Number 4 West Ham United

will play...

Number 3 Spurs...

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:14 PM ----------

The fans were buzzing for the FA Cup Semi-Final. However, we had the matter of 3 games in the league before the semi-final and they wern't going to be easy...

Bolton V West Ham
Jaasekelainen, Steinsson, Robinson, O'Brien, Knight, Lee Chung-Yong, Gardner, Muamba, Davis, Elamander and Davies. Sub: Al-Habsi, Vaz Te, Jakubko, Taylor, Ricketts, Riga and Sampson.

Green, Tomkins, Ilunga, Gabbidon, Upson, Kovac, Noble, Stanislas, Behrami, Mido and Cole. Subs: Behrami, Daprela, Faubert, da Costa, Diamanti, Ilan and McCarthy.

Noble Left Numb

So Bolton were one of the teams around us and we could of done with the win and we started very positive. Mido and Cole were looking like a good partnership much too my astonishment. I was going to have Mido as a backup to Cole but what do I know. The partnership was causing trouble in the Bolton defence and when the same play happened we were 1-0 up. Cole recieved the ball, saw Mido's run, slotted it into him and he put it into the bottom right hand of the net. 1-0 and we were looking good. Bolton were moaning about the goal being dubious but I couldn't see how. However, they came back in good fighting spirit with Davies and Elmander causing troubles down the other end. They were pushing hard and were looking like they were going to score. Our saviour came, the half-time whistle. The boys jogged in looking fit which was a suprise after the big fixture pile up we had had. I told the boys to try and keep hold of the ball. Let them work for it. We went out second half and done what was told. Bolton were having to chase the ball and were struggling to get it back. Time was ticking on and we needed another. I was talking to Clarke on who could make the impact. Diamanti was the main supsect but before he could get his kit off, Gardner threw the ball to Davis who put a bullet of a ball straight on to Steinsson's head. Great. For some reason the Bolton players all lined up on the goal line when it was being taken. The West Ham players followed up which left Steinsson free. Steve Clarke was not best pleased. The game went on and the game could go either way. With 10 minutes to go this happened... A deep ball in the box from Noble saw Behrami get bundled over by Knight. The ref had no other option. Penalty to West Ham. Noble steps up, our best penalty taker... keeper saves, right down the middle... Steinsson to Davies, Davies to Vaz Te, through ball to Jakubko... 2-1 Bolton. I had so many emotions I felt like I was going to blow up. I didn't know whether to sit down or stand up I was that confused. Bolton held on and got the 3 points...

Bolton 2
Steinsson (68)
Jakubko (84)

West Ham 1
Mido (19)
Noble m/p (83)

Mido's having a good season so far, nice to see you are the team you support as these are normally the stories that get continued :)
Rated 5 stars also.
Check out my story if you want :)

Mido's having a good season so far, nice to see you are the team you support as these are normally the stories that get continued :)
Rated 5 stars also.
Check out my story if you want :)

Josh - Yeh somehow he's doing well :) I need to get back on with it. Haven't played many games lately. Ill have a butchers at yours. Thanks mate.

Great story, really cool to hear about others ideas on the game and how they would manage West Ham, can you or sombody tell me how I could start my own story.