Forza Milan!!! A Guide to Manage the Most Succesful Club.

bijak

Reaction score
ASSOCIAZIONE CALCIO MILAN, SpA
View attachment 203080

CLUB INFO
Founding Year: 1899
Chairman: Silvio Berlusconi
Fierce Rivals: Inter, Juventus
Serie A Rivals: Roma, Lazio, Napoli, Atalanta, Genoa, Fiorentina
Other Rivals: Verona, Livorno
Stadium: San Siro (capacity: 80,018 all-seater)
Corporate Facilities: Top
Training Facilities: Top
Youth Facilities: Excellent
Junior Coaching: Average
Youth Recruitment: Well estabilished

It is highly recommended that you request to upgrade Youth Facilities to the board. With good facilities, your team will banging wonderkids.

AFFILIATES
Triestina (Loaning, C1)
SPAL (Loaning, First Option, C1)
Juventus (Friendly, A)
Padova (Loaning, B)
Monza (Loaning, C1)

Renate (Loaning, C2)
Varese (Loan, Friendly, B)
Benevento (First Option, C1)
Boavista (First Option, Youth Train)
Spartak Moscow (Merchandising, Friendly)

Those listed in red are long-term deals. It’s recommended that you start the game with Italy down to Serie C1 because most of your affiliates that can be sent players for loan are in there.
I suggest terminate Renate because it's simply ****, and also Benevento because you won't get very good players to ****** from there.

TEAM FACTS AND CONDITION
TEAM FACTS
Average Age: 29.80
Average Height/Weight: 182 cm/72 kg
Average Wage: EUR 97k pw
Average Value: EUR 6.75m

CONDITION
Milan have a very old and overpaid squad. The first thing that you should do is to reduce the wage bill and to reduce the average age of the squad. I’d suggest you to filter your player search only for under 25 years old players.

EXPECTATION
Title Challenge: EUR 8M transfer/ EUR 2.6M pw wage
Winner: EUR 9.75M transfer/ EUR 2.9 M pw wage
Current Wage Total: EUR 2.5 M pw

I recommend Title Challenge because your rivals are getting stronger this season.

PLAYERS AND TRANSFERS
This section will be sorted by position and picking order.
Player template: Name (Age, Wage, Expiry Date of Contract)
Transfer Player template: Name (Age, Value, Expiry Date of Contract)
Names in red means the player is not in his natural/accomplished position.

GK
Christian Abbiati (34 yrs, EUR 67k pw, Jun 2013)
Should be your first choice goalkeeper. Be aware that his best years is about to go very soon. Need a replacement for the second season.

Marco Amelia (29 yrs, EUR 51k pw, Jun 2014)
Nearing 30, and he’s not that good to be the number one. Good backup though. If you can find better goalkeeper(s), I suggest you to sell him in January or next season.

Flavio Roma (37 yrs, EUR 16.75k pw, Jun 2012)
Very old, and not good enough for Milan. Sell him soon

TRANSFERS
Samir Handanović (26 yrs, EUR 4.7M, Jun 2013)
Rui Patricio (23 yrs, EUR 2.8M, Jun 2013)
Matej Delac (18 yrs, EUR 1.7M, Jun 2014)
Andrea Consigli (24 yrs, EUR 1.8M, Jun 2014)
Marc Andre ter Stegen (19 yrs, EUR 2.4M, Jun 2014)

DR/WBR
Ignazio Abate (24 yrs, EUR 67k pw, Jun 2014)
Abate is the boss here. Last year DR wasn’t his natural position. Now you won’t need to retrain him in this position.

Gianluca Zambrotta (34 yrs, EUR 120k pw, Jun 2012)
He’s a good backup despite his advancing years. But looking at his very high wage and his age, if you could sell him it will be good. If you failed to sell him, just let him go at the end of the season.

TRANSFERS
Serge Aurier (18 yrs, EUR 2.2M, Jun 2015)
Gregory van der Wiel (23 yrs, EUR 4.6M, Jun 2013)
Lorenzo de Silvestri (23 yrs, EUR 2.1M, Jun 2013)
Martin Montoya (20 yrs, EUR 1.5M, Jun 2012)

DC
Alessandro Nesta (35 yrs, EUR 84k pw, Jun 2012)
Nesta is still a beast eventhough he’s 35 now. Keep him until his retirement to tutor youngsters. Don’t forget to lower his wage when offering him a new contract!

Thiago Silva (26 yrs, EUR 135k pw, Jun 2016)
One of the best center back in the world. Keep him until, well, you get a EUR 100M offer.

Philippe Mexes (29 yrs, EUR 135k pw, Jun 2015)
Mexes will be good as a stopper, but consider his high salary before you decide to keep him or sell him.

Mario Yepes (35 yrs, EUR 33.5k pw, Jun 2012)
Yepes is far from Milan's standard. I suggest you to sell him.

Daniele Bonera (30 yrs, EUR 67k pw, Jun 2013)
Bonera ain't a Milan class player. I suggest you to sell him.

TRANSFERS
Salvatore Bocchetti (24 yrs, EUR 4.5M, Jun 2013)
Davide Astori (24 yrs, EUR 2.2M, Jun 2012)
Ezequiel Munoz (20 yrs, EUR 4.6M, Jun 2015)
Isaac Vorsah (23 yrs, EUR 3.9M, Jun 2014)

DL/WBL
Taye Taiwo (26 yrs, EUR 61k pw, Jun 2014)
He’s your best player in left back position. Keep him until you get a better one.

Luca Antonini (28 yrs, EUR 51k pw, Jun 2014)
Antonini is just decent when playing as a left back. If you can find better left backs, I suggest you to sell him.

Urby Emanuelson (25 yrs, EUR 67k pw, Jun 2014)
Not his natural position, but still a decent backup. You can retrain him, but he won't be that good.

TRANSFERS
Alex Sandro (20 yrs, EUR 4.1M, Jun 2016)
Diego Contento (21 yrs, EUR 3.7M, Jun 2013)
Luca Antonelli (24 yrs, EUR 2.5M, Jun 2014)
Gabriel Silva (21 yrs, EUR 2.1M, Dec 2013)

Just a reminder, you have Didac out on loan. He’s a good young full-back, really.

DM
As a sidenote, these players are also capable of playing as a MC.

Massimo Ambrosini (34 yrs, EUR 100k pw, Jun 2012)
Il capitano. Keep him until his retirement to tutor young pearls.

Antonio Nocerino (26 yrs, EUR 51k pw, Jun 2016)
Nocerino has good defensive stats and some decent creativity. With high stamina, he is also good if you play him as a Box-to-Box midfielder

Gennaro Gattuso (33 yrs, EUR 135k pw, Jun 2012)
Gattuso have a great physical stats (except on his speed). Consider his wage before you decide to sell him or keep him.

Mathieu Flamini (27 yrs, EUR 150k pw, Jun 2012)
Flamini ain't better than Nocerino. You'd better sell him quickly eventhough he demands money to move.

TRANSFERS
Yann M’Vila (21 yrs, EUR 5.5M, Jun 2014)
Etienne Capoue (23 yrs, EUR 4.5M, Jun 2015)
Gary Medel (23 yrs, EUR 5.5M, Jun 2015)
Mohamed Diamé (24 yrs, EUR 2.8M, Jun 2012)

This MUST be your priority on the next season as most of your DMs are over 30s.

MR
I won’t suggest you to use right midfielder because only Abate can fill it up.

His natural position is right back and if you're employing him in this position, your right back post will be weak.

TRANSFERS
As said before, I won’t suggest you to use MR. But if you still want to use it, I’ll suggest you to buy these players:
Michael Kightly (25 yrs, EUR 2.6M, Jun 2012)
Mathias Ezequiel Schelotto (22 yrs, EUR 1.8M, Jun 2012)

MC
Kevin-Prince Boateng (24 yrs, EUR 84k pw, Jun 2015)
Prince could do well as a playmaker. He’s even better than Aquilani.

Mark van Bommel (34 yrs, EUR 120k pw, Jun 2012)
van Bommel is rated 3.5 stars despite his age. He can also play as a DM. Consider his high salary before you decide to keep him or sell him.

Alberto Aquilani (27 yrs, EUR 69k pw, Jun 2012)
Prince plays better than him. Before you tie him on a permanent contract, again, consider his salary.

Clarence Seedorf (35 yrs, EUR 100k pw, Jun 2012)
Consider his wage before offering him a new contract. He's nowhere near Milan's standard this year, but you can keep him until his retirement to tutor youngsters.

His natural position is left midfielder. He's competent as a MC, but don't hope too much from him.

TRANSFERS
Armin Bacinović (21 yrs, EUR 5M, Jun 2016)
Marvin Martin (23 yrs, EUR 6.5M, Jun 2015)
Milan Badelj (22 yrs, EUR 1.6M, Jun 2013)
Zakaria Labyad (18 yrs, EUR 1.6M, Jun 2012)

You’ll need a rotation for Prince as he can’t play every game. I highly recommend Bacinović as he also could play as a hard-man (Ball Winner/Anchorman). By the way, you also have Alexander Merkel and Rodney Strasser out on loan/co-ownership. These players will become good players.

ML
I won’t suggest you to use ML, because only Urby that naturally can fill it.

Urby is a good left midfielder, but he have no counterpart in the other side of the flank. He won't be that useful for Milan, so consider selling him.

Consider his wage before offering him a new contract. He's nowhere near Milan's standard this year, but you can keep him until his retirement to tutor youngsters.

TRANSFERS
As said before, I won’t suggest you to use ML. But if you still want to use it, I’ll suggest you to buy these players:
Marcell Jansen (25 yrs, EUR 6M, Jun 2013)

AMR
Pato (21 yrs, EUR 135k pw, Jun 2014)
Retrain him as an AMR until it become his natural position. He’ll be a very dangerous winger.

Robinho (27 yrs, EUR 135k pw, Jun 2014)
His natural is striker, and accomplished AML. It would be a good idea to retrain him as a right winger.

Just for a backup, in case you’ve got no wingers left. Better find another player for a cover in this position.

TRANSFERS

Nicolás Gaitán (23 yrs, EUR 5.5M, Jun 2015)
Ryad Boudebouz (21 yrs, EUR 5M, Jun 2013)

AMC
Good trequartista. He could score lots from distance, really.

Kevin-Prince Boateng (24 yrs, EUR 84k pw, Jun 2015)
As said before, Prince could do well as a playmaker. Beside that, he's also a good trequartista. His long shots maybe not that good, but he can score lots from distance.

Antonio Cassano (29 yrs, EUR 100k pw, Jun 2014)
Cassano is somewhat like Robinho. He's on his late 20s and much slower than Robinho. Consider selling him.

Alberto Aquilani (27 yrs, EUR 69k pw, Jun 2012)
Prince plays better than him. Before you tie him on a permanent contract, again, consider his salary. I suggest you to let him go back to Liverpool.

TRANSFERS
Adryan (17 yrs, EUR 1.1M, Apr 2014)
Thiago Alcantara (20 yrs, EUR 6.75M, Jun 2015)
Siem de Jong (22 yrs, EUR 3.1M, Jun 2015)

AML
He can break up opposition’s defence from the left. Will get some goals and assists from him in this position.

Cassano is in the same level as Robinho. Consider his age and wage before you decide to keep or to sell him.

Urby is just decent when played as AML. Can't get the best out of him really. Consider selling him.

TRANSFERS
Nicolás Gaitán (23 yrs, EUR 5.5M, Jun 2015)
Adem Ljajic (19 yrs, EUR 5.25M, Jun 2014)

ST
Zlatan Ibrahimović (30 yrs, EUR 300k pw, Jun 2014)
The beast is here! He’ll bang goals and goals and goals with Complete Forward/Att or Target Man/Att.

Pato (21 yrs, EUR 135k pw, Jun 2014)
One of the world’s hottest prospect. Keep him with your life!

Robinho is a good poacher, but he's under Pato's shadow, really. Plays better in AML/AMR in my opinion.

Cassano have good technical stats that can make him a good Trequartista or Deep-Lying Forward. Again, consider his age and wage before you decide to keep or sell him.

Filippo Inzaghi (37 yrs, EUR 27k pw, Jun 2012)
He's far from Milan's standard, so just let him leave in the end of first season. Keep watching him just in case he retires, and appoint him as a coach.

TRANSFERS
Alberto Paloschi (21 yrs, EUR 2.1M, Jun 2012)
Lacina Traore (21 yrs, EUR 2.5M, Jun 2015)
Eren Derdiyok (23 yrs, EUR 7.75M, Jun 2013)
Yaya Sanogo (18 yrs, EUR 1.9M, Jun 2012)
Vincent Aboubakar (19 yrs, EUR 3.4M, Jun 2013)
Mbaye Niang (16 yrs, EUR 2.2M, Jun 2014)

You also can retrain Paloschi to be an AMR. If you play with a target-man, you'll definitely need a fast-and-big striker as a cover for Ibra.

PROSPECTS
Mattia Valoti (AMC; MC, AML)
Currently on a co-ownership contract with Milan and Albinoleffe. He’s going to be a great creative force in your midfield.

Stephan El Shaarawy (AMR; AML, AMC)
Currently in a co-ownership contract with Milan and Genoa. He’ll be a good backup or even a starter as an attacking midfielder. Promote him to the senior team as a backup winger.

Lazar Petković (GK)
Lazar could be a good player. If he failed, you can sell him for good.

OUT ON LOAN/CO-OWNERSHIP
I chose five best players that currently not at club.
Simone Calvano (MC; MR)
Didac Vila (DL; WBL)
Alexander Merkel (MC; MR, AMC)
Rodney Strasser (MC; MR, DM)
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (AMR; ST)

FORMATION
View attachment 205534
4-3-3
Roles/Duties:
Goalkeeper/Def
Fullbacks/Sup, Limited Defender/Stp (Nesta), Central Defender/Cov (Thiago Silva)
Anchor Man/Def
Box-to-box/Sup (van Bommel), Advanced Playmaker/Att (Prince)
Wingers/Att
Target Man/Att

View attachment 205535
4-2-4
Roles/Duties:
Goalkeeper/Def
Fullbacks/Sup, Limited Defender/Stp (Nesta), Central Defender/Cov (Thiago Silva)
Ball Winner/Def (Ambrosini), Advanced Playmaker/Att (Prince)
Wingers/Att
Deep-Lying Forward/Sup (Cassano), Target Man/Att (Ibra)

Use maximum size of pitch dimension for both formations!

TRAINING
I used my own training. If you want to try another, just find it around. I don’t know which one is the best, because I always use my own training.

BACKROOM STAFFS
ASSISTANT MANAGER
Mauro Tassotti

FIRST TEAM COACHES
Daniele Tognaccini, Andrea Maldera, Sergio Mascheroni, Fabio Allevi, Simone Folletti, Bruno Dominici, Andrea Primitivi, Agostino Tibaudi

YOUTH COACHES
William Vecchi, Omar Danesi, Aldo Dolcetti, Beniamino Abate, Marco Merlo, Alessandro Lazzarini

GOALKEEPING COACHES
Valerio Fiori, Marco Landucci

FITNESS COACHES
(a regen)

PHYSIO
Stefano Grani, Roberto Boerci, Marco Paesanti, Endo Tomonori, Armando Gozzini, Rodolfo Tavana, Dario Lorenzo Fort, Marco Cattaneo, Roberto Morosi, Albino Rossetti

SCOUTS
Andrea Valdinoci, Serginho, Angelo Carbone, Ibrahim Ba, Filippo Galli, Riccardo Pecini, Silvio Broli, Giovanni Lorini, Pierino Prati, Pierre Aubameyang, Sebastiano Rossi, Stefano Eranio

STAFFS TRANSFERS
Those listed in RED should be mutually terminated.
Change Beniamino Abate’s contract from a Youth Coach into a GK Coach.
Change Agostino Tibaudi's contract from a 1st Team Coach into a Fitness Coach.

Tassotti is a very good assistant, but if you wish to have better knowledge of your players’ ability, just try to appoint an assistant manager with a great JPA and JPP, and above-decent Tactical Knowledge. Bruno Demichelis is a good example.

Recommendation:
Adrian Lamb (Fitness), Domenico Borelli (Coach), Bobby Downes (Youth), Marcel Desailly (Coach), Angel Vales (Coach), Gian Nicola Bisciotti (Fitness), Paul Montgomery (Scout), Alex Gibson (Coach), Angelo Sciuto (First Team), Pantaleo Corvino (Scout), Carmine Longo (Scout), Bruno Demichelis (Assistant Manager)

NOTES
If you’re going to make a more Italian Milan team with more Italian players, I told you, it will be very difficult, because lots of Italian players are not THAT good for Milan. Good Italians will cost you more than some good foreigners out there.
If you are going to offer these veterans new contract, do it after the winter transfer window, as they'll agree lower salaries.

Any suggestions will be appreciated :)

Last edited:
simply outstanding :) If the advanced playmaker is replaced with a deep lying playmaker does the tactic work ?

Nice, in-depth, well-informed guide although it seems you want to sell everyone! ;) Personally, I would keep Mexes and Emmanuelson just to name a few.

it seems you want to sell everyone! ;)

you got the point ;)
why would you pay a 35-year-old snail-paced midfielder called Clarence Seedorf EUR 100k per week while you can pay somebody else aged under 25 and plays better much lower than that?

thanks mate :)

not quite sure, but I think it's not going to work.

Like your aging Milan, I am with an aging Bolton Wanderers side. Comparing Bolton and Milan is a stupid idea, but I use an almost similar tactic to your 4-3-3. I play with standard mentality and a deep line ( because I have no money and all my central defenders and full backs are either slow or brainless, with the exception of Gary Cahill ). I play narrow and with a medium tempo and rely on counter attacking. Almost all my player roles are the same as your with the following exceptions:

STC - Kevin Davies - target man attack / David N'Gog deep lying forward attack
RW - Mario Santana / Chris Eagles - advanced playmaker attack
MCL - Ruben Yettergard Jensen - deep lying playmaker support.

Target man - STC. Supply to feet.

I generally aim for a draw every game regardless of opposition, and if I get a win I take it as a bonus. Currently sitting 4th in EPL ( end of november, first season. ) I am really frustrated with my Sam Allardyce tactics as it is terrible to watch with everyone opponent playing tiki taka in my half. I want to play more attacking good looking football. I have no good advanced playmaker attack unfortunately, so that was why I posted the question wondering if my deep lying playmaker would do the job if I shift to a more attacking tactic like yours.

Now i have the following questions for you:

1. Does a limited defender compete for headers like a central defender ? In the attributes required for a limited defender, heading is not highlighted.

2. What marking system do you use for your stopper and cover pair - zonal / man / tight marking / no tight marking ?

3. Why do you drill crosses ? Aint Zlatan a big beast in the air ? Or is it because, if one of the wingers FLOAT a cross, it invariably ends up on the head of your other side winger, who is unable to compete for the ball as he is small.... And if you DRILL a cross it ends up somewhere near Zlatan who can then tap it in ? If cross is aimed at TARGET MAN does it work better ? Please let me know. The decision making attribute of my wingers are pathetic and if I can instruct them where to cross it will be a big help.

you got the point ;)
why would you pay a 35-year-old snail-paced midfielder called Clarence Seedorf EUR 100k per week while you can pay somebody else aged under 25 and plays better much lower than that?

Flavor. Why play Milan if you're gonna sell most, if not all, of their RL players?

Is that keeper roma not quite a recent signing?

Great guide! Thinking of starting a Rossoneri save soon :)

Is that keeper roma not quite a recent signing?
Not really, he was on FM 2011; same old useless keeper! :)

By the way, no offence or anything, I agree with Athe~ - there's no problem with selling all their players when you play with them, but if you creating a guide to managing them I wouldn't tell people to make a massive overhaul of the squad and tell them who to sell, they should think for themselves a bit. Having said that, I do appreciate the amount of time you must have taken to create this guide (and it is very good quality).

Last edited:
1. Does a limited defender compete for headers like a central defender ? In the attributes required for a limited defender, heading is not highlighted.

2. What marking system do you use for your stopper and cover pair - zonal / man / tight marking / no tight marking ?

3. Why do you drill crosses ? Aint Zlatan a big beast in the air ? Or is it because, if one of the wingers FLOAT a cross, it invariably ends up on the head of your other side winger, who is unable to compete for the ball as he is small.... And if you DRILL a cross it ends up somewhere near Zlatan who can then tap it in ? If cross is aimed at TARGET MAN does it work better ? Please let me know. The decision making attribute of my wingers are pathetic and if I can instruct them where to cross it will be a big help.

1. The main job of a Limited Defender is to close down strikers and halt them before they are reaching the penalty box. Having a good defender in the air would be a bonus, because they can halt aerial attacks.

2. For a Stopper-Cover combo, Zonal marking is suggested for more interceptions (remarkably by the covering defender).

3. Yes, float crosses nearly always go to the other side of the pitch. That's why I choose drill crosses because Zlatan can head it, and if Zlatan misses his header (which means the ball is going to the other flank), the winger can tap it in.

Flavor. Why play Milan if you're gonna sell most, if not all, of their RL players?

By the way, no offence or anything, I agree with Athe~ - there's no problem with selling all their players when you play with them, but if you creating a guide to managing them I wouldn't tell people to make a massive overhaul of the squad and tell them who to sell, they should think for themselves a bit. Having said that, I do appreciate the amount of time you must have taken to create this guide (and it is very good quality).
well, in the first season, the squad is good enough, but next season (when Nesta is 36, Gattuso 35, Ambrosini 35, Seedorf 36, van Bommel 35, Zambrotta 35, Bonera 31, Abbiati 35, Zlatan 31, Mexes 30, Cassano 30) you'll need a squad-rejuvenation. I highly suggest the rejuvenation starts very soon.

Great guide! Thinking of starting a Rossoneri save soon :)
good luck with that mate ;)

Very detailed guide, a lot of recommended signings, apart from those you recommended i think Marco Veratti(Pescara) and Giuseppe Prestia (Palermo) would be good buys for the future, won't cost too much either

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was good last year in FM 11 (as he was at spurs while i was managing arsenal) and did bang 30 in the EPL :p

Just started a game as AC Milan last night. They do have a lot of older players on high wages, so I understand why you'd want to get rid of them. I've decided to keep the majority of them, and replace them once they're contracts are up. I may try and renew Nesta, Amrosini and Seedorf's contract later in the season if they agree to a pay cut.

I sold Zambrotta, Roma and Flamini but still have to cover £70-80k a week of their wages for the last year of their contract, but I think the first season will be somewhat of a transitional year for me as Milan manager, as I have kept the main nucleus of the team, but signed a new young GK, RB, CB and 2 strikers, as I am playing 4-1-2-3 formation with a Defensive Mid and 2 Centre Mid's. I think at the end of the first season I'll need to overhaul my midfield as I'll probably only keep Nocerino and Boateng

Just started a game as AC Milan last night. They do have a lot of older players on high wages, so I understand why you'd want to get rid of them. I've decided to keep the majority of them, and replace them once they're contracts are up. I may try and renew Nesta, Amrosini and Seedorf's contract later in the season if they agree to a pay cut.

I sold Zambrotta, Roma and Flamini but still have to cover £70-80k a week of their wages for the last year of their contract, but I think the first season will be somewhat of a transitional year for me as Milan manager, as I have kept the main nucleus of the team, but signed a new young GK, RB, CB and 2 strikers, as I am playing 4-1-2-3 formation with a Defensive Mid and 2 Centre Mid's. I think at the end of the first season I'll need to overhaul my midfield as I'll probably only keep Nocerino and Boateng

yeah, for some reason they'll agree to a pay cut if you renew their contract after the winter transfer window.
for example Gennaro Gattuso, from EUR 135k pw to EUR 34.5k pw (that's crazy, but saved your finance really)

may I know who are the players that you've bought?

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was good last year in FM 11 (as he was at spurs while i was managing arsenal) and did bang 30 in the EPL :p

Signed him on FIFA, he's lethal! Top scorer in Premier League twice. When I get bored of my Sporting save, I'll definately use this guide, AC are my favourite Italian team!

Last edited:
I've signed Der Stegen (GK), Sime Vrsaljko (RB), Prestia (CB), Niang (CF), Couilabily (CF) and got Daniel Sturridge on a year long loan. Could do with getting in some new midfielders too but I'm down to about £3m to spend. Need to lower some wages during the transfer window to free up some cash

Try to sign Bonaventura from Atalanta, he turns out excellent!