ok,i think i understood your filosofy Chrissy,
i made a formation tactic putting my players in their best positions,and choosing a role from the information panel of each player.
No individual instructions,basic team instructions from fourfourtwo.tac,and amend the mentality even during the game (and of course from the opposition).

Opening post updated. Expect a few folk to get arsey about it. Tough.

Personally I really liked that OP, honest and to the point and there isn't enough of that these days....so good on you mate!

Also really thank you for taking the time to share your tactic and your thinking behind it, I agree too about the pre-set tactics. They are very useable and coupled with a good assistant you can do well, however it has to be stressed perhaps more so with this years FM that man management or micro management is very very important.

Half the fun of the game is tweaking and playing and everyone get's done over by the ME...it seems a given at some point with the FM series altogether.

Thanks again mate, hope you have a great day!

Last edited:
what is the meaning of less is more?
Only looked at the settings and roles in the tactic last night. Seems very "less is more" - have not tried it yey - but looking forward to try it. Just need a ML... Using very offensive players on AML :)

Will give some feedback when played some matches in the weekend!

I think thanx to Chrissy,anyone enjoy this game much better now.
Fourfourtwo is based on pair and combinations threat.
Cause you may one have players that suit better in other roles,so try to search these combinations by yourself make a formation and try these simple team instructions from fourfourtwo.
And amend them during play.