Mate, is all wrong, it was a 4-2(MCs)-2(Wings)-2(Strikers) you were about to make, did ya forget that :p
Well on a serious note, lets see if i get time to test it, between EC on the telly and my own tactic tinkering :)

Just so you know, I'm working on a 4-2-2-2 today, so far, so good....
View attachment 141974

Well, Iceland has a really short season! But we finished 2nd, 6 places ahead of the media prediction. And qualified for Europa. So now I can get rid of all the wingers and wide-mids on my team and get some strikers. Next season should be a championship or bust.

View attachment 141930

Still had the Golden Boot winner :p
View attachment 141928

What's a bad team with good strikers to try this one out on? :p

Paris FC, they got a few strikers but they aren't great even for Ligue 2 :p

Nice result with Liverpool :)

Potentially is this better or the 4231?

Potentially is this better or the 4231?

Personally, I like the 4231 better because I like playing with only 1 striker.

But this one scores more goals and the strikers will score way, way more, as the wingers score a lot in the 4231. I rarely win the Golden Boot with the 4231 but I almost always win it with this one.

So it's just a matter of what style of football you prefer playing (H)

I've just tried this tactic for one season with 3 different underdog teams and I have got some pretty good results from it so far.

The first being with Haverfordwest in the Welsh premier league, media prediction 12th out of 12 teams, I finished 3rd and won the play-offs for EURO cup qualification!

View attachment 141714View attachment 141713View attachment 141712

The second playing with Warrenpoint in the Northern Irish premier league, again a media prediction of 12th out of 12 and this team managed to finish top by 6 points, they also won 2 of the 3 Irish domestic cups!

View attachment 141707View attachment 141705View attachment 141704

The final team was Burnley in the English premier league, with a media prediction of 20th we managed to finish 7th and secure EURO cup qualification! I'm particularly impressed with the fact that this tactic turned Burnley into the second highest scoring team in the league, although we were one of the worst defensively haha! I have started on the next season now and Burnley won all 6 of their EURO cup group games with a goal difference of 22!

View attachment 141702View attachment 141701

I'm normally quite an impatient football manager player but this time I decided to stick with a tactic until the end regardless of how the results were, and I was not disappointed! If you decide to try this tactic, I urge you to stick with it even if it's not going so great early on!

Cheers for this awesome tactic GobBluthJD!

I've just tried this tactic for one season with 3 different underdog teams and I have got some pretty good results from it so far.

The first being with Haverfordwest in the Welsh premier league, media prediction 12th out of 12 teams, I finished 3rd and won the play-offs for EURO cup qualification!

View attachment 1062724View attachment 1062725View attachment 1062726

The second playing with Warrenpoint in the Northern Irish premier league, again a media prediction of 12th out of 12 and this team managed to finish top by 6 points, they also won 2 of the 3 Irish domestic cups!

View attachment 1062731View attachment 1062732View attachment 1062733

The final team was Burnley in the English premier league, with a media prediction of 20th we managed to finish 7th and secure EURO cup qualification! I'm particularly impressed with the fact that this tactic turned Burnley into the second highest scoring team in the league, although we were one of the worst defensively haha! I have started on the next season now and Burnley won all 6 of their EURO cup group games with a goal difference of 22!

View attachment 1062735View attachment 1062736

I'm normally quite an impatient football manager player but this time I decided to stick with a tactic until the end regardless of how the results were, and I was not disappointed! If you decide to try this tactic, I urge you to stick with it even if it's not going so great early on!

Quality post - cheers for you mate

View attachment 1062724View attachment 1062725View attachment 1062726

View attachment 1062731View attachment 1062732View attachment 1062733

View attachment 1062735View attachment 1062736

Great results! Thanks for sharing (H) Did you win the Golden Boot with anyone?