madridboy1986

Reaction score
ah what can you say about the 1997/98 season, quite alot really Ronaldo best player in the world, Arsenal beating Man Utd Strangle hold on the EPL (after Blackburn Rovers won it in 95), Celtic stopping Rangers doing a 10 in a row, Real Madrid winning the UCL for the first time since 1966, Juventus 3 time UCL finalist 1 time winner 2 times runners-up, Brazil in their second WC final since winning the comp in 94 and even then since 1970, France at their second time hosting the WC and get to the world cup final as host and winning the comp since Argentina '78, this will be started on FM 13 & maybe restarted again in FM 14 if the editor doesn't ****** it up and remove players or I could just re-add them in we'll wait and see :)

this is also my favourite WC out of the whole 90s era :p plus players like Hagi Michael Laudrup and Stoichkov are still active :)also Mounrho is an assissant manager at Barcelona

what team should I do first?

Last edited:
I started making this database over the weekend too, not sure if I will continue it tho, to make it as perfect as I want it will take ages and fm14 will probably be out before I finish it, might wait until then. loved the 98 world cup great era with great players.

I'm using CM2 97/98 to build my database and using those attributes found in the cm2 editor, but there are no reserve teams and u18s so I'm using CM3 98/99 to fill the reserves and u18 as well as bulking up the database with more players that existed in 97/98 but were not on the game until 98/99. I think it's basically any player aged 29 or older qualifys for the database.

Good luck with it.

I started making this database over the weekend too, not sure if I will continue it tho, to make it as perfect as I want it will take ages and fm14 will probably be out before I finish it, might wait until then. loved the 98 world cup great era with great players.

I'm using CM2 97/98 to build my database and using those attributes found in the cm2 editor, but there are no reserve teams and u18s so I'm using CM3 98/99 to fill the reserves and u18 as well as bulking up the database with more players that existed in 97/98 but were not on the game until 98/99. I think it's basically any player aged 29 or older qualifys for the database.

Good luck with it.

thanks and yea I'll be re-making it for FM 14 aswell :), also I'm doing to be doing in nations with the game running and both editors running at the same time

Why make two of the same database? You two should team up

thanks and yea I'll be re-making it for FM 14 aswell :), also I'm doing to be doing in nations with the game running and both editors running at the same time

What lol?

What was your last db 01/02 for fm12?

You might be able to help me with something that has been bothering me?
I recreated Ronaldinho as a 17year old at Gremio using the attributes he had as an 18year on the CM3 editor but when I loaded up FM13 with my new Db his stats were considerably lower than what I has set them as?
Any ideas?

Why make two of the same database? You two should team up

Yeah i have no problem teaming up, it's up to Madrid boy really, I was just going to do mine for fun, not to release it.
Don't wanna commit to it incase I can't devote enough time to it, that wouldn't be fair to Madrid boy.

What lol?

What was your last db 01/02 for fm12?

You might be able to help me with something that has been bothering me?
I recreated Ronaldinho as a 17year old at Gremio using the attributes he had as an 18year on the CM3 editor but when I loaded up FM13 with my new Db his stats were considerably lower than what I has set them as?
Any ideas?

I'm running CM 97/98 with a single nation loaded up & the CM 97/98 editor in the background and no I had a try at CM4 this year but gave up away through as it started to bug out on me players where going on free agents and stuff when they were in Clubs

what's the current & Potential Ability plus the rep of the player might changes his in game Attributes

Last edited:
By the way I'm in the very very early stages.

My 1st step was to load the editor and delete every person on it.
Good or bad move?

Restructed some leagues that had changed. (number of teams in league and the teams that were in those leagues that season).

Created a few players and done their histories.

I'm running CM 97/98 with a single nation loaded up & the CM 97/98 editor in the background and no I had a try at CM4 this year but gave up away through as it started to bug out on me players where going on free agents and stuff when they were in Clubs

what's the current & Potential Ability plus the rep of the player might changes his in game Attributes

Oh sorry yeah I get ya, that's what I'm doing too.

His PA was only 180 on CM3 (increased to 195 on my new db) his CA was 145 on CM3 left that the same.
When I loaded my new db his attributes were a couple of numbers lower eg I set acceleration to 18 (which it was on CM3) but in my game it was 16, same for his other attributes.
Will they increase over time to reflect his attributes in my db?

By the way I'm in the very very early stages.

My 1st step was to load the editor and delete every person on it.
Good or bad move?

Restructed some leagues that had changed. (number of teams in league and the teams that were in those leagues that season).

Created a few players and done their histories.

so your in the same boat I am :),

I've never really delete ever player before so I can't really answer that ? mate sorry, also the league restricted thing can be a pain in the **** really, e.g. Italian Serie A had 18 clubs in it until the 2004/05 season now if you change it to be like it was in 1997/98 you might get a yellow triangle saying can only find 18/20 out clubs in the league, also the french league is the exact same but it's up to ya, England you would have to remove the blue square north/south, and redo every club, playoff in the championship etc, Germany you would have to bring back the german league cup

Oh sorry yeah I get ya, that's what I'm doing too.

His PA was only 180 on CM3 (increased to 195 on my new db) his CA was 145 on CM3 left that the same.
When I loaded my new db his attributes were a couple of numbers lower eg I set acceleration to 18 (which it was on CM3) but in my game it was 16, same for his other attributes.
Will they increase over time to reflect his attributes in my db?

they should do :)

I figured out how to do the number of teams in a league and avoid the "yellow triangle" so I could restructure the Italian league to 18 and other leagues to how they were.

I was just going to delete below league 2 as the blue square (conference) wasn't on CM97/98 was it??

I was thinking of doing the main leagues of Europe and leaving like the 3rd devisions of Italy and Spain ect (do the players and clubs but not have the leagues as playable? but haven't decided yet...
Basically I was gonna add every player from the CM97/98 db and a load from CM3 and focus on the main leagues.

I figured out how to do the number of teams in a league and avoid the "yellow triangle" so I could restructure the Italian league to 18 and other leagues to how they were.

I was just going to delete below league 2 as the blue square (conference) wasn't on CM97/98 was it??

I was thinking of doing the main leagues of Europe and leaving like the 3rd devisions of Italy and Spain ect (do the players and clubs but not have the leagues as playable? but haven't decided yet...
Basically I was gonna add every player from the CM97/98 db and a load from CM3 and focus on the main leagues.

that's what I'm doing too, just working on the main leagues in CM97/98 and then work on the large teams around that world :) no the Conference didn't become playable until CM 99/00

got Aberdeen, Airdrie done now working on Albion Rovers

Albion Rovers??? You must be going into some detail sir?? Wouldnt mind seeing the Aberdeen team myself, got a wee soft spot for them. No hurry but, i now know its a pain in the *** to do the editor and load games at the same time to see what th finished article looks like game-wise lol

Last edited: