Frizzy hair and scorpion kicks. A Colombian Story.

• Thread starter Thread starter StylerMP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 10K
Welcome back to Colombia where we will find out how Uniautonoma fared in the First Phase Group Stages. We had a very tough group to battle through and this is how we did.
View attachment 253338
We started our first three games off badly but improved at the end. However, as you see the screen shot only reveals 5 Group B matches. That is because of this…
View attachment 253339
So we had to beat America de cali in our last match and hope that we better once caldas’s result or score two more goals than them.
Here we are then. The Line-ups were as follows:
View attachment 253340
I told the lads to show me what they can do and that I believed they had what it took to win the match. The first half kicked off and Machacon decided to liven the Uniautonoma crowd by firing a blistering shot from nearly 30 yards into the net to put us 1 up. A great through ball by Rodriguez set up Cardona who showed great composure to round the keeper and put the ball into the back of the net, 2-0. However this game always likes to test my nerves and just before half-time some sloppy defending allowed America to pull one back to send us into the break 2-1 up. I calmly told the lads that I was pleased with how things were going and gave Niebles a stern telling off for his 6.1 first half performance. Hopefully the team would go out in the second half and add a third to knock the wind out of the opposition.

Second half we withstand some solid pressure from America. I decide to change to a more defensive strategy with a flat 5 man midfield. This seems to do the trick as we begin to create chances of our own. A corner from Machacon is floated it, Niebles rises highest and nods the ball towards goal. My hard is in my mouth but then sinks as the ball clatters the cross bar and goes off for a goal kick. You have to believe me when I say that we hit the woodwork on average 2 times a match. Then America break, their winger whips a ball in, Perez is straded and their striker is all alone to head it home…but wait, he’s missed, there is still hope. 86th​ minute and Villalobos collects a loose ball but is caught in possession right on the edge of the box. Their striker just has to thump it in…and that’s what he does 2-2. I was gutted. The final whistle blew. All I could do now was sit nervously and press continue. We could still be in the final if we bettered once caldas’ result. Was there an upset on the cards or not??
View attachment 253341
Afraid not :(. Even if we held on to the 2-1 result we would not have made it. But still I am very proud of the boys. We were expecting a relegation battle yet took the Phase One Group Stage to the wire. Now we must start again. I have a few signings coming in which will hopefully boost the teams chances but you will find out about those in the next post ;). Medellin won overall and the message that popped up was that they won the First Division title… :/. I guess you get two chances each season to win the title. This is a very strange league lol.

On to the cup then and here are the results:
View attachment 253342
So where did this leave us in the standings??...
View attachment 253343
For the second year running we topped the group. Again this competition was made up of a second string team so I am proud of them all for once again getting to the second round. We have an extremely tough Second Round match against la equidad but once again I am confident my players can see it through.
View attachment 253344View attachment 253345
On to the player ratings from the first half of the season and once again Martinez is up at the top just behind Cano who has not played that many games this season due to injury. Cardona has been banging in the goals again and is really tempting me to sign him permanently next season. You may notice a couple of unfamiliar faces in the team and that is because I took this screenshot after the transfer window had opened so they are a couple of additions I have brought in. As mentioned you will hear more about them in the next update.
View attachment 253346
As for the finances we are in a very healthy position. We’re making around £100k every month and have now broken the £1M barrier. I’m delighted with how it is going financially, though it will be quite some time before we will be able to start splashing the cash on star players. Also the way we are performing at the moment I am more inclined to spend the money on upgrading our rather poor training and youth facilities. This would help me bring in better talent through the youth system which will definitely be an investment in the long run.

Thank you for joining me for this update. The next instalment will bring you the results from the second half of the season where we once again try to break into the top eight of the league and maybe go a little further.

Again I look forward to your comments.

Michael.

You are highly likely to end up in continental football next season and stick a good chance of copa libertadores so well done.

I hope so. It's a strange set-up in Colombia. I haven't heard of any rewards for finishing fourth in the First Phase yet :S. The next update will be up shortly though and it may explain a few things...hopefully.

Welcome back to Colombia where we will find out how Uniautonoma fared in the Second Phase of the league. Last time out we came so close to qualifying for the final of the First Phase but finished second in our group. However that was a magnificent achievement and now we start again as we aim for another top eight finish.

First however, we must look at the transfers.
View attachment 254054View attachment 254055
View attachment 254056
A decent midfielder who will be used as back-up for the Second half of the season.
View attachment 254057
In all honesty I loaned him because he was not terrible but will only be used in case of the worst injury crisis.
View attachment 254058
A very good striker who I am hoping will score a few goals to help us challenge for the top eight.
View attachment 254060
A very good defender who will definitely break into the first team. I will be looking forward to his performances for us.

On to the results and I hit my first milestone playing againt once caldas.
View attachment 254061
So how did we get on?? Was there going to be another heroic push for the top eight??...
View attachment 254062
The answer is no. We played so bad this season. Well actually I feel I’m being a bit harsh on the lads by saying we played bad. The results suggest a struggling team but there were only two or three games where we were outclassed. The rest were rather even or in our favour but we just did not get the luck this time round and some sloppy play at the back cost us in many games. I am planning quite a bit of movement in the transfer window next season especially at the back and I have already signed contracts with some players before the season ended to join us after their contract is up.

Anyway onto our league position and I don’t have to tell you that we were in a relegation dog fight.
View attachment 254064
So we survived relegation by the skin of our teeth. It shows how unfortunate we were to be in that position with our +3 goal difference and 7 draws but then we were not clinical enough to finish off games. However we need to keep our chins up and soldier on into next season :D.

Though there is a twist to this crazy league. In actual fact the two phases are mainly used to find two winners of the First Division by the looks of things. Both results of the two phases are put into a single league table as well and this is where we finished overall.
View attachment 254066
So 8th​ overall which is a fantastic achievement and will definitely build our reputation up. Atletico Nacional won the Second Phase and the League overall but I’m not sure if that means anything. The only way I’m going to make sense of this league is if I win it ;). Daniel Machacon was awarded goal of the season and Pablo Martinez was placed in the Team of the Year. As well as this I was named Second in Manager of the Year which is not bad at all.
View attachment 254067
As for the cup we did not do as well as last season.
View attachment 254068
After a good first leg we threw it away in the second leg and lost on penalties. We did not show much composure when taking the penalties missing two by quite a way.

So here are the final player ratings for the season.
View attachment 254069View attachment 254070
Once again Martinez is the man topping the list at the end of the season. I am running out of superlatives for this man. He is definitely in demand from other clubs and I will be once again fighting them off during the next transfer window. Jhony Cano again has performed exceptionally well when he has played but with Martinez playing so well it is hard for me to start him. Young winger Fidel Hernandez is showing that he will be a good player for the future as well as young centre back Audis Perez. Moreno has a decent rating so has paid back the faith I showed in him when I signed him and Caicedo is definitely proving to be a good player to replace Ciciliano when he retires or I sell him on.

View attachment 254071
The finances are looking fantastic. We have made just under £1.7m this season nearly 6x as much as last season. Now the season is over I have lined up many home friendly matches to keep the income flowing during post/pre-season.
Thank you for joining me during Uniautonoma’s first season in the First Division it definitely has been a roller coaster. Join me next time as we begin pre-season for another First Division campaign.

I look forward to your comments and any questions you have about the league structure feel free to ask as I do not think I have explained it all to well as it has confused me lol.

Michael.

Last edited:
Welcome back to my Colombian Story. First of all a little something I forgot to put in the last post, reputation. Annoyingly our reputation has not changed. I do not know why considering we had a half decent cup run and finished eighth overall in the league.
View attachment 254364
On to the transfer business of pre-season and we were given quite a nice transfer budget of £261k and a wage budget of £11.25k. However the transfer budget will not be broken into heavily in this transfer window.
View attachment 254365
Anyway here are the Ins and Outs.
View attachment 254366
As you can see my star man of the past two seasons has been sold for £250k. I would usually have rejected the offer but this happened:
View attachment 254367
I did not want an unhappy player at the club and I am sure his performances would have dropped. Though I did make sure he went to a team outside of Colombia ;).
So a great servant to the club has gone but he did bring £250k into the bank :D. On to players signed and first of all we have the replacement for Martinez.
View attachment 254368
He is a very good player, maybe not as brilliant as Martinez, but he is definitely close to his ability.
View attachment 254369
He is a decent centre back who will replace Niebles at the back, I look forward to his impact this season.
View attachment 254370
He’s a tad old and physically not the best but I believe he can definitely make an impact on the wing and can play in my Advanced Playmaker role as well so will be rotating him in the team throughout the season.
View attachment 254372
Here is a very good goal keeper who will rotate with, and most likely replace, Perez between the sticks this season.
View attachment 254371
This is one of my most exciting transfers. He’s only 20 but still possesses some quality. He will be rotated throughout the season maybe even becoming a regular starter for the team.
The other players are merely back-up and as you can see I also decided to sign Cardona as his performances over the past two seasons have been excellent.
View attachment 254373
As for friendlies we won 4, drew 1 and lost 1 which is a very decent record. I am feeling very confident going into the First Phase this season and I hope we can achieve what we did last season and hopefully go one better.
Join me next time as Uniautonoma begin their second First Division campaign.

I look forward to your comments.

Michael.

You've really improved the squad this season you're going to perform loads better, I can just sense it.

Welcome back to my Colombian Story. This update will bring you the results of the First Half of the season. The board merely wanted me to be competitive this season but going into the season I was feeling very confident about my chances of finishing in the top eight. Was I right to be confident though....??
View attachment 255010
So the first few games we were scoring goals but also conceding them. I was disgusted with the performance at home to tolima as we were 2-0 up after 70 minutes and then completely bottled it. The game after was a reverse in performance as we were 3-0 down after 70 minutes but this time showed great nerve and composure to bring the scores level. I believe the first eight or nine games the team was still getting acquainted with the team and the tactics but eventually they jelled together and put in some great results. We even managed this:
View attachment 255013 (This included Cup games as well).
Martinez was not missed much with Orozco putting in some great performances. He even scored in the first two minutes of his debut.
However did these results get us into the top eight...??
View attachment 255014
So yes we did, finishing an impressive fifth place. I was really proud of the lads and was really confident of possibly winning the play-offs.

To find out if I was right to be confident tune in for the next update which will bring you the results of the play-offs and will wrap up the rest of the first half of the season.

Michael.

Really well done looking forward to you becoming first phase champions then.

Welcome back to Colombia where I was expectant that Uniautonoma will lift the First Division First Phase title.

RAGE!!!!

I'll start with the fixtures. Check this out:
View attachment 255088
The First Phase games start from the first game against Itagui Ditaires so before the First Phase Play-off started we had played 2 games in 4 days. From then on it was a game every two days which included an annoyingly placed Colombian Cup game against atletico nacional. So we were knackered. What made it worse was that before my first game most players were knackered and also Villalobos, Gomez (So no left-back), Cadavid, Mena (So only two centre backs), Ciciliano and Franco were all out due to injury apart from Mena who was away on international duty (something about a French Youth invitational). Therefore my first line-up looked like this:
View attachment 255090
So I had Cantano (a right back) playing left back. Vargas (a right back) at centre back. My right back was a 17 year old and my left winger was a right winger. As well as that some of the players condition was low. All in all we had no hope of winning the group and it was all about damage limitation.
Then Caicedo, Hinestoza and Orozco got injured in the first four games. Nothing went right in the play-offs. To rest players and to save morale from falling too severely I brought in a load of players on trial as I am allowed trialists in the team in First Division matches and I must say they were not good players. Still I was playing tired players out of position so though I was feeling optimistic about the play-offs in the beginning, now I could not wait for them to be over. We had to play 9 games in 19 days so we stood no chance. I’m highly annoyed at this and I hope it does not become a common feature when we reach the play-offs.

Anyway here are the results of the play-offs:
View attachment 255091
So a highly disappointing one point though a couple of those games we deserved to get more. The home game against Itagui Ditaires we actually dominated and the result was an injustice but we just did not take our chances.
So there is no doubt of where we finished in the group:
View attachment 255092
There we go, a very disappointing period for Uniautonoma. I was raging and actually lost motivation to continue but i kept my head and stuck through it.
On brighter news here are the cup results:
View attachment 255093
So we did not start off too brightly but picked up at the end. The home game against atletico nacional was the game during the fixture congestion so I was really pleased with that result and I introduced to youth players into the team who performed very well. To be fair though atletico were also victim to the fixture congestion as they had to play a game the day before they played us in the cup.
However, this is where we ended up in the group:
View attachment 255094
So we finished second by goal difference and made it into the next round of the Cup. In the second round we will face medellin who as of yet we have not beaten in four meetings.
View attachment 255095
I was raging too much and forgot to take a screen shot of the player ratings but here are the finances as of the end of July.
View attachment 255097
So the profits have been slowing down but at least they are still there. As you can see some expenditure has been due to transfers who will be shown in the next update.

Join me next time where we finish off the season and see if we can once again push for a play-off place and hope the fixtures are more spread out next time.

I look forward to your comments, your support so far is great motivation to continue so thank you.

Michael.

Last edited:
That must have driven you nuts but there is always phase 2.

I went mental lol. Hopefully we can put in a similar performance in the league and get to the play-off again however Mena is out for a further month due to the American Gold Cup. So frustrating.

Sorry for the wait for the next update but here it is.

After the disappointment of the First Phase Group Stage I was eager to bounce back and once again challenge for the top eight in the Second Phase. First off though there is the business of the transfers. I was eager to build on my strong team but then two really frustrating things happened.
1)View attachment 256086So Zapata goes out on loan and there is nothing I could have done about it. Similar to my First season when deportivo came in for Perez and Vargas on loan and there was nothing I could do to stop them going. I hate this link with the team. Apparently one of the clauses of our link is that players can move freely between the two clubs yet I can't seem to bring in any of their players on loan without their say so. So frustrating.
2)View attachment 256087The same annoying club now actually buying my players and arguably my best one at that. I would never have accepted a bid for him as he was indispensable to the club but my chairman happily stepped in and accepted it. So off went Mena and now our defence was looking rather weak. The transfers overall looked like this:
View attachment 256088View attachment 256089
View attachment 256090
Not a bad right-back who I am expecting to only get better and really challenge Vargas on the right.
View attachment 256091
A very good young goal keeper who will rotate with Meneses and eventually replace him once he gets too old.
View attachment 256092
Castillo is a very good midfielder but mainly back up for my main midfielders in order to prevent tiredness.

On to the results then and last season we bottled the Second Phase after a solid First Phase. Was history to repeat itself??...
View attachment 256093
Yes...CUE RAGE AT LAPTOP!!!! For some reason yet again we failed to match our performance from the First Phase. I don't know why but players who were so solid last season were now diving into challenges and getting made to look stupid. Players were losing their men too easily. It was tragic. What really angered me was at the beginning of the season we should have had 9 points from our opening 3 games but we had an inability to hold on to any lead. This game really infuriated me:
View attachment 256094
To concede two goals in stoppage time was unforgivable, I thought only qpr were that bad (no offence to qpr fans ;)).
Any way some terrible performances put us bottom of the table in the Second Phase.
View attachment 256098
So where did this put us overall:
View attachment 256099
A respectable tenth but worse than last season and after our end of season results it is nothing more than we deserve.

On to the cup then. This is how we fared:
View attachment 256100
A great Second Leg come-back helped us into the Quarter Finals which we dominated yet still came out 1-0 losers in both legs. Hopefully though our Cup run will get us a bit more reputation.

Here are the player ratings overall then:
View attachment 256101View attachment 256102
Not much to get excited about but I am happy that Leslin Orozco filled in Martinez's boots and put in some great performances. Villalobos was excellent and is probably my best player overall. He's improved loads since he has been here. Also Ricardo has improved a lot and is pushing for a permanent place in my first team.

Financially we are still looking very sound.
View attachment 256103
We're pushing the £3m pound mark but we will not get there for a long while yet, this is because after all my badgering the board finally agreed to upgrade the facilities :D.
View attachment 256104
As you can see that the upgrade will nearly wipe out all of the clubs hard earned cash but I am confident we will continue making vast profits for the seasons to come.

Thanks for following and once again I apologise for the delay in an update as I have been quite busy the past couple of days and after the terrible performance by my Uniautonoma team followed by England's uninspiring display in the Euro's I sort of lost heart briefly. However I am back and I promise an update soon.

Michael.

Last edited:
I reckon you should cancel the Deportivo Cali link if it is an option and since you're actually better than Deportivo Cali if you can not cancel the link I reckon it would be more realistic to cancel it or turn you into the parent club via FMRTE but if you don't have it I would say you just need to outgrow Deportivo Cali.

I reckon you should cancel the Deportivo Cali link if it is an option and since you're actually better than Deportivo Cali if you can not cancel the link I reckon it would be more realistic to cancel it or turn you into the parent club via FMRTE but if you don't have it I would say you just need to outgrow Deportivo Cali.

I can't cancel it apparently so it will be all about outgrowing them and in a way it makes this challenge a little more tougher, therefore more exciting :D.

Only problem with this is that if you improve they will improve by poaching your success.

Welcome back to Colombia. This update will bring you the events of the pre-season.

I forgot to take a screenshot so you will have to believe me that our reputation has not risen at all. I think I will have to win the League for it to raise or at least not capitulate in the Second Phase :P.

However on to the transfers:
View attachment 256931
So a bit of frustrating news as deportivo decided to activate the clause that allowed them to sign Zapata and he left for a sum of £160k. Not bad but it does mean we lost £140k on him. He was followed out with other 'big' name players who I believed were not really up for competing at the big time. So striker franco left along with Rodriguez and moreno who was getting too old to play effectively. All in all we made a good profit of £350k which has boosted our finances nicely.

As for players in I was helped out by this pleasant message:
View attachment 256935
Due to Villalobos becoming a Colombian citizen I now had a free foreign player slot.
First of all here are my Colombian additions.
View attachment 256939
Though he is getting on I really like the look of him and he should slot into the first team nicely at centre back.
View attachment 256940
With rodriguez getting older I decided to sell him for a nice fee and bring in Navarro to act as back-up to the improving Fidel Hernandez.

Now onto my foreign acquisitions:
View attachment 256943
It does not show him on the transfers history because I signed him in December for £70k. He looks a very bright young Brazilian and will fit in straight away at centre-back. His young age means he can only get better.
View attachment 256944
Also not shown on the transfers because I signed him in October of a free. He is a very talented young striker who can again get much better. He will act as back-up this season.
View attachment 256941
A very good young Peruvian centre-back who I would say would be rotated into the team except for one small thing that I will explain a little later. Still he is a star for the future and I look forward to his progress at the club.
View attachment 256942
This man's agent contacted me on his availability and after I had him on trial for a couple of weeks I wanted him. That's when I got the news that Villalobos was now a citizen. Though I have good strikers this man is top of the list and will be a regular starter in the team. I look forward to his impact. However, his signing meant that I now had Essombo, Ricardo, Ferreira, Tembo, and Benincasa all competing for the four foreign slots. Essombo, Ricardo and Ferreira were definitely in the team so it came down to my two youngsters and I went for Tembo to take the extra slot mainly because he was a year older and I feel I have decent cover at the back as it is. However next year Ricardo will become a citizen so Benincasa will get his chance then. As for now he will sit in the reserves and may get cup games if he is allowed. I'm also looking for clubs to possibly take him on loan for the season.

So how did we fare in the pre-season friendlies??...
View attachment 256945
So three wins and one defeat which is not bad at all. It's looking promising for this season but I say that every year lol.

The Cup draw is as follows:
View attachment 256946
So not a bad draw and I will once again be looking to get to the Second Round.

Thanks for reading and once again I look forward to your comments. Sorry for the delay in updates but I am quite busy for the next few weeks so they will be a bit slow.

Thanks,
Michael.

Last edited:
Back