Frizzy hair and scorpion kicks. A Colombian Story.

• Thread starter Thread starter StylerMP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 10K
Looking great and good thing that some of your original foreign signings are getting Colombian nationality as foreign players are generally better and cheaper.

Good news. Just played my first cup game and Benincasa is eligible to play so he will be playing in all my cup matches to gain experience.

Welcome back to Uniautonoma where we will see how we fared in the First Half of the Season. The last two seasons we have managed to get into the First Phase Group Stages. Can we replicate that achievement?? Here are the results...
View attachment 257033
So we rocked it this season. I have to admit I was not expecting such impressive results but we really performed out of our skin. The last game can be seen as a write off as it was a completely different 11 from what I would usually start with as we were comfortably in the top eight and we know what happened last time we were in the group stages.

So where did these impressive results put us in the League Table??...
View attachment 257034
Our impressive results led us top the top of the table where we have a nice 4 point lead. What I do like about this division (when it works in my favour ;)) is that the points you get in the Group Stages, and also when you play in the Final, all go towards the League as well. So hopefully we can open that gap at the top of the table.

In the Group Stages we have been drawn against once caldas, itagui ditaires, and real cartegena.
View attachment 257035
This is quite a tough group and once caldas is a team I always fear when playing.

However I believe this could be our year so join me next time as I bring you the results of the Group Stages as well as the Cup results as I rap up the First Half of the Season.

I look forward to your comments,

Michael.

You're doing brilliant and clever move to field a completely different eleven as you were top of the table and heavy fixture congestion was coming up.

Cheers guys. Keep the support coming. The next update will be up either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Welcome back to Colombia. The last update saw Uniautonoma really show the league what they are all about by topping the First Phase League Table. This update will show you how we did in the Group Stage of the competition as well as how the cup group went and will also bring a special report on Colombia's exploits in the World Cup.

First of all the results of the Group Stage:
View attachment 257149
SO mixed results but we were unbeaten. Here is where we stand with only one game left to play:
View attachment 257150
So we sit nicely on top of the group but have to play Second Place itagui ditaires in our final game. To qualify we had to win or draw. However if we lost we had to make sure we did not lose by 3 goals. So how did we fare??
View attachment 257151
So despite dominating the game we almost lost it all. Still a 2-0 defeat was not enough to knock us off our perch and Uniautonoma will go into the Final of the First Phase Group Stages.
In the final we played medellin who I have to admit dominated us when we played them in the league. They were worthy opponents in the Final but could this still be Uniautonoma's year?? Before the First leg kicked off I was greeted with this message:
View attachment 257152
So my 200th game as manager of Uniautonoma was to be the First Leg of the Final. Could it be a happy milestone?? The First leg was played away from home and I would have taken a draw or a narrow one goal defeat. Here is how it panned out:
View attachment 257153
Afraid not. We did have the better of the First half but then they came out in the Second half and showed us how good they are. Annoyingly their second goal was in stoppage time which is a big blow to our chances. Still we have been formidable at home this season so we still have a chance of winning this. The Second leg came and went but were we celebrating at the final whistle??...
View attachment 257154
Ah well not this year. We went 1-0 up and I thought we would do it but they pegged us back in the second half and really the game never got going. Still to finish runners up in the First Phase is a massive achievement and shows this team can really compete at the top. In all honesty there are only two teams we have struggled against this season and that has been medellin and once caldas and you can see that we comfortably beat once caldas in the Group Stages.

We continued our successful run in the Cup group stages by once again qualifying somewhat easily.
View attachment 257155
I must highlight the game against quindio which fell right in the middle of the Group Stages yet again. We were reasonably comfortable in the Group at this time so I decided to play a selection of my youth team with two or three fringe players and we managed a fantastic 1-0 victory. I won't lie, my youth team is not very good at all. We have one or two players who may become fringe players in the future but nothing special so to win was a great achievement. All in all we comfortably finished top of our group:
View attachment 257156
Probably our best performance in the Group stages of the Cup and we were rewarded with a Second round tie against envigado.

As for the finances we are again looking very healthy. This was probably backed by the fact that the home leg against medellin in the Final almost brought a sell out crowd.
View attachment 257157
So that's how Uniautonoma did, now onto Colombia. I know my introduction to the story said I wanted to take Colombia to their first World Cup since 1998, but that was before I saw their team which is not too bad at all. So I've changed objectives and I want to try and take Colombia into the top ten in the World. However onto the World Cup. They were drawn in a very tough group that contained Canada, Italy and France. They did a professional job of dispatching Canada 1-0 and then held on to draw with France 0-0. They needed a point to go through against Italy but it was not to be as they were beaten 1-0 despite having the better of the game.
View attachment 257160View attachment 257161
So Colombia were knocked out the group stages with the eventual winners being France who beat Italy 2-0 in the Final. However a hopeful message appeared when the World Cup was over:
View attachment 257158
There is no doubt that I applied. To be fair there are probably a lot of better candidates for the job but I was hopeful...until I got this message:
View attachment 257159
I was laughed at so there's no hope of getting the job but it was worth a try. However we will see who will be laughing in a few years time when I have taken Uniautonoma to Colombian and Champions League glory...hopefully.

Back to club football then and we go again for the Second Phase. The last two years has seen a disastrous collapse in form during this stage. Surely it can not happen this season. However looking at our form going into the League we are not too impressive but we have played tough opposition. We'll have to see. However now we finished top in the First phase my aim is to finish in the top four overall and claim a place in the Copa Libertadores which will surely bring my reputation up and hopefully surpass deportivo cali in reputation as they have found a new way to annoy me which I have a feeling may be a bug in the game but more about that in the next update.

Once again thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments.

Michael.

Last edited:
You've made getting that job hard for yourself by not giving yourself Colombian nationality but congratulations on your best ever achievements in the league 1st place then top of the group and then putting up a good fight in the final.

You've made getting that job hard for yourself by not giving yourself Colombian nationality but congratulations on your best ever achievements in the league 1st place then top of the group and then putting up a good fight in the final.

Cheers mate. Yeah I should have thought about nationality before starting the game so it is going to be a lot harder. Though I have lived there for two years so technically I should have Colombian citizenship. However I guess it means I just have to achieve greater things with Uniautonoma :).

Welcome back to Colombia where, after a successful first phase we will be battling to replicate that performance in the Second Phase. However those of you who have followed this story all the way through know that the last two seasons have seen Uniautonoma's form drop tragically in the Second Phase. We have a commanding position however in the League overall and the main aim for this phase is to do well enough to finish in the top four and claim a Copa Libertadores spot. First of all the transfers and I mentioned that deportivo have found another way of irritating me and this is why:
View attachment 257351View attachment 257352
So apparently they had release clauses so the bid was accepted. So I decided to check their contracts and...
View attachment 257353View attachment 257354
WHERE THE ****** **** ARE THESE RELEASE CLAUSES!!!!
This has to be a bug in the game. I let the Perez transfer go through but offered a contract to Navarro which he accepted...so they tried again and the offer was accepted because it met his 'release clause,' and this time I could not offer him a contract so off he went to deportivo. So frustrating. They also continued to loan my players with an option to buy and gifted young right back David Valencia went to them as well. I decided to hit back this time and grabbed a couple of their players (cue evil laugh). So here are the transfers overall:
View attachment 257355View attachment 257356
As well as Valencia and Navarro leaving I also sold Angulo due to the many strikers I have on the team and Tembo was a sad case. I decided to bring in Benincasa for the Second half of the season instead of Tembo and it back fired greatly. First of all Tembo became upset and wanted to leave so I may have lost one of my most promising strikers for the future and second of all there was this:
View attachment 257358
I believe he is trying to injure every part of his body before his career is out. It is a shame since he is a very promising young centre back but I may have to look into selling him if the injuries persist.
However let's look at the new signings.
View attachment 257359
I signed him a while back and he promises to be a very decent striker and is still fairly young.
View attachment 257360
I'm looking forward to this kid. He looks good already but his young age means he can only get better. I'm sure he will push for a first team spot sooner rather than later.
View attachment 257361
A young goalkeeper who is up to the standard of Meneses and will eventually replace him between the sticks.
View attachment 257362
After the departure of Navarro I needed to find a replacement left winger and I found that in Mendoza. He's still young and will definitely be a key member of the team in years to come.
View attachment 257363
Again after deportivo took perez I had to replace him so I brought in arguably deportivo's best centre back Cuesta. He looks very strong and will rotate in and out of defence. I had to ask the chairman to do this transfer and though the price is a bit steep she managed to get him for a good wage. Hopefully these two signings will show deportivo not to mess with us.
View attachment 257364
Finally a very strong right back who would have slotted into the first team but then this happened within a week of him joining:
View attachment 257365
What can I do. So he'll be out for the rest of the season but hopefully he'll bit fit and raring to go for next season.

I forgot to take a screenshot but the construction of the training facilities has now finished and they are now average which is better than poor so we're continuing to improve in all areas.

So with the new signings in we are ready for the Second Phase. Hopefully we won't slip up as we have done the previous two seasons, well let's find out.
View attachment 257366
So a mixed bag of results but at least we did not do as bad as previous years. However that bad form is still there and I have no idea how to fix it. The last three games were crucial to our bid for a Copa Libertadores spot but where did this form put us in the Second Phase league??...
View attachment 257367
So despite our inconsistent results we managed to finish third in the Second Phase table and for the first time in their history Uniautonoma will be going into the play-offs for the Second Phase. I forgot to take a screenshot before I started the Group stages but we needed 9 points to be sure of a top four finish overall.

We were drawn in a very tough group consisting of ateltico nacional, tolima and medellin. I am not expecting my boys to get to the final again but hopefully we can be competitive enough to finish in the top four.

In the Colombia cup we fell in the Second Round despite battling bravely.
View attachment 257368
If we make it to the Copa Libertadores there will no priority in this competition and it will be played by my youth team with a couple of fringe players. But that is all a big IF at the moment.

So join me next time as Uniautonoma try to get the points they need to finish in the top four.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments.

Michael.

Deportivo Cali for relegation next season I hope and what about trying to cripple their players whenever you play them to get them relegated.

Welcome back and once again I apologise for the very long wait for an update.

However I bet you have all been itching to see if we made it to the Copa Libertadores or not and here are the results...
View attachment 259117
These were a strange set of results as we dominated the first four and lost them all then we were second best in the last two games yet won them. That is football though I suppose.
View attachment 259118
So we finished bottom and as you have noticed we have not got the 9 points that would have guaranteed the top four finish. However was the 6 points enough to still claim it??...
View attachment 259119
So by a point we were the best team in the league and more importantly we have qualified for the Copa Libertadores :D.
View attachment 259120
So a very successful season and I will be looking forward to competing in the South American Champions League and I was rewarded with the Manager of the Year:
View attachment 259121

View attachment 259122View attachment 259123
Villalobos was my start man at left back and is arguably my best player overall. He's improved greatly since I first signed him at the start of my reign here. Orozco continues to impress me and put another top performance in overall as did new signing Jhonnier Gonzalez.

Again the finances are looking good and we are slowly returning to the £5m mark.
View attachment 259124
I am hoping the finances will improve greatly as we compete in the Copa Libertadores though we have to get through qualifying first.

Thanks for reading and once again I look forward to your comments.

Michael.

Well done for getting into Europe but Deportivo Cali need to get relegated.

Back