Fulham 2 - 1 Shakhtar

Jack Fulham

Reaction score
Fulham Goalscorers: Gera, Zamora

Shakhtar Goalscorers: Luiz Adriano

One of the best games I've seen at Craven Cottage all season, the atmosphere was electric, having said that, Shakhtar are the best techniqually gifted team I've ever seen at Craven Cottage, even better than the likes of Arsenal. It the first half, we took an early lead via Zoltan Gera, however, they took control with the likes of Srna, Fernandinho and Illsinho putting there stamp on the game and they equalised after Illsinho neat through ball and Luiz Adriano rounded Schwarzer and put it in the back of the net. However, Hodgson obviously said something to the boys at half time as we came out and actually took some procession, we looked at lot more confident on the ball but Zamora's stunning strike put us in the lead, I am pretty sure I was holding my breath until the final whistle, we could of added more but there keeper made a few good saves. I think they could of added more but they always wanted to walk it into the goal into of shooting, a bit like Arsenal, however, they did always look dangerous going forward.

Highlights can be found here

It is certainly gonna be a tough away leg but hopefully our boys will pull through, that away goal could come back to haunt us.

VIVA LA FULHAM

Only got to see the first 10 mins or so on TV, Fulham seemed to be putting alot of pressure on Shakhtar. Looked like it was going to be a good game but i had to go out.

The away match is going to be a difficult one though, soecially with them getting an away goal.

bobbys goal was special. watched it live on tv, 2 of my mates went to the game, said the atmosphere was good, as usual

Atmosphere was a lot better than usual, it is usually very dire at Fulham, I am sure if Rooney scored a goal like Bobby's, the press would be creaming over it right now.

when i say as usual, i meant for european nights, my mate has been to every home euro game this season, and i went to the roma game, and the atmosphere was brilliant

when i say as usual, i meant for european nights, my mate has been to every home euro game this season, and i went to the roma game, and the atmosphere was brilliant

Haha, probably the only games I go to the Cottage and don't get sung "Shall we sing a song for you"

The best fans I have ever seen at Craven Cottage are Basel though, they were crazy, they are closely followed by Roma and Torino who we played in a friendly a few seasons back, the Italians chants are so organised and disciplined, with Shakhtar, it was just 'Shakhtar' repeated over a number of times.

romas fans were pretty mental. i was in the putney end with the roma fans not far away to my right.

they had flares going off and uber disclipined chants, clapping and saluting in unison. i have to admit to wearing my roma shirt with batistuta on the back to the game, i had a jacket on over the top but when roma equalised i whipped it off and ran up and down the aisles, the roma fans loved it. the mostly english fans in my section absolutely hated me, ive never had 500 pairs of eyes stare at me in silence before....

romas fans were pretty mental. i was in the putney end with the roma fans not far away to my right.

they had flares going off and uber disclipined chants, clapping and saluting in unison. i have to admit to wearing my roma shirt with batistuta on the back to the game, i had a jacket on over the top but when roma equalised i whipped it off and ran up and down the aisles, the roma fans loved it. the mostly english fans in my section absolutely hated me, ive never had 500 pairs of eyes stare at me in silence before....

Nice, I was in Putney end for that game to, couldn't get my season ticket seat, had three Roma fans directly to my left, I am pretty sure one of them was Francesco Totti ;)

It was healthy banter though, he gave me a hug at final whistle, mainly because of last minute equaliser :'( They started to destroy when they brought on Mirko Vucinic in the second half.

Wow, amazing goal from Zamora. Hope you knock them out, Dinamo Kiev is my team in Ukraine ;)

I do hope we knock them out but our away record is so poor that I doubt it will happen, having said that though, under Hodgson, we have won away games when we have really needed to if you look at Basel in Europa League and Portsmouth and Man City away on our great escape season.

hodgson should be enland gaffer when cappello goes

Maybe, he certainly sorted his contract out so it expires when Capello's does, he can't have a bad next to season's and doesn't really have age on his side but he one of those Manager's who will probably still be in the game when he is over 70.

Hodgson has had the same effect on Fulham as Redknapp did with Portsmouth 2nd time round. Comes half way through the season, looking doomed, keeps them up, and then amazingly finishes in the top half (In Fulham's case 7th and Europa League) and then it continues, hopefully Fulham won't go the same way as us.

Firstly that was a ****** good result for Fulham. They are becoming a tough club to beat at Craven Cottage. Will be a hard match for them away from home.

Hodgson has had the same effect on Fulham as Redknapp did with Portsmouth 2nd time round. Comes half way through the season, looking doomed, keeps them up, and then amazingly finishes in the top half (In Fulham's case 7th and Europa League) and then it continues, hopefully Fulham won't go the same way as us.

We've done it fairly cost effective though, I think it all went wrong for you when you started paying Utaka 80k a week.

What a result. Shaktar are an impressive side so the result shocked me a bit. Backs to the wall next week.

I am glad an English side is finally taking this comp seriously.

The probability of each of the English teams going through to the next round...

Liverpool (1-0 Home) 54%
Everton (2-1 home) 44%
Fulham (2-1 home) 44%

This is based on some 6500 ties in the 3 European coms since 1955.