Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
As you can see in the title i have some problems with my fullbacks. When i am in my build ut play with the centrebacks, fullbacks and my defensive playmaker it often happens that the fullback just clears the ball instead of just pass a simple short pass. He does this sometimes even when he got 2 good passing alternatives. I use a short passing controlling system, he it pretty much destroys my build up often.

Now to the question:

What can i do to prevent this annoying problem, witch sliders shall i use to just maintain the possesion?

Reaction score
remove any creative freedom he has, and are you using fluid or ridged? if its fluid there do tend to ingore you tactics

Reaction score
i dont really understand what you mean with: TI? check his PIs

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

i use a fluid system

I

iNickStuff

i dont really understand what you mean with: TI? check his PIs

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

i use a fluid system
TI's = Team Instructions
PI's = Player Instructions

Just remove his creative freedom as suggested, and reduce his passing to the shortest.

Reaction score
But since he is a attaking fullback, will the low creativefreedom affect his attaking play? i use him as WINGback (support)

Reaction score
Could it be that he is crossing? Fullbacks on attack duty have cross often and cross from deep instructions. I would try reducing his crossing and see if things improve a little bit.