Pugge

Reaction score
As you can see in the title i have some problems with my fullbacks. When i am in my build ut play with the centrebacks, fullbacks and my defensive playmaker it often happens that the fullback just clears the ball instead of just pass a simple short pass. He does this sometimes even when he got 2 good passing alternatives. I use a short passing controlling system, he it pretty much destroys my build up often.

Now to the question:

What can i do to prevent this annoying problem, witch sliders shall i use to just maintain the possesion?

remove any creative freedom he has, and are you using fluid or ridged? if its fluid there do tend to ingore you tactics

i dont really understand what you mean with: TI? check his PIs

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

i use a fluid system

i dont really understand what you mean with: TI? check his PIs

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

i use a fluid system

TI's = Team Instructions
PI's = Player Instructions

Just remove his creative freedom as suggested, and reduce his passing to the shortest.

But since he is a attaking fullback, will the low creativefreedom affect his attaking play? i use him as WINGback (support)

Could it be that he is crossing? Fullbacks on attack duty have cross often and cross from deep instructions. I would try reducing his crossing and see if things improve a little bit.