Game Crashing Help

• We've had a few issues with Google Adsense and so we're shopping around new networks so you may see more or less adverts than usual. We apologise for that. We dislike having ads on our site but without them Base would not be able to exist. If you'd like to support Base and go ad-free at the same time, we do have premium memberships available.

Montanaro

May 27, 2009
Hey all, I'm using Marshall's V8 update, and I'm in year 2012 with 120k player count. Occasionally as I play, the game will simply close/disappear. There are no error messages or crash dump messages. It's just like someone alt f4ed it.

Anyone know why this happens and if it's fixable, I hate to have lost my efforts.

Jak

May 17, 2010
you say it sometimes happens, does that mean you can progress your game a bit without crashing? (so there is no date you can't get passed past)

Montanaro

May 27, 2009
yeah, at times I can get further than others. The only way to ensure I progress is to save almost every day or so, but not sure if the further I go, the worse it'll get.

Kind of like struggling in quick sand. I hate having to start the game up and load the save every so often.

Montanaro

May 27, 2009
hard to tell as I would have to start a new game and advance to 2012. It use to be fine as I've gotten far beyond that without the database.

I seem to remember someone saying one time that databases with a ton of changes can sometimes make the game crash.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

I loaded all the leagues for a new save w/ the editor update and when I got to choose your team screen, it immediately crashed without a message.

I loaded all the leagues for a new save w/o the editor update and it's allowed me to play without problems.

NunoPeixinho

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
hard to tell as I would have to start a new game and advance to 2012. It use to be fine as I've gotten far beyond that without the database.

I seem to remember someone saying one time that databases with a ton of changes can sometimes make the game crash.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

I loaded all the leagues for a new save w/ the editor update and when I got to choose your team screen, it immediately crashed without a message.

I loaded all the leagues for a new save w/o the editor update and it's allowed me to play without problems.

Well, I guess the editor really is the problem mate

Montanaro

May 27, 2009
Well, I guess the editor really is the problem mate
I've got two options, wait for fm11, or reduce the amount of leagues I run.

I think most people don't run into this problem because they are more reserved in their league selection, I'm just too greedy! :S

Jak

May 17, 2010
you could always try redownloading the new update incase some of the files have become corrupt and that has caused it to crash

degsy1

Jun 7, 2010
Im having the same problem in a network game (had the same problem in FM11) and we haven't touched the editor.