Game Crashing Help

Montanaro

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm using Marshall's V8 update, and I'm in year 2012 with 120k player count. Occasionally as I play, the game will simply close/disappear. There are no error messages or crash dump messages. It's just like someone alt f4ed it.

Anyone know why this happens and if it's fixable, I hate to have lost my efforts.

you say it sometimes happens, does that mean you can progress your game a bit without crashing? (so there is no date you can't get passed past)

yeah, at times I can get further than others. The only way to ensure I progress is to save almost every day or so, but not sure if the further I go, the worse it'll get.

Kind of like struggling in quick sand. I hate having to start the game up and load the save every so often.

is your game fine not using the new database?

hard to tell as I would have to start a new game and advance to 2012. It use to be fine as I've gotten far beyond that without the database.

I seem to remember someone saying one time that databases with a ton of changes can sometimes make the game crash.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

I loaded all the leagues for a new save w/ the editor update and when I got to choose your team screen, it immediately crashed without a message.

I loaded all the leagues for a new save w/o the editor update and it's allowed me to play without problems.

hard to tell as I would have to start a new game and advance to 2012. It use to be fine as I've gotten far beyond that without the database.

I seem to remember someone saying one time that databases with a ton of changes can sometimes make the game crash.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

I loaded all the leagues for a new save w/ the editor update and when I got to choose your team screen, it immediately crashed without a message.

I loaded all the leagues for a new save w/o the editor update and it's allowed me to play without problems.

Well, I guess the editor really is the problem mate

Well, I guess the editor really is the problem mate

I've got two options, wait for fm11, or reduce the amount of leagues I run.

I think most people don't run into this problem because they are more reserved in their league selection, I'm just too greedy! :S

you could always try redownloading the new update incase some of the files have become corrupt and that has caused it to crash

Im having the same problem in a network game (had the same problem in FM11) and we haven't touched the editor.