Game is more fun playing without..

wii

Reaction score
Well, in the past months I was just playing FM 2013 with the help of Genie Scout and FMEL and in the end every game I start I get bored with it and start again over and over, bur finally I think of playing a game without these tools help and started with Swansea, now i'm in my second year and having fun than before and more simulated.

Any thoughts about yours?

Well, if cheating, then you will just get angry when NOT winning everything, whilst not really feeling the joy when actually doing it.

I had Genie Scout for a short time and was like you, getting bored pretty quickly with every save. I got rid of it and started a Partizan save and remembered how staisfying it is finding regens and bargains through your scouting network. Currently into my third season and it's probably the most enjoyable save I've had to date on FM13.

Far more enjoyable when you succeed by yourself without the use of others my friend.

I don't use stuff like that as I imagine it would get boring quite quickly just picking up all of the absolute best regens as opposed to actually scouring the globe and using your scouts to find good youth prospects. I think that's one of the best parts of FM, searching for quality youth players during the summer and watching them progress in to world-class (hopefully) players.

I use FMRTE a fair bit, but only on the players my scouts have scouted. Because lots of times my scouts say he's 5star rated (i'm man utd) and I look at him on FMRTE and they have a PA of like 130, which is awful (imo). I've made lots of games and it does it to me every time. I buy the best scouts/Director of Football/Head of youth development, yet they still do it too me :( And I don't want to spend 3m-7m on a player I'm never ever going to use.

that's kind of why you scout them more than once etc. I literally don't see the point in using these sort of programmes, takes away any form of achievement from the game, which is frankly the only reason to play it..

I used fmscout about 2-3 years ago and it ruined my favourite save so i have never gone near it since but with good regens i get i often think it would be nice to know their PA but i would much rather play without using it

i only use genie scout of stuff like that because the game constant cheating (injury bug, world class strikers missing sitters) it evens the playing field.

I use FMRTE a fair bit, but only on the players my scouts have scouted. Because lots of times my scouts say he's 5star rated (i'm man utd) and I look at him on FMRTE and they have a PA of like 130, which is awful (imo). I've made lots of games and it does it to me every time. I buy the best scouts/Director of Football/Head of youth development, yet they still do it too me. And I don't want to spend 3m-7m on a player I'm never ever going to use.

This has happened so many times IRL with Man Utd. You have to scout them multiple times using different scouts and compare their reports. It could be that one scout just, for whatever reason, really rates him when the others don't. It could be that they all recommend him and he just happens to be one of those players who looks like he has all the potential in the world but in fact he just peaked early and won't really improve. But just like IRL, scouts are only there to give the best advice they can, after that it's a gamble whether he will become a world beater or not.

i only use genie scout of stuff like that because the game constant cheating (injury bug, world class strikers missing sitters) it evens the playing field.

mate, that's not the game cheating.. that's football!

exhibit A
[video=youtube;P-0_AV4vWvQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-0_AV4vWvQ[/video]

Diego Forlan scores an absolute wonder goal.

exhibit B

[video=youtube;6_A6QHdWcXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_A6QHdWcXg[/video]

Forlan misses an empty net.

using this programme takes out any skill in playing this game and any excuses you make to the contrary are just lies to yourself.

his record at united was apalling for one reason or another.. doesn't mean he wasn't world class

but does your player really do it 2-3 times a game i think not

neymar and messi shouldnt be missing 2-4 shots from near 6 yards every match just so it can be a draw. My tactics are really good and i get chance after chance inside the box but they (world class strikers) miss more than they should

neymar and messi shouldnt be missing 2-4 shots from near 6 yards every match just so it can be a draw. My tactics are really good and i get chance after chance inside the box but they (world class strikers) miss more than they should

really ive never seen Messi miss 1 shot from 6 yards out let alone 2-4

I used FMRTE once or twice, but found it ruined the game for me, so now since I have it, rather than uninstall it, I simply use it on long term saves to make new kits to keep a bit of realism into it for me.

I used Genie Scout once and didn't enjoy it at all so got rid of it.

I've never used tools, that might help me make the game easier, that's what you have backroom staff and scouting system for.