Game suddenly running incredibly slowly

try this:

Start - Run - %appdata%

Folder : Sprots Interactive (Off course :p), Football Manager 2012, then delete all folders in it (coz I'm not sure which one the exact....)

Load again the game, It'll set to default, no face-pack, kits..etc.
You'll have to re-set the preferences in the game once more time....

Tell me if it works...:)

or

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-dumps-failed-set-up-graphics-xml-errors.html

Last edited:
I had the same problem with fm2012 and googled why and came across this thread. I always have 4 and a half stars on a large database until one day I loaded up and had 1 star. I looked at the advice on this thread and noted I had 32 different game saves, and one save was in 2020 so I deleted them all and it knocked by performance up to 4 stars again on a large database, 5 stars with small database. Hope this helps.

I had the same problem with fm2012 and googled why and came across this thread. I always have 4 and a half stars on a large database until one day I loaded up and had 1 star. I looked at the advice on this thread and noted I had 32 different game saves, and one save was in 2020 so I deleted them all and it knocked by performance up to 4 stars again on a large database, 5 stars with small database. Hope this helps.

Hey Jonny, sorry for the late reply, hope you see this. Can you explain exactly what you did and verify that it worked for you? I just had this problem occur again in a brand new game with a different team.. literally happened to me yesterday.

It happens to me too, but very random out of the blue & i have small database. I think it has smthng to do with steam, too crowded or something like that. Right now i'm downloading torrents, playing music in winamp & system scanning in scanbot but the game is running excellent, no problems at all.
So yeah, random!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Some very lazy guess work comments on here. I too am experiencing this. I have played seasons up to 2035, with the game still smooth. I always delete all saved games except the one being used.

Then on a newish save, 7 seasons in. The game hit a brick wall, it literally takes about half a hour to get through a game or a few days.

I may attempt deleting FM an reinstalling.

I have suspicions software may have deleted a fm file that was important. Also i have to double click, everything.