Games with longetivity

Star Wars KOTR 1/2
Mass Effect 1/2
Dragon Age 1/2

Basically the same game with a different setting, but all awesome! Just completed Dragon Age 2, got about 30 hours playtime in. So much re-playability in these games, especially Dragon Age 2, depending on what you chose to be (Mage, Warrior/Rogue) changes the storyline considerably.

Metal Gear Solid series is also a good shout, PS only though.

Then you've got the obvious series', COD, FIFA, Fallout, Battlefield etc.

Cheers guys, I actually have a few of the games mentioned like Fifa and COD but soon get bored of them? I actually love Star wars and was dissapointed by The Force Unleashed. Is KOTR really that good? I also looked at wiki for it and says its original xbox only? Was it ever re released for x360? Or is the PC version much better???

Cheers guys, I actually have a few of the games mentioned like Fifa and COD but soon get bored of them? I actually love Star wars and was dissapointed by The Force Unleashed. Is KOTR really that good? I also looked at wiki for it and says its original xbox only? Was it ever re released for x360? Or is the PC version much better???

Original Xbox version works on 360, but PC version is far superior.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic I & II are two of my favourite RPG games, and RPGs are my favourite genre.

/Endorsement

Craven already said it but oblivion that game is quality, so much you can do on that game I don't know anyone who has completed it, I'm not sure if it's possible lol.

I completed Oblivion quite quick, I just picked a Monk class and only did the story mode quests no side quests, It gets so **** repetitive you have to go into each castle and do the same thing about 8 times, but the ending is enjoyable I recommend completing the game.

I completed Oblivion quite quick, I just picked a Monk class and only did the story mode quests no side quests, It gets so **** repetitive you have to go into each castle and do the same thing about 8 times, but the ending is enjoyable I recommend completing the game.

Wow I take my hat off too you. I'd did mess around alot tho because there is so much to do. And I become a vampire which was a pain and then I killed someone and become a murder, member of a brotherhood lol so I was killing people all the time biting them haha quality game.

would love to play Oblivion properly, played quite a lot of it, would look beautiful on my system now though :) getting the Witcher 2 today :) limited edtion Box Set.

KOTOR is amazing, one of the best games I've played (and im not a Star Wars fan at all)

Oblivion is really good and long!

Fallout is the same, maybe better for you if you prefer guns to swords though.

GTA 4 is good, cheap now aswell I would imagine.

Deus ex 1 - best game I've ever played (on PC) graphics not upto much compared to today, but pklenty of depth, roaming, statergy, searching and the story is 1st class. (also under 5 quid) - get a PC and buy it ;). Otherwise if you still have a PS2 knocking about I think its on there too!

Red Dead alot of people love, I bought it new and was pretty dissapointed. I'm going to have another bash at it soon though :)

If you can get a PS1 and Final Fantasy 7, do so! I can't find one ANYWHERE!

hhmmm, I never got into Deus Ex 1 Joe, I think I should get it somewhere before the new one comes out! for the 1st time in my life I had to read the Plot and Story for a game I had not finished (The Witcher) before getting the new one later today! Feel so guilty... like I cheated on my Ms' :)

Oblivion and the two newest Fallouts can both last weeks, and once you've downloaded mods can last for weeks after that ;) I call them life consumers

I can't wait for 11.11.11 to notice a distinct lack of people outside as everyones inside repping the new one

Ok i really like the look of KOTR. If anybody has it on pc could they tell me the minimum spec? Only place i can find it is on ebay and cant get spec for it. Is 1 or 2 better????

I'm really interested in KOTR as well Steve. I'd like to know a few things though. Do I buy I or II? Will it feel really dated having played games like Dragon Age recently? Will I be disappointed with the graphics given it's age?

I'm really interested in KOTR as well Steve. I'd like to know a few things though. Do I buy I or II? Will it feel really dated having played games like Dragon Age recently? Will I be disappointed with the graphics given it's age?

I was just looking on the net mate. 1 seems to be better than 2.(some people say 2 was rushed out and didnt feel finished).

Look at clips on youtube,will give you an idea of graphics.

I had a look at the spec and it seems fine. Does the game run on vista/ windows 7???

I was just looking on the net mate. 1 seems to be better than 2.(some people say 2 was rushed out and didnt feel finished).

Look at clips on youtube,will give you an idea of graphics.

I had a look at the spec and it seems fine. Does the game run on vista/ windows 7???

The first doesn't work on most Vista machines, the second had a Vista hotfix released. They both worked perfectly for me on 7 though.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

First one is on Steam for £6.99.

Ok i really like the look of KOTR. If anybody has it on pc could they tell me the minimum spec? Only place i can find it is on ebay and cant get spec for it. Is 1 or 2 better????

Minimum specs for KOtOR 1 are:

Pentium III or Athlon 1 GHz CPU, 256 MB RAM, 32 MB OpenGL 1.4 & hardware T&L compliant AGP or PCI graphics card, DirectX 9.0c compliant audio device, 4X Speed CD-ROM drive, Microsoft Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP, DirectX 9.0c

Think I may play through it again soon, never played the second one so I think I'll pick it up from somewhere later on oO)

they will run perfectly on normal/good machines these days as long as you have a graphics card older than like the GT 7800 series or so :) the graphics are not anywhere close to DA but in its time it was great and it adds to the nostalgia playing with these graphics! they are the best games you could and will ever play! I played II first then went to I as I could not find I anywhere, eventually found it and played it! I preferred II myself :)

of course it adds to the brilliance if you are a Star Wars fan, but even if you are not, its still the best RPG out there!

KOTOR 1 was one of the best games I've played. 2 I couldnt get into at all and was a bit dissapointed. If you enjoy KOTOR try Jade Empire, similar kind of game and also very good :)

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Mass Effect 1
3. KOTOR 1
4. Oblivion
5. NWN

I love bioware games..most have amazing stories..I also love blizzard games, but personally I think bioware games last longer...much longer!

So you didn't really complete it?

Story mode quest is decent but the guilds and random quests are better!
Original Xbox version works on 360, but PC version is far superior.

Oooh does it?

Looking at it on Amazon and it says its only platform is xbox :(

Last edited: