Gary Caldwell

Druggan

Reaction score
Well with all of the media surrounding this matter at the moment just thought I'd like to hear everyone's opinion.

Talk about Caldwell leaving this January, in all honesty I wouldn't be that bothered, Mogga doesn't seem interested in offering him a new contract and I would rather that we cashed in on him, than just let him go for nothing.

We also have the McDonald matter and the Robson matter, I'm more worried about McDonald leaving because he is Celtic's only natural finisher, who can actually score in the big games such as yesterday's Old Firm game.

Just want to hear what you lot think, I'd rather we sell up and bring in someone else, but I'd say Gary is our best defender and we don't have a good defence... I would expect a new big Centre back hopefully more like big Johan Mjallby than Stephen McManus......

Ive heard they are all linking up with Strachan at Boro.

Id keep him unless we sign someone.

yeh its pretty useless and clearly thinks he can play football but in a toss up over mick and caldwell i know who id rather toss over

Id keep him unless we sign someone.

yeh its pretty useless and clearly thinks he can play football but in a toss up over mick and caldwell i know who id rather toss over
gregor, that just made me shiver inside, you are the most random member, on the site, its fact

Right now, our best defence is easily Caldwell and McManus. Want to see us buy someone with the physical presence of Baldé, if we can get someone with that presence, then we might have a good central defence.

Our defence is a shambles regardless, wouldn't mind selling Caldwell (the man's cursed) and getting in a new defender.

Not seen much of Caldwell so can't really comment personally, but the amount of Celtic fans I have seen saying "don't care" and such, worries me - if we are the buyers.

Right now, our best defence is easily Caldwell and McManus. Want to see us buy someone with the physical presence of Baldé, if we can get someone with that presence, then we might have a good central defence.

Caldwell and Loovens*

Mick has got to be the worst Celtic captain of all time

Our defence is a shambles regardless, wouldn't mind selling Caldwell (the man's cursed) and getting in a new defender.

agreed, but Caldwells 2nd best of a bad lot...and we have to play 2, although O'Deas back

Not seen much of Caldwell so can't really comment personally, but the amount of Celtic fans I have seen saying "don't care" and such, worries me - if we are the buyers.

Hes decent but hes extremly error prone, and when he ***** up he loses his confidence for like 2-3 months

Hes decent but hes extremly error prone, and when he ***** up he loses his confidence for like 2-3 months

If he's extremely error prone and when he ***** up he loses confidence for that long wouldn't that mean he would play most of the season without confidence :p

He will fit in well at Boro then,some of our players lose confidence for 2-3 years.

If he's extremely error prone and when he ***** up he loses confidence for that long wouldn't that mean he would play most of the season without confidence :p

exactly, thats why we want rid

his brother steven seems pretty decent, ive never seen gary though, is he the one that played for newcastle?

our ideal defence from what we have is Fox - O'Dea - Caldwell - Hinkel

But Fox doesn't close any of the crosses down quick enough and big Mick is just pathetic shouldn't be here and I would be surprised if he lasted another year at Celtic, Caldwell is error prone and Hinkel is just useless in the air...

We realllllly need a Balde type.

Anybody notice how we got completely fleased by Rangers last season?

We only signed Glenn Loovens so that rangers didn't get him, but we were originally looking at Bougherra before them and rumoured to have deal finalised before switching targets for someone who cant be trusted with a ball at his feet.

Although Glenn is our best player in the air.

his brother steven seems pretty decent, ive never seen gary though, is he the one that played for newcastle?

Steven is terrible, Garys much better

our ideal defence from what we have is Fox - O'Dea - Caldwell - Hinkel

But Fox doesn't close any of the crosses down quick enough and big Mick is just pathetic shouldn't be here and I would be surprised if he lasted another year at Celtic, Caldwell is error prone and Hinkel is just useless in the air...

We realllllly need a Balde type.

Anybody notice how we got completely fleased by Rangers last season?

We only signed Glenn Loovens so that rangers didn't get him, but we were originally looking at Bougherra before them and rumoured to have deal finalised before switching targets for someone who cant be trusted with a ball at his feet.

Although Glenn is our best player in the air.

True but I think Loovens has, well not come good, but come decent

Caldwell is clearly the best CB at Celtic just now but he thinks he's a better player than what he is,he'll probably be big headed enough to think that he can leave the hoops and go to a better club!
McManus is just a big honest guy who's heart and love for the club outweighs his actual talent,feel kinda sorry for the big guy.
Loovens is just terrible,anyone who lets Kenny Miller shove them off the ball is a joke!
O'dea is a good defender and quite why Mowbray let him go out on loan is beyond anyones guess!

You guys need at least 2 quality CB's but look on the brightside at least you don't have old father time playing for you!

Caldwell is clearly the best CB at Celtic just now but he thinks he's a better player than what he is,he'll probably be big headed enough to think that he can leave the hoops and go to a better club!
McManus is just a big honest guy who's heart and love for the club outweighs his actual talent,feel kinda sorry for the big guy.
Loovens is just terrible,anyone who lets Kenny Miller shove them off the ball is a joke!
O'dea is a good defender and quite why Mowbray let him go out on loan is beyond anyones guess!

You guys need at least 2 quality CB's but look on the brightside at least you don't have old father time playing for you!

It's not possible to be more right...

Papers today have added Boyd onto Strachan's hitlist and Martin O'neill's hitlist.

Looks like Gary and Barry are leaving Celtic.

Hope Boyd goes gives us a better chance in the league without the goalscorer in the rangers side.

It's not possible to be more right...

Papers today have added Boyd onto Strachan's hitlist and Martin O'neill's hitlist.

Looks like Gary and Barry are leaving Celtic.

Hope Boyd goes gives us a better chance in the league without the goalscorer in the rangers side.

Hmm.... haven't heard the Boyd to Villa rumour but it makes sense if he sells Carew or Heskey for the reputed 5million,he'd cost less than half the price of one of them n might do a job?

January window will prob decide the league to be honest?

was he not player of the year(writers) last season
Total fluke!!!!
He was pretty consistant but Gordan Strachan got the managers award and only won the league cup,so it's a bit of a dodgy one!
Personally being a Rangers man Davis and Bougherra where my vote but i'm not a football writer..............yet!

Caldwell and Loovens*

Mick has got to be the worst Celtic captain of all time
I've felt that McManus is a good Celtic defender. Shouldn't be captain though.