Gary Speed dies at the age of 42

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/27/wales-manager-gary-speed said:
A minute's silence was announced as two sides lined up on the field, which quickly gave way to a spontaneous round of applause and chants of "There's only one Gary Speed" inside the Liberty Stadium.
I love this bit, it's brilliant. He fully deserves it and it's heart-warming to see fans doing this for him. Once a legend, always a legend.

I was totally shocked by the news earlier. Truly a sad day for football. R.I.P Speed

I was extremely shocked when I read that Gary had passed away. When Robert Enke did it, when Babak Rafati almost did it, just so many depressed guys in football that I never could believe they could have that kind of disease.
Rest In Peace my friend... :(

craig bellamy didnt play today's match (tmr for some people). respect.

[video=youtube;TPefPbXDkng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPefPbXDkng&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I cannot believe this, such a tragedy, thoughts and prayers are with your family :)

RIP Gary! Used to love sitting with my dad, watching you run out for Newcastle when they were on the tele (my dad is a big Newcastle fan). Such a tragedy. Hopefully, nothing gets out about why this happened and may he just rest in peace. thinking about his wife and kids in particular, also his family and friends.

I'm on my last nerve. leave your condolences only, or expect a ban.

So I feel it appropriate to link this, Its from goal.com i know the mods dont like us posting these links however the journalistic integrity in this article is clear and I felt it a touching send off for the late Gary Speed.

Obituary: Gary Speed (1969-2011) - Goal.com

if any mod feels it inappropriate please feel free to remove my post.

Wow, I was shocked when I saw on the news today. It's a big loss to the football, true legend, rest in peace !

He played for Leeds United, and was liked by Man Utd fans. He played for Everton, and was liked by Liverpool fans.

Just shows a measure of the man and how appreciated he was by everyone.

A Friend. A father. A husband. A son. A mentor. An idol.

Football lost one of its good guys yesterday.

Rest In Peace Gary. You won't be forgotten.

xx

RIP Gary
You were an amazing manager in your short career. You could have been one of the best.

true legend and gentleman of football some modern day players could have learnt alot from one of the best midfielders newcastle have ever had