General TV Discussion

Any tv series recommendations for me and the mrs?

Billions and Silicon Valley are one's I've watched recently. If you've seen and liked Suits then you will like Billions which is much better.

Mr Robot is also a good.

Billions and Silicon Valley are one's I've watched recently. If you've seen and liked Suits then you will like Billions which is much better.

Mr Robot is also a good.

I did start Suits mate, enjoyed what I watched but never kept up.

Silicone Valley I started recording but after a couple failed I deleted the lot haha, did look decent though!

And Mr Robot I've had my eye on, it's just getting in to something new that hooks me that's the problem

Bloke at work recommended Billions, might have to have a look at that too

Just watched the first 3 American Gods and gotta say I love it so far. The trailers claim that it will rival GoT is a massive one however. Interesting to see how this one develops

Just watched the first 3 American Gods and gotta say I love it so far. The trailers claim that it will rival GoT is a massive one however. Interesting to see how this one develops

I've recently got the audiobook but I've not started it, glad to hear the show is decent!

Read all the GoT books but the series seems to differ in story lines as the series goes on, still great though!

Yeah, American Gods is truly visually stunning show. Everything about it is so far perfect. Kinda unusual storytelling but intriguing, you'll want to watch it more and more. And, my god, Gillian Anderson and Crispin Glover are delightful to watch...

Yeah, American Gods is truly visually stunning show. Everything about it is so far perfect. Kinda unusual storytelling but intriguing, you'll want to watch it more and more. And, my god, Gillian Anderson and Crispin Glover are delightful to watch...

How hot was she as I love Lucy haha, or am I just showing my age.....

No, no, she was definitely smokin' hot as Lucy... She was great looking when i watched her in Hannibal, but as Lucy... ****.

wow wasn't much interested in the show though such a comparison is very promising. should check it out asap. and have you read the novel? some of my friends who are big fans of the book are not very satisfied with what they've seen so far

Yup. And there's an embarrassing number of blokes, who I guess are from the caveman era, who are claiming to not going to watch it because the new Dr is a female. They're either trolling, or just pathetic. I'd be happy for them to stop watching if that's the case-their kind are not welcome. Appears some people have trouble moving on from the caveman era. Trump would be proud...............

On a positive note, I've thoroughly enjoyed Capaldi's tenure as the doctor and look forward to the incoming 13th Doctor with optimism.

I'm not familiar with her work, might watch some Broadchurch to see her. And see what type of writing does new Who show runner has, plots and dialog wise.
When Capaldi was announced, didn't though i would enjoy him much... Boy, was i wrong. So i'm ready to give Jodie a chance.
Just hoping that new writers would cool of a bit with sjw. I'm all for equality but man, Moffat overdone it in the last couple episodes. And it wasn't subtle, too much on the nose. It just irked me...

I'm not familiar with her work, might watch some Broadchurch to see her. And see what type of writing does new Who show runner has, plots and dialog wise.
When Capaldi was announced, didn't though i would enjoy him much... Boy, was i wrong. So i'm ready to give Jodie a chance.
Just hoping that new writers would cool of a bit with sjw. I'm all for equality but man, Moffat overdone it in the last couple episodes. And it wasn't subtle, too much on the nose. It just irked me...

Watch season one, she was **** in season 2 & 3

Last edited:

Yeah he did some tremondous performances. I thought the same about previous doctors. Eccleston, Tennant and Smith. I was brought up on the "classic" Dr Who, and when Eccleston was made Dr I thought he would be pants-same for the rest. So I just didn't bother watching them. I now regret it badly. Especially with Matt Smith-the way he grew and developed as the Dr was brilliant.

Safe to say I won't be making the same mistake again.

Not sure how I feel about girl-Doctor. Although at the need what matters is if the script is good and whether she's a good actor. If that's the case then things will sort themselves out. If not that certainly questions will be raised whether it was just a publicity stunt to make the show more progressive.

Well internet already found picture of her ****, so now I have seen ***** of a Time Lord. We're off to a good start.

Black mirror
Game of Thrones
Vikings
Shameless
American dad
RIck and Morty

it's only a part from the list that I am watching

Rewatching Todd and the book of Pure Evil. Now I remember how awesome a show it was.

It's childish. It's gross. It's immature.

Suits the mentality of this 42 year old :D

Can anyone recommend me some good TV series? I recently watched The Terror, Stranger Things and The Sinner.