Geordie icon, a Newcastle united story

• Thread starter Thread starter NUFCfobber
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 4K
Saturday 17th August 2013
West London, Chelsea

As I walked down the tunnel I may of had a straight face but I was beaming inside. Maybes we didn't win but I was really happy with the point we gained from Stamford Bridge. I crossed paths with Jose Mourinhio in the tunnel and he did not look happy at all, who could blame him. We had drawn 2-2 in both of our first game in charge of our clubs. Chelsea had took the lead when Torres powered home a quality volley from 18 yards within the first 10 minutes. We looked poor and our heads dropped when Lampard added a second for the blues on the half hour mark. Going into half time we had no confidence and without a shot we had been really embarrassed. We ran out for the second half looking defeated but as soon as the lads started getting back into the game out confidence boosted. We had more possession and were playing the blues of the park. Our break through came in the 62nd minute when Cabaye whipped in a pin point cross for new lad Aubumeyang to get a debut goal. 2-1 game on!!! We pressed and pressed until the last minute of stoppage time all hope was lost. That was until Sissoko lifted a quality ball through to Gouffran who split the defence open with a superb pot of gold trick, one on one with the keeper he slid it through for Cisse to tap it home into the empty net. The away support went wild and Newcastle got a deserved point.

The lads were still buzzing from the game, many of them still in awe of Gouffrans unbelievable trick, even I was! " Ok lads great second half, shows that we have a great team spirit here at Newcastle and we can do anything. You deserve your night out in London so have a good time and I want to see you guys at training on Monday morning". I walked out to a chorus of chanting " Cisse, Cisse" they were good lads! I wasn't staying in London though, I had an apartment to buy and a special lunch with the special one

Sunday 18th August,2013
Essex

The road took a quick left as I entered he gates of a lavish country house, I couldn't believe it! Here I was living with my parents in Durham and here is Jose living in a mansion already. As I pulled up my new Ford next to his Lamborghini I felt depressed. Before I could knock on the large metallic doors they were already opened by the man himself.

" Come in Mr. Forbes"

I hastily entered the huge building but to my surprise it had not been completed yet, there were at least 50 decorates painting and adding furniture into the household. He pointed me towards a cushy armchair I front of the fireplace. As he sat down his mouth began to move.

" Mr. Forbes I was really impressed by your debut yesterday and you have a great team in front of you".
" Thank you Mr, Mour..."

" Please just call me Jose"

" Ok thank you Jose for those kind words, it is a honour to hear a manager of your experience complement me like that"

" We'll let's hope for your sakes that you don't beat Chelsea anytime soon " He giggled, I forced out a little giggle too. The conversation dragged on for a long time and Jose's career and what I could do to help Newcastle achieve their goals. The fact Jose is helping me at the club really makes him the special one. I left the house 2 hours later and headed back home to the north east in good spirits.

Monday 28th October, 2005
Blackburn

As I lay on my hospital bed, I feared the worst as doctors kept coming in and out to attempt to fix my leg. I had not seen my leg since before the incident and I really didn't want to see it today. Another doctor walked in followed by my manager Graeme Souness. Both gentlemen had very grim faces as they stood by my bedside.
" Mr. Forbes , your parents did not want to tell you the news so me and Graeme did it for them. After conclusive observation we have decided that you can't play football ever again"
I froze, tears welling up in my eyes I just felt defeated. Why me?, I had barley took off now I'm grounded forever. As both men left the room I could only just lie down and begin to cry, why me? What did I do to deserve this?.

Sunday 18th August 2013
Nottingham

It was almost a fit, that flashback had distracted me off the road and now I was full speed a head of the other side of the road. I eventually came to my senses but not in enough time, the car had smashed through the barricades that split the two roads and I was now heading on to the other lane. Cars honked their horns as I skidded along the road, I tried my hardest to turn around but I couldn't stop! The car flew of the road and into a bunch of trees. The car was destroyed and so was my body, everything began to fade...

Monday 19th August 2013
Nottingham

It was a familier sight, the hospital ward was a place I knew all to well. As I started to come around there was a doctor standing beside me. He was smiling at me as if we were best mates, I didn't know what was going on at all!
" You are lucky to be alive Mr. Forbes, the car accident nearly paralysed you but luckily enough you are fine"

Car accident? I didn't know where I was? Who am I?. I was so confused about what had happend yesterday.

" Who am I? Where am I?" That is all I could say, the doctor gave a little laugh and started smiling, it was very creepy!. Then I remembered, I was having a flashback about the last time I was at the hospital, that caused the accident, that was the reason I nearly lost my life. I needed to get out of here, Now! I jumped out of my bed and pushed the doctor away from me.

" Mr Forbes what are you doing" he shouted, but it was too late I had already began running and no one could stop me. Alarm bells ran and doctors came out of each room and began their pursuit of me. I sprinted through main reception and was out of the door into the car park. I saw a taxi pull up down the road and I caught up to it. I hopped inside and handed him the money.

" Durham please"

" Durham it is".

As the taxi pulled away I looked behind me too see the doctors searching the car park for me, that was a close one!

Ok guys should I stop this story, I don't know whether this is interesting or not, please leave me suggestions and tell me which team I could be

No keep it up man, updates are coming very fast and maybe thats why you aren't getting tons of comments.

Sunday 26th August 2013
Newcastle

Matchday. The biggest day of the week as far as football fans are concerned, the match today was my first home Mach as Newcastle manager and was against the big boys- Manchester City. As the players entered the stadium via the players entrance I was already there waiting for them.

" Right lads this is a biggy, Manchester City are in town and they are looking to turn you over. As we proved against Chelsea we don't go down easily and we will fight to the last breath. Do this for the fans lads and do this for me!"

As the players walked into their positions in the tunnel alongside them stood the superstars of the former champions. I knew that if I was ever going to be successful these were the games I had to win. The roar of the Geordie crowd got me all pumped up and ready for a great game of football. With the nod of the referee the teams began walking out onto the pitch and into

90 minutes later...

Amazing. That is all I could describe that performance, the players were celebrating like they had just won the cup. We had trounced the superstars 5-0. It all started off when Cabaye whipped in a corner and fell to the feet of Cisse, he poked it home to give us the lead. Later on in the first half Aubumeyang was put through by Sissoko and the Gabon striker chipped Joe Hart brilliantly to make it 2-0 at half time. In the second half it only took 2 minutes until Cabaye won a free- kick on the edge of the area. He curled it in and celebrated with the gallowgate stand. With 10 minutes left Yohan Gouffran won a penalty which HBA converted cooly, 4-0 GEDDIN!! We were not done there, in added time Aubumeyang swung a wild volley from 25 yards which sailed into the top corner. 5-0 and the fans were loving it. Back in the tunnel the players were beaming!

" Lads that was world class, you made them look like muppets and I truly believe that we have a amazing squad here at Newcastle. Go on lads go for some drinks, you deserve it!"

I was ready for some drinks too after that win!!!

Back