Gerard Pique - 35 goals in season :)

I dont see it as an exploit,it is a succesful set-piece tactic
Even if it is,he didnt realise this,it is common to put corner tactics this way

i dont see the corner to best header at far bpost as a chet or exploit, its something that most teams do irl.

Ranocchia ftw. Pique ftl. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag4IPY_xUZE"]YouTube - Inter 6 - 0 Ascoli - Match Highlights (Ranocchia x4 goals)[/ame]

How is it an exploit? its winning him matches the game gives him the chance to do it. isnt it called tactics ?

How is it an exploit? its winning him matches the game gives him the chance to do it. isnt it called tactics ?
You get an unrealistic amount of goals from a simple tactic, hence it is an exploit in the game. No player should ever score close to 40 goals from corners. If you rely on it then you aren't keeping in the spirit of the game. You can call it good management but it is still exposing a weakness in the game. In fm2010, specific corner options were also a weakness in the game.

I've just had a look at my default corner tactics and my CB is set to attack far post. Now that I think of it, he does score a few goals... maybe ten a season, but surely that's not too unrealistic?

Common sense it may be, but it is still an exploit as the match engine is bugged in this regard. Which is exactly what an exploit is - taking advantage of a bug or flaw.

It's a tactic that many people will employ due to common sense without thinking of it as an exploit. Can't really call something an exploit when they haven't purposely set out with the goal of bugging the match engine for an unfair advantage.

Not cheating, just using a players quality. He is not going to put Pique on the edge of the box for corners. It is up to the other teams to mark him.

no guys it definitly is an exploit and a cheat,
just like settin your best penalty taker to take penalties, cheating.

very grey area. it is and it isnt a cheat :/

Playing to your players strengths to maximise the chance of scoring is not cheating.
It is exactly the same as setting a player with a high long shot stat to take long shots often

something more amazing Jamie Carragher has 2 goals in 2 games for me!!!!

I don't think most of the people who have posted realise that it's a fault with the game that so many goals can be scored from these corner instructions - therefore it is clearly an exploit as it scores goals that the AI simply cannot defend against.

Really people have a choice, move the player so that they'll only get a realistic amount of goals from corners and undoubtedly lose more matches, or keep him there and win games in a very cheap manner. Each person has paid (except for illegal downloads) for their game so they can decide which they choose.

I used this tactic with my best header, he just puts it over every time, scores about 1 in 10 attempts

i did this with Pique at barca aswell and he dominates he got about 25 goals for the season... i didnt realise it was a bug, i just thought he was a machine... got more league goals that Villa! haha

Yes its a bug that the computer does not defend them as well as they should, but it is a real tactic to use so what manager is going to not have a player run at the far post when it is a legitimate tactic? In real life, crossing and corners to the back post are a good idea because it is hard for the keeper and defenders to move across.

Bug yes, cheat no.